Hi

Well, now we're sad because they took down the homepage. If you type in the URL it takes you to the Disney website.

Well... everyone (mostly) freaked out about the home page thing. Im still really sad about vmk closing. (not mourning over it or anything) but miss it.
And... some of us have gotten over it, im not sure how many people or anything though. Too bad we cant make a poll of every single vmk player. I really wish we could do that, though.

Hey, haven't seen you post in a while. Everyone's pretty bummed out about the homepage incident, but I think it's a good thing. This means there won't be any more advertising on the site. Plus, it gives us a little more momentum to keep fighting.;)

i never looked at it that way... it is getting me thinking about it a little more. I still check it every once in a while to make sure its still linking to the other disney site, I cant help it. But still, I feel like we need to do something about it again. Or try.

What ever happen to that site that they talked about when vmk was closing so that u could keep in contact with some of your vmk friend? Does anyone remember that in the newsletter before the closing? I think it was right along with the letter about that vmk stories thing...
Idk maybe i am the only one that remembers seeing that.. :confused3

What ever happen to that site that they talked about when vmk was closing so that u could keep in contact with some of your vmk friend? Does anyone remember that in the newsletter before the closing? I think it was right along with the letter about that vmk stories thing...

Hmm, I don't remember seeing that. Do the links to the last newsletter still work?

Wait I remember them saying somehting like that- I just dont know exactly what they were saying.... was it get on vfk? I think so :( Im not sure though.

Whoah wait one second... how long does it take to make a video game like vfk? Dont you think its a little suspicious that it opened up like the day after vmk closed...? Like it was somewhat planned out? Its pretty similiar, with basics at least, to vmk. I dont get it, it feels kind of planned out, at least the vfk people knew the whole time vmk was closing or something.

Whoah wait one second... how long does it take to make a video game like vfk? Dont you think its a little suspicious that it opened up like the day after vmk closed...? Like it was somewhat planned out? Its pretty similiar, with basics at least, to vmk. I dont get it, it feels kind of planned out, at least the vfk people knew the whole time vmk was closing or something.

Hey everyone, I also haven't posted in a while...

I'm really not sure what to think about VFK. The first day it was open, nothing worked. People were invisible, among many other bugs... It couldn't have been thought out too far in advance. I think they were saying they were already working on the technology for a year or something, and when they heard VMK was closing they decided to try and replace it.

By the way, they failed in "replacing" VMK. It's nowhere near as fun and the quality is lacking.

Yeah, nothing can replace vmk! But... elf island just opened up and I have heard there are alot of vmk people signed up for it. I just made my person, its not going to be like vmk too much, but it looks better than vfk.

Duh flips...

Hey, haven't seen you post in a while. Everyone's pretty bummed out about the homepage incident, but I think it's a good thing. This means there won't be any more advertising on the site. Plus, it gives us a little more momentum to keep fighting.;)

You, my friend, are the only name I remember out of everyone here. Good to see you!

About this VFK thing. I find it kind of silly.... I mean, come on, fairies? Where's my awesome polo shirt, blue jeans and sorcerer hat? Not the kind of thing for me. Plus, I've kinda moved on to 'other" games. Just cam back to say hi and see how everyone was doing after Disney shut VMK down.

You all have to remember: Disney is very corporate these days; all they want is profit. The Imagineeres, however, want everything they can get; who cares about profit? So Imagineers planned this big 50th game called VMK. Corporate Disney thinks, "hey, great marketing!" and launch it. Pretty soon, they figure out the 50th is done and this VMK thing isn't making us any money, and they've got programmers to pay. So, in an effort to not loose money, they cut it.

Things like this happen. All good things come to and end. Oh, well.

I dont think ALL good things come to an end, but im not going to list any. Just my opinion though. Vmk obviously did though, sadly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter