Hidden ticket price increases

sure, but at the end of the day it could be miscalculated and profit will go down with wrong service update... hopefully they know what they are doing

As for a hidden price - on the days when there is separate admission at MK for Halloween and Christmas events how much lower are the regular admission prices on those days for the people who have to leave by 6PM?

One could argue that some of these changes keep the base price of a ticket lower while the company can still make more money off people willing to pay.

- If I don't care about park hopping, I pay less than someone who wants it.
- The creation of demand-based tickets means I can choose to go on days that cost less.
- I always leave the park after the fireworks. Why should the price of my ticket subsidize to keep it longer open when I am not there?
- I buy tickets and use them, not hold them for a rainy day. Why should I subsidize the cost of the labor and effort to create a tracking system for hundreds of various ticket types to keep them non-expiring for decades?

In the end, Disney must keep its parks as full as possible while making as much money as possible as demanded by its shareholders.

There is only one MK, filled with people of all incomes, some willing to pay more for an advantage over other guests. It's all a big balancing act.

One thing is for sure, the ticketing system will see now will continue to evolve.

So how did they survive for half a century without these brilliant new ideas?

So how did they survive for half a century without these brilliant new ideas?
I think they just charged more for everything back then. At least they are giving you an option now. The question i have is, would you rather they increase the price of tickets for everyone to cover all these programs, or give you an option to purchase or not? It isn't like these are hidden fees, they are very upfront about the cost, and it is up to you to budget them into your vacation, or not.

It always worked out pretty well for park hoppers. Go to MK on a party day morning when it's not as busy, then hop to another park for the evening.
Yeah, and that scenario is still on the table. I can see why people would be miffed by it, but they are easily avoidable, and again Disney is transparent from the start. The only thing that bothers me is when they close parks early for private events, primarily because there typically isn't a lot of warning and people would have already committed to trips

...and quite frankly, there's nothing wrong with that. Bottom line, Disney is a business out to make money and keep their shareholders happy.
Very true. And is the guest to finds ways to keep as much of thier money in thier pocket.

No, I don't! As far as I remember, they always started when the prior ones expired, but I also did not have APs many years. When was that?
I’ve had AP’s since 1998 and I remember that. It probably changed when tickets were overhauled in 2005. After that, I just bought new to stretch out the dates. Until the past 3 years when new weren’t sold, I had to renew.

When my 20 year old twins were around 3 or 4 years old, disney had said they were going to discontinue the 10 day non-expiring tickets (these were the ones you could use one day at a time if you choose to) and they were around $300ish for the full 10 days. I was too cheap to buy them and regret it so much. Oh well, live and learn!

We have stopped going as it no longer holds the value it used to have for our family. Too,TOO expensive and fewer perks , less nostalgic magic and once political views were brought into the experience I was out. Political ideas need to stay out of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter