Hide/Find a Penny Thread

tlenzendorf

Always Dreaming of Disney!
Ok, the other thread is supposed to be about checking on cleaning, not a game! Let's start a dedicated thread to this topic! Anyone have suggestions for rules? After we get a general consensus then I will post them here.

Rule #1 Mark your penny! Mickey head on one side, the words "Hide Me" written in sharpie on the back. Pick out a small AREA where you will hide the penny, and post on this thread. I will keep a list of pennies on this posting.

Rule #2 After finding a penny, take a picture with it, then REHIDEor REPLACE it with a different penny in THE SAME PLACE. Pleast post when you get back your picture with the penny and when/where you found it, or if its gone.

I will update as often as possible on this first post as to the pennies status: where/when/lost :goodvibes

Who is going soon that wants to hide some pennies?

I haven't had any penny updates in a long time. After someone posts then I will update.

Remember, when you find the penny, rehide it where you found it!

Instead of marking them, we could use pressed pennies.

Going soon!:banana:

I'll be at Disney from 1/23 - 1/29 and have already painted a Mickey head on a penny with White Out. But I'm worried that might wash off, maybe I'll redo it at home tonight using white nail polish, that shouldn't wash off in the rain. LOL

I'll take a pic of my final product before I hide it and will post to let everyone know where I hide it. If you want me to take a pic of me hiding it just let me know.

My sister is going to think I finally went off the deep end. :rotfl:

Oooh just had a thought... my niece has some neon green nail polish at home. I think I'll paint my Mickey head with that!! LMAOO

I like marking them so we know it's not that someone dropped a pressed penny. White-out mickey heads sounds great!

I like marking them so we know it's not that someone dropped a pressed penny. White-out mickey heads sounds great!

It would be a crazy coinkydink if someone dropped a pressed penny in the same location as an out of the way hidden one!:teacher: I would take that as good luck and double the fun!!:wizard:

A pressed penny from the park that the penny is hidden in would be logical. A pressed penny from your own state would be unique!

Hmmm, I think I'll leave it up to posters what kind of penny you want to leave, pressed or marked. Hopefully we'll get enough of them out there to make this a fun game :goodvibes I do agree, though, a pressed penny from someplace OTHER than WDW as in home state penny, etc, would make it more fun!

Couple of questions to help establish guidelines...
1) Are we posting where we hid the penny in the thread so anyone (DISERs of course- not just anyone) can find the penny?
2) After we find a hidden one do we put it back in the same place (in case other Disers are there at the same time) and hide our own? OR do we take the original penny and hide it somewhere new?

Opinions Anyone?

I am going in March and I am excited to play.

Thoughts everyone? I put hide in a different place under the rules. What do you think? Rehide or hide someplace different?

We are posting the AREA the penny was hid in, so there is a small amount of search involved.

I am going to attempt to use a Sharpie to mark my penny. On one side I'll do the Mickey head, on the other I'll see if Rehide at WDW will fit! That way it will serve multipurpose of HOPEFULLY not just getting pocketed if found and we will KNOW if its one our our pennies :goodvibes

The only problem with hiding in a different place is that there will likely be considerable lag time between being found and posting an update. That means when a post says "The eagle has landed in the phone booth near Casey's Corner" many will be looking for it but the first to find it will have already found it and taken it to another hiding place. The next to come looking won't find anything.

So...as boring as rehiding sounds, I think that is the only option. There will just be too much confusion otherwise. Unless people partner up and hide for eachother.

Off we go to the Theme Parks Community Board, in 3 - 2 - 1...

;)

The only problem with hiding in a different place is that there will likely be considerable lag time between being found and posting an update. That means when a post says "The eagle has landed in the phone booth near Casey's Corner" many will be looking for it but the first to find it will have already found it and taken it to another hiding place. The next to come looking won't find anything.

So...as boring as rehiding sounds, I think that is the only option. There will just be too much confusion otherwise. Unless people partner up and hide for eachother.

Good idea. I think it will be easier for me to keep track of them on here, too. So, when you find a penny, put it back! I will keep track of which ones are gone based on postings and where people have hid new pennies.

I still think we should just give a small area where it is being hid, though. That way there is still a little fun in looking for it. Not like "the penny is hid at Casey's", but more like "the penny is taped under the first table next to the window in the bleacher room."

i will be there on sunday and monday. i will decorate my penny with sharpie. on one side i will put a "hidden mickey" and on the other side i will write DIS!

i will take a pic of it and post it on here along with the location i leave it at.

when found take a pic with it. both holding it and a close up in your hand. then rehide it in a different location in the magic kingdom.

its our own lil hidden mickey penny game. i absolutly LOVE this idea!!!!!:goodvibes:thumbsup2:cool1:

I like the find the penny replace the penny rule. I might be able to get a Pressed Penny for my state. I totally LOVE that idea. An Alabama Penny in WDW found by someone from say Tx who leaves a Texas penny for the next person. Of course the locations would have to be static or else there would be to much lag time as mentioned before.

I don't know when my next trip is, but I did want to post saying I think this is a great idea! Lots of fun!

Also, I wanted to say that you will likely find most of the pennies. We did something similar back in 2007. We went about a week and a half before our friends did. So we created a scavenger hunt for them. We bought some 'little green army men', put our initials on the bottom and hide them all over. We made sure to do 'out of the way' type places. Our friends had a blast looking for them (we gave them the basic locations). We hid about 18 men and they found a good 10-12 of them!I have a few pictures- if anyone is interested, let me know.

Hi,
I am a local and an annual passholder and I am staying at pop century this weekend. I would be more than glad to hide a penny or two. Let me think now where lol...Ok got it.. At Casey's Corner there is a time board where they have the times of the rides I will hide one on top there on friday. Then on Saturday I will hide one at the pay phone next to the first aid also by Casey's Corner. Let me know when and if you find them..This should be fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter