high anxiety

Anxiety and suicide metaphors over a hotel choice? Really?

Is there a level of problems higher than first world problems for things like this?
if you were familiar with my posting style...........

i have since the original post wait listed OKW

To each their own. We would never choose OKW over SSR. We have stayed at SSR over a DZ times. Love SSR. We have stayed at ever DVC WDW resort. With OKW being our least favorite. But if I had to choose no Disney vacation or OKW Disney vacation. I would choose the latter

I like resorts that have some other transportation other than bus to at least one park with AKV being the exception and the place with buses only that we stay at often because of the outstanding theming but I don't worry about staying at SSR. It's growing into a beautiful resort and I have a different impression of the time for the bus ride to the parks. Both SSR and OKW are pretty centrally located at WDW so once you leave the resort there's no long bus ride anywhere. The longest is if you hop on the bus at the first stop at either of these resorts and take the ride all the way around. Still - MK bus rides to DHS and AK take longer - those I hate.

I like the theming of OKW better - more tropical feel - but for overall resort and amenities I think SSR beats OKW for that. Buses are almost identical. Also Disney Springs can be easily walked to from SSR. I think a switch from SSR to OKW is fairly neutral with resort theme and sleeping spaces the main difference. SSR has more resort amenities.

I will readily admit that I was an SSR snob and had no desire to stay there. I have now stayed at SSR my last two visits and while SSR is not #1 on my DVC list...it's also not at the bottom either. My only major complaint is the size of the resort and walking and walking is just part of the equation when staying at SSR.

My only recommendation would be to opt for the preferred booking which gets you into either Springs or Congress Park. Absolutely refuse to stay at Carousel...even if you have to have a temper tantrum at check in. Carousel is for those DVC members on "double secret probation" ...no pool, no food, no nothing

I will readily admit that I was an SSR snob and had no desire to stay there. I have now stayed at SSR my last two visits and while SSR is not #1 on my DVC list...it's also not at the bottom either. My only major complaint is the size of the resort and walking and walking is just part of the equation when staying at SSR.

My only recommendation would be to opt for the preferred booking which gets you into either Springs or Congress Park. Absolutely refuse to stay at Carousel...even if you have to have a temper tantrum at check in. Carousel is for those DVC members on "double secret probation" ...no pool, no food, no nothing
Nah, Carousel is for those DVC members who like to be left alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter