Highest paying role w/ disney college program?

I was actually 19 and I turned 20 near the very end. But my friends ranged in age from 18 to 25 so there was always a lot to do. Plus we were all there looking for a good time. We all left broke but it was because we wanted to have the best experience ever. I mean it also helped that we had friends with cars lol. This time im going to be 21 turning 22 and i plan to have just as much fun as last time, while maybe saving a little money lol. Im trying to get into grad school and would like to come home with enough for books.

yeah. IF i am accepted, ill be 19 turning 20. i guess i was wondering if there were clubs 21 and under. sounds exciting! and yeah, i know some people can come home with money, i just dont plan on being one of them (again, if) haha

and also, from what ive read to answer the other question, i believe all wages are starting at above seven dollars next semester?

yeah. IF i am accepted, ill be 19 turning 20. i guess i was wondering if there were clubs 21 and under. sounds exciting! and yeah, i know some people can come home with money, i just dont plan on being one of them (again, if) haha

and also, from what ive read to answer the other question, i believe all wages are starting at above seven dollars next semester?

yea, due to the florida minimum wage it will be above $7/hr

I was reading old threads and figured I would post the most recent pay rates according to the wdwcp website.

Hourly Wage
A Disney College Program participant's wage will vary between $7.25-8.39 per hour, based on the role that he/she is selected to perform. Participants may also be eligible for premium pay in select roles and will learn their exact rate of pay upon receiving an invitation.

I can say from just being accepted for QSFB (yay!!! :goodvibes) that this role definitely gets more that minimum but it sure isn't $8.39. So, I guess it's not the highest paying role. Which makes me wonder, which is?

Also, what is this premium pay they talk about? Anybody know? :confused3

I was reading old threads and figured I would post the most recent pay rates according to the wdwcp website.

Hourly Wage
A Disney College Program participant's wage will vary between $7.25-8.39 per hour, based on the role that he/she is selected to perform. Participants may also be eligible for premium pay in select roles and will learn their exact rate of pay upon receiving an invitation.

I can say from just being accepted for QSFB (yay!!! :goodvibes) that this role definitely gets more that minimum but it sure isn't $8.39. So, I guess it's not the highest paying role. Which makes me wonder, which is?

Also, what is this premium pay they talk about? Anybody know? :confused3

based on the disney career website, photopass photographers make the most, but it is possible it is different with CPs.

Thing could have changed...but I went to the FA 2009-2010 College Program...and characters were making the second highest..the highest was lifeguard...i was making $7.88 an hour...and it increased to $8.10 right before I left

I got the role QSFB and it is paying 7.58 as my rate. which is higher then most roles.. but im going to be auditioning in orlando next month so hopefully that will be changing :):yay:

I got the role QSFB and it is paying 7.58 as my rate. which is higher then most roles.. but im going to be auditioning in orlando next month so hopefully that will be changing :):yay:

You already got accepted to be in QSFB??? But they're still allowing you to audition??? WOW!! That's weird...I had to wait until AFTER my audition to see what my role was going to be..they didnt want to give me another role...and then I got accepted to be a Character....did they send you an invitation to attend the character performer audition??

You already got accepted to be in QSFB??? But they're still allowing you to audition??? WOW!! That's weird...I had to wait until AFTER my audition to see what my role was going to be..they didnt want to give me another role...and then I got accepted to be a Character....did they send you an invitation to attend the character performer audition??
They changed how they do auditions now. They put you into another role that you selected and you accept it. Then you audition and if you pass, they switch your role over to performer. If you don't get performer, you still have the other role you accepted.

They changed how they do auditions now. They put you into another role that you selected and you accept it. Then you audition and if you pass, they switch your role over to performer. If you don't get performer, you still have the other role you accepted.

O_O!!! I wish they did that for me lol...I had to wait 4 months from my interview to the audition to see if I got accepted as a character or in another role

i got BBB hostess and my rate is $7.92, i have heard it is on the high end of the pay scale....

Yep they sure did. I got the email last week. And then called and confirmed the times and where its at. Im sugned up for orlando. She said how it works is that if i dont make it my qsfb role is my permanent.. because i interviewed early. And then if i do make it.. i just get the job or go in the pool and my qsfb job goes away but i cant get it back so i have to accept or decline the role for character soon. Its confusing but im starting to understand it.

I was offered Concierge for 8.33/hr, so that's pretty high up (though terrible compared to minimum wage at home!!). AND it's indoors, woohoo!:cool1:

Innoventions Presenters (which fall under the umbrella of Attractions) make $8.01 an hour. Just tossing that out.

Wow, reading this thread REALLY makes me feel like my CP was a million years ago (it was only ten years ago, in actuality!). I got paid $5.65 an hour in merchandise.

And I came home with almost no money. :)

Wow, reading this thread REALLY makes me feel like my CP was a million years ago (it was only ten years ago, in actuality!). I got paid $5.65 an hour in merchandise.

And I came home with almost no money. :)
Well thats still better than what minimum wage was! lol..min wage in FL was $5.15 ten years ago...so you were ahead of the game ;)

Hi, this board hasn't been written on in a long time but I was wondering what the best paying jobs are now. I would most likely pass the lifeguarding test without issue and wouldn't mind lifeguarding if it paid a lot better than the other roles. However, Conceirge indoors (instead of spending my day outside in the heat) for $8.33 sounds good to me. I saw on answers.com the pay rate for Lifeguards this year is $7.50 but that doesn't seem right to me since qualifications are necessary for the role...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter