Hilton Head Island fans-sad news

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
To some. The Piggly Wiggly at Shelter Cove is closing-I can't remember the exact date, maybe today? For us, it was a traditional place to shop for staples. Maybe the prices were a little higher, but there's something to be said for tradition. Our first Hilton Head Thanksgiving came from there, and for several years now, DH has done "the Piggly Wiggly" Turkey Trot run on Thanksgiving day.

Oh my gosh, from the title of this thread, I thought you were going to say Shaddow had been hit by a car or something. Pfew!

Oh my gosh, from the title of this thread, I thought you were going to say Shaddow had been hit by a car or something. Pfew!

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry you thought that! I know that if that ever happened to lovely Shadow, I'd be devastated. She's such a sweet girl. Not always very dignified, but she's so friendly-

Oh my goodness...whew! When I saw this title I thought of a few horrible things...

*. Either Shadow was hurt or killed
*. I was thinking Mike-the long term pool person was gone or injured
*. Or possibly something happen to B'Lou (sp?) was gone...the wonderful guy who tells the stories

With all of those possibilities I am almost glad it is only a store closing! Thank you for sharing though...

Me too..glad Shadow is OK!

I don't have any history of going to Piggly Wiggly, but I do think it's a cute name. Sorry your traditions will be ended.

Bobbi:sad2:

Excited to see they are building a nice big Kroger at Shelter Cove mall though. For me, Kroger is the tradition...but spending 50 hours a week there probably makes me biased.

Back to Shadow though. How old is she? I thought I saw in the story that she was around when the resort was built...which I think was 1996. That would be a good long life for a golden.

Back to Shadow though. How old is she? I thought I saw in the story that she was around when the resort was built...which I think was 1996. That would be a good long life for a golden.

We saw Shadow 10 days ago. Not exactly sure of her age, but if the write up they have on her is accurate, she was a puppy in 1996, so she's about 17.

Don't want to ruin anything for anybody, but DH and I have been going to Disney's HHI since 1998 and Shadow's appearance changed drastically at one point if you get my drift. We tried to ask B'Lou about it at once (out of earshot of the kids) and he mentioned something about a makeover and kind of winked.

HHI is the one DVC we haven't made it to yet but when I read the title my first thought also was it must have been something sad about Shadow. :eek:

Don't want to ruin anything for anybody, but DH and I have been going to Disney's HHI since 1998 and Shadow's appearance changed drastically at one point if you get my drift. We tried to ask B'Lou about it at once (out of earshot of the kids) and he mentioned something about a makeover and kind of winked.

Yeah, Mickey Mouse looks good for his age too;). Shadow has had 2-3 "makeovers" I would bet;). Still, I love her! Seeing Shadow is the highlight of every HHI trip.

Yes, we have been going for 8 years, and if you take pictures over the years you can really see the difference. But Shadow's so nice, you just gotta believe-kind of like Santa.

Yeah, Mickey Mouse looks good for his age too;). Shadow has had 2-3 "makeovers" I would bet;). Still, I love her! Seeing Shadow is the highlight of every HHI trip.

Yes, 2-3 would not surprise me, but the one change was very obvious. My kids adore her, but they are just getting to the ages now that they would notice a change. I think it is cool that Disney allows a live mascot.

This is our first trip to HHI and as it was a brief trip in the off season we did not have any Shadow visits. However, I'm kind of relieved that Shadow has had a makeover...I would hate to think that they were continuing to force her to work into her retirement.

Not too broken hearted about the Piggly, we found to to be small and overpriced. It will be nice having a Kroger near by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter