Hilton Head Island

rhanson77

Earning My Ears
I will be going with DD9 and DS6 to Hilton Head Island next summer, early June. I've never been before. What advice do you have about activities to do with the kids while there?

Rent bikes, bring toys for the beach. We've traveled to HHI several times and make sure you get a chance to venture outside the DVC resort. : )

Another vote for Biking! You can go almost anywhere on HHI with a bike.

There is (hopefully there will still be!) a minor league baseball team here in Savannah. If they are in town and playing, it's LOTS of fun in a true historical ball park (built in the 20s).

Go Gnats!

I will be going with DD9 and DS6 to Hilton Head Island next summer, early June. I've never been before. What advice do you have about activities to do with the kids while there?

Rent bike in the beginning you get a deal for your entire stay and fishing is fun too.

I would not worry about being bored. We took our kids in January 2010 (ages 7 and 4) and half the resort was shut down due to pool renovations. It was too cold to swim in the ocean, and we still had plenty to do, and they still ask about going back. You are going in June when the weather will be nice. Don't listen to the little voice in your head that will worry about them being bored. I don't think it will be an issue.

I would not worry about being bored. We took our kids in January 2010 (ages 7 and 4) and half the resort was shut down due to pool renovations. It was too cold to swim in the ocean, and we still had plenty to do, and they still ask about going back. You are going in June when the weather will be nice. Don't listen to the little voice in your head that will worry about them being bored. I don't think it will be an issue.

We are going for Christmas, so I guess January is about the same, how was the weather what did you do? There are 8 of us, adults and a 15, and 2 17yo.

We are going for Christmas, so I guess January is about the same, how was the weather what did you do? There are 8 of us, adults and a 15, and 2 17yo.

The weather can vary, we were there for 5 days and the high each day was the high 50's. We were lucky that we had no rain, but it was still too cool to swim. You can still comb the beach, visit the community hall, tour the island, etc.

Besides the aforementioned bikes (a must) and the beach, HHI resort has so many wonderful activities onsite. From nature walks to crafts, there will be several options available each day.

You and your kids will have a blast! :goodvibes

Thank you for the info. We are all soooooo looking forward to it, we all need a relaxing vaca.

We liken it to family camp. So many fun activities that you and your children can do together!

The activities are HHI are fantastic for kids. We were there last June with our 4, 7 and 22mo old and had a blast. Every afternoon the baby would take a nap and DH and I switched off taking the big kids to the pier to catch crabs, and we also spent a lot of time doing the crafts and games at the Community Hall.
The atmosphere at HHI is so great for families, the pool is a blast and the CMs are awesome. A lot of camp type activities, themed pool parties, games, crafts, campfire and songs, tons more but that is what I can remember my kids enjoying the most.
We will be there again next Summer and plan to rent bikes for the week!

Get the weekly activity sheet. I highly recommend the Marsh walk and the Pickney (sp) Island walk. There is a ton of stuff to do for all, we love HHI and go every other year with WDW being the other year.

Resaurants to try: Sea Shack, Steamers,Two Hot Mommas, and italian pizza place by Piggly Wiggly. Say hi to pool guy Mike and he can give you some recommendations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter