Hilton Head lovers....

Anyone who complains about HHI beach crowdng should check out Daytona Beach. Those beaches are mobbed (people wise) and very pinched in (space wise). We stayed at the DB Hilton on the beach and there is a retaining wall which gives you about 25-30 yards of beach... :sad1:

I know I'm not the person you posted this question to, however I'll tell you our experience. We were there first week in August and did not have difficulty at all traveling around HHI. We did not find it congested. Maybe because we are used to DE beaches to Ocean City, MD being JAMMED, we found HHI traffic quite manageable. Also HHI beach is very wide and there was room for LOTS of people! But each group was not on top of each other at all, lots of room to spread out!! There sand is also very compacted and not burning hot like DE and MD beaches. The kids didn't even want to wear their water shoes because the sand was cool and easy to walk on.

Just wanted everyone to know we are having a great time on our first trip to HH. We are in building 13 and like the location. Just found out tonight that we have internet conection in the master bedroom. We have participated in some of the activities here and they are great. THere is more activities for kids under 12. I think it is now time to go sit in the hot tub.

Do all master bedrooms have an Internet connection or just certain buildings?

There was a Shrimp Boil last Tues. It was nice but it was VERY chilly and windy so that kind of ruined the atmosphere a little. Kids were desperate to go in the pool but they settled for playing in the sand on the beach.

For the last several summers, Tuesday's have been Star Spangled Tuesday - the resort does an option BBQ type dinner and then there are fireworks over the marsh. Unless something has changed and they are no longer, in the summer months, the shrimp boil has been at the Beach House on Thursday nights.

Do all master bedrooms have an Internet connection or just certain buildings?

I thought we had a connection because we were close to the lodge but my husband said we were not getting the connection from Disney. It must have been from somewhere else and the signal was not strong.

For the last several summers, Tuesday's have been Star Spangled Tuesday - the resort does an option BBQ type dinner and then there are fireworks over the marsh. Unless something has changed and they are no longer, in the summer months, the shrimp boil has been at the Beach House on Thursday nights.

This was my first thought too. I hope for summer the night is changed as I want to be at the resort after the BBQ to see the fireworks set off by Shelter Cove. Also the pool party at the resort was that night. Maybe it changes in summer season. Do they even have the Star Spangled feast anyday of the week now?

This was my first thought too. I hope for summer the night is changed as I want to be at the resort after the BBQ to see the fireworks set off by Shelter Cove. Also the pool party at the resort was that night. Maybe it changes in summer season. Do they even have the Star Spangled feast anyday of the week now?
I was just there this weekend and have the activity sheets for last week and this week. There is nothing mentioned about a Star Spangled feast, and as I said above, Tuesdays is the night that they do the Lowcountry Boil. I would guess that the Star Spangled feast is a summertime thing in conjunction with the celebrations before and after July 4th (maybe expanded to cover the time a few weeks before and after).

Could you tell me what food, besides shrimp, they serve for the Low country boil?

I was just there this weekend and have the activity sheets for last week and this week. There is nothing mentioned about a Star Spangled feast, and as I said above, Tuesdays is the night that they do the Lowcountry Boil. I would guess that the Star Spangled feast is a summertime thing in conjunction with the celebrations before and after July 4th (maybe expanded to cover the time a few weeks before and after).

Thanks for the info that they do not even do the Star Spangled Feast during non-summer months. Shelter Cove sets off fireworks all summer long on Tues. night so I guess Disney just does the Star Spangled BBQ and pool party. So I guess no pool party either in off-summer months. I was debating a non-summer trip for spring break next year, but since the pool party is my DD's most favorite thing I think I'll just stick to summer in HHI. Thanks. :)

Could you tell me what food, besides shrimp, they serve for the Low country boil?
Don't have the sheet with me today but I can check it when I get home. I do remember a number of other items besides the shrimp boil. Seems like there was some type of pork (a pork roast maybe), and I know they had items like mac and cheese (I'm guessing so the younger kids have a delicacy...lol). One desert was cheesecake and they had tea (sweet and unsweet) and lemonade to drink (with a mention that alcholic bevs were available at the bar).

Don't remember a pool party on the sheets I had, but there is a lot more to do on Tuesdays (kids and teens nights out) and Wednesdays (member day). We won't be there early in the week so didn't focus on those days so maybe I missed it. I know there is a teen capture the flag that my DS15 is interested in and it is on either Thurs or Fri so he wants to be there to do that one. There is another kids night out Thurs or Fri also, but not for teens. Maybe the schedule will be different when we go back since the ones we have end later this week. Will give updates after the next visit.

The "boil" consists of shrimp, smoked sausage, red potatoes and corn-on-the-cob. They also had apple-cider marinated pork tenderlin, hushpuppies, fish, cornbread, gumbo, rice, green beans, caesar salad, mac-n-cheese, chicken tenders and for dessert cheese cake and peach cobbler. They had bing cherry sauce for the cheese cake. There was lemonade, sweet and unsweetened tea. Alcoholic drinks are available at Surfman's Sand Bar.

Also, they did a pool party on Easter Sunday and I overheard a CM telling someone that they were "warming" up for the summer.

I thought we had a connection because we were close to the lodge but my husband said we were not getting the connection from Disney. It must have been from somewhere else and the signal was not strong.

We stayed in building 13 last year and were able to get someone's signal out on our deck. I think it was coming from the condo complex across the way, kind of behind the mall (Newport). When we couldn't get that signal, I just took my computer up to Big Murggie's and sat out on the deck there.

aaaaaaahhhhhh.....

We stayed in building 13 last year and were able to get someone's signal out on our deck. I think it was coming from the condo complex across the way, kind of behind the mall (Newport). When we couldn't get that signal, I just took my computer up to Big Murggie's and sat out on the deck there.

aaaaaaahhhhhh.....
We were in building 19 and I actually got two wireless signals. One of them had the name marina associated with it. One of them was weak and only had two of 5 bars (I think the marina one) and one of them was pretty strong with 4 of 5 bars showing (I think that was the unnamed one). I tried connecting to the stronger one and did, but when I tried to reach the internet the internal test failed. I didn't try resolving the problem and just used the connect to the data port on the phone since we have dial-up at home anyway. No need to get spoiled so easily.

We will be there next weeek for Spring Break. Any suggestions for good seafood? We were there for a quick weekend in Septamber last year and ate @ Hudson's. It was good but pricey. Not sure if we were paying for the popularity and wondering if it was nesssisarilly the best option.

Also, my wife gets clausterphobic easilly, so the size and crowds of the Sea Shack wouldn't be a good fit. :goodvibes

We will be there next weeek for Spring Break. Any suggestions for good seafood? We were there for a quick weekend in Septamber last year and ate @ Hudson's. It was good but pricey. Not sure if we were paying for the popularity and wondering if it was nesssisarilly the best option.

Also, my wife gets clausterphobic easilly, so the size and crowds of the Sea Shack wouldn't be a good fit. :goodvibes
We used to like Captain's Seafood. The last time we went, at their new location on Pope Avenue area, the resturaunt was practically empty.

So, what exactly is on the menu at the LCB for adults and kids?

Is this offered all year?

Any reviews?

So, what exactly is on the menu at the LCB for adults and kids?

Is this offered all year?

Any reviews?

The "boil" consists of shrimp, smoked sausage, red potatoes and corn-on-the-cob. They also had apple-cider marinated pork tenderlin, hushpuppies, fish, cornbread, gumbo, rice, green beans, caesar salad, mac-n-cheese, chicken tenders and for dessert cheese cake and peach cobbler. They had bing cherry sauce for the cheese cake. There was lemonade, sweet and unsweetened tea. Alcoholic drinks are available at Surfman's Sand Bar.

It was very chilly the day we went so I think that impacted our feelings. Most people I think ate and left, there wasn't a party atmosphere but again I think that was because it was cold and windy. The buffet line moved fairly slowly, hopefully if it was crowded they'd have 2 lines. The food was ok, the "boil" was good as was the peach cobbler. I think the highlight for the kids was playing in the sand on the beach and flying a kite.

I'm glad we tried it but not sure we'd do it again. Maybe if it was warm and sunny.

I don't think it is offered all year. The week before we went I had HHI fax me a copy of the activity sheet to get an idea of what would be available and there was no LCB that week. We were there the week after Easter and the resort was fully booked so that is probably why they added it.

Vero has an umbrella/chair swap.

Has there ever been a bike swap at HHI? I've never been so I have no idea if the storage would be an issue.

What do you think?

Hi all,

Trying to plan my first trip to HHI and I was wondering do you need to bring bike locks with you if you rent bikes or do they come with locks or do you not need them. :confused3 :confused3

They will give you locks and the combinations to the locks. We usually use them, especially if we go off property. Have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter