Hilton Head pool hop on checkout day?

discorsner

DIS Veteran
Dumb question- can members pool hop to Hilton Head on check out day?

Example: Checking out very early the day we leave and heading for a drive home. We are going to be going right by Hilton Head. Could we pool hop there and spend a couple hours on pool/beach as we are dvc members and will be just coming off of a checkout at a dvc resort on points?

Anyone done this? :confused3

The hhi resort property itself has a key card gate for entry. I have never noticed a keycard needed for entry to any pool entrance. You will need to buzz the front desk to be given entry to the resort property if you are driving.

Otherwise you could park at shelter cove and walk in, but it would be a good amount of walking to reach the pool.

The hhi resort property itself has a key card gate for entry. I have never noticed a keycard needed for entry to any pool entrance. You will need to buzz the front desk to be given entry to the resort property if you are driving.

Otherwise you could park at shelter cove and walk in, but it would be a good amount of walking to reach the pool.
I hope you're not suggesting they crash the pool.

As a rule HH is pretty tight on this area, I've even known of them refusing access to people just wanting to look around the resort and not use the pool. The proper thing to do is ask but the answer is very likely to be no.

I believe the answer is no. In addition, it is not a convenient place to stop on the way home. It is about 30 minutes in once you get on the island. And while the resort pool is nice I don't think it is worth the additional driving. You would be able to park at the beach (if there were any open spots in the small lot)as it is not gated, but would not be able to have access to the pool house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter