Hilton Head Questions

VeroBeachGirl

DIS Veteran
Hi,
We're staying in a two bedroom villa at Hilton Head during the upcoming week. I have some questions for the experts:

1. Are all of the villas renovated?
2. Is there a specific building we should request?
3. Does anyone know if the resort offers traditional baby cribs or pack and plays?
Thanks!

We are going to HHI next month and unfortunately I do not have answers to all your questions. I do know that all the villas are not renovated yet. As far as room requests, there are probably 2 things for you to consider. Besides your baby do you have other children? If that is the case I would recommend close to the pool, so it is easy to look out at pool from balcony while the baby is taking a nap and convenient to shuffle little ones back and forth to the pool. It can be a bit of a walk from some villas to the pool. Personally, we have older children and like the marsh view instead of the pool view because the kids can go to the pool by themselves. Room requests are such a personal preference. I haven't been to HHI with a baby so I am not sure about the last question, but if I remember correctly there was a pack n play in the laundry room.

The only question I can answer is #2. With a baby, I personally would request top floor and far from pool. I've always had top floor so I can't verify this personally, but I've heard on the DIS that it can get noisy if people are above you. I can tell you personally that the pool area can get very noisy. If the baby takes afternoon naps, you would probably want some peace and quiet.

Hi,
We're staying in a two bedroom villa at Hilton Head during the upcoming week. I have some questions for the experts:

1. Are all of the villas renovated?
2. Is there a specific building we should request?
3. Does anyone know if the resort offers traditional baby cribs or pack and plays?
Thanks!

Just got back from HHI last weekend, so I can try to help..........
I am no expert on HH, but hopefully, will be soon (just purchased 420 HH points !)

No, all the villas are not yet renovated. We had building #15 , and it WAS refurbed , also looked like 14 was as well . A lot of the Villas (while gazing through the windows :sad2:) looked like they had the old style window treatments. So I don't think that even 50% are renovated yet.
At least 3 buildings were closed last weekend when we were there ............ 16, 18 and 24. So they should be refurbed very soon.

I would request a "marsh view" and second floor. buildings 14 and 15 are great because the 2nd bedrooms also have a balcony that I didn't see in other buildings. They have a great view of the marsh, and the little boardwalk is right in front because the marsh comes right up to the buildings (14 and 15) Lots of birds to watch.
Its just us ..............but I would never want a pool view villa. I would even go so far as to request NOT a pool view. It gets really loud and busy by the pool and the balconies are right there very close to the pool. At the top of the slide ..........one balcony is like 10' away ! :headache: That's just us, and a lot of people like to be in the center of the action so .........each to there own !
BTW, building 31 is haunted ...........that's the rumor anyway ! :scared1:

We did have a pack and play crib in the master bathroom closet (if I remember) .

Have a great time .............its an AWESOME resort !
(I really think it is "Disney's best kept secret" ) !

We've never stayed in a 2 BR at HHI, but if we were going to, I'd request building 31. The views from there are awesome (I've visited there) and people have reported seeing dolphins from there. As far as the P&P, we get a 1 BR, and there's always one in there, so I assume there'd be one in the 2 BR also.

We've never stayed in a 2 BR at HHI, but if we were going to, I'd request building 31. The views from there are awesome (I've visited there) and people have reported seeing dolphins from there. As far as the P&P, we get a 1 BR, and there's always one in there, so I assume there'd be one in the 2 BR also.

Love those chairs by the kayak ramp, just outside of building 31. Its a great spot to watch the sun go away :lovestruc

Just got back from HHI last weekend, so I can try to help..........
I am no expert on HH, but hopefully, will be soon (just purchased 420 HH points !)

No, all the villas are not yet renovated. We had building #15 , and it WAS refurbed , also looked like 14 was as well . A lot of the Villas (while gazing through the windows :sad2:) looked like they had the old style window treatments. So I don't think that even 50% are renovated yet.
At least 3 buildings were closed last weekend when we were there ............ 16, 18 and 24. So they should be refurbed very soon.

I would request a "marsh view" and second floor. buildings 14 and 15 are great because the 2nd bedrooms also have a balcony that I didn't see in other buildings. They have a great view of the marsh, and the little boardwalk is right in front because the marsh comes right up to the buildings (14 and 15) Lots of birds to watch.
Its just us ..............but I would never want a pool view villa. I would even go so far as to request NOT a pool view. It gets really loud and busy by the pool and the balconies are right there very close to the pool. At the top of the slide ..........one balcony is like 10' away ! :headache: That's just us, and a lot of people like to be in the center of the action so .........each to there own !
BTW, building 31 is haunted ...........that's the rumor anyway ! :scared1:

We did have a pack and play crib in the master bathroom closet (if I remember) .

Have a great time .............its an AWESOME resort !
(I really think it is "Disney's best kept secret" ) !

That's exactly why I recommended requesting far from pool. That was my last request, and we got building 31. I was so excited to have the "haunted" building. I never saw or heard anything weird, but my DS who was 16 at the time did. He was in the second bedroom and woke up in the middle of the night to see a small blue face staring into his bedroom from the foyer. He had stayed up most of the night fishing at the pier, so he was so tired, he fell right back to sleep. He never said anything about it until the next day when I was telling him about the Blue Lady who haunts the Hilton Head lighthouse. Then he was a little freaked out! But I will tell you I LOVED this building. It was so removed from all the action but had a great view of the pier, so we could see our DSs from our balcony. It has a wonderful marsh view. I don't know how effective it is to request a certain building. But I agree with the PP who said to request a marsh view. I would recommend "top floor, away from pool, marsh view." Of course, remember that it's just a request, not a guarantee.

We got back last night from HH with an 18 month old toddler. We were in villa 15 with a marsh view, top floor. Very quiet and great views.
The unit, 2 BR, had a pack n play- and a high chair.
I would not want a pool view and requested marsh, no pool.
As PP said, villa 15 is renovated but many are not. We saw a few get new furniture moved in and work is going on 7 days a week, long days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter