Hilton Head vs. WDW Properties

thunderjones

Earning My Ears
My family and I are headed to HH this fall thanks to an RCI exchange. We're also kicking around the idea of buying a DVC in WDW since we've gone for the past two years.

Is thereafter DVC office on site where we can think about buying direct at HH? Will HH give us a feel for what it's like to have a WDW DVC ownership stake or is it completely different?

Thanks!

My family and I are headed to HH this fall thanks to an RCI exchange. We're also kicking around the idea of buying a DVC in WDW since we've gone for the past two years.

Is thereafter DVC office on site where we can think about buying direct at HH? Will HH give us a feel for what it's like to have a WDW DVC ownership stake or is it completely different?

Thanks!

HH no longer has a sales office or sales staff at the resort. You might check at the front desk just to see if they have any current sales information there though.

HH will offer a view of the resort side of the DVC timeshare family - with a great recreational staff and activities for all ages. The biggest difference between HH and the WDW DVC resorts is the lack of any nearby Theme Park to occupy your day - but the HH resort has more to offer in terms of activity programs right at the resort than the WDW resorts. VB also has an active rec program.

Physically, each DVC resort is very different just due to layout and theming. At WDW OKW and SSR are condo-style resorts with exterior entrances to all villas. BWV, VWL, BCV, AKV and BLT at WDW are all hotel style resorts with interior hallways and room service options. HH and VB are more like OKW and SSR in that design although VB does have Inn rooms with interior style access to those rooms.

OKW, SSR and HH do not offer room service and HH does not even have a table service restaurant on-site (although there are seven restaurants within view and walking distance of the resort).

I would suggest taking the DVC tour at the SSR sales center before purchasing, as there are some variances with the timeshare function itself compared to other timeshare resort systems. The tour offers tours of models of some of the villas, you can see a model villa at BWV (although there is no tour there) and can request to see a villa at the front desk at any of the other resorts. While at HH you can also ask if you can view a GV (I'm guessing you already have a 2BR which is similar to the combination of a 1BR and Studio).

Enjoy your stay at HH. :)

You will also want to watch the maintenance fees for HHI vs WDW. They may be compatible, but, you want to compare and contrast them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter