Hilton Head - would you switch resorts and stay here?

JennaDeeDooDah

My oh my what a wonderful day!
My husband has a convention in Hilton Head this July. My four-year-old daughter and I are planning to join him and we thought we would make a week out if it. His company is going to put us up at the Marriot which is right on the beach. The convention is on Tuesday and Wednesday, so his company is paying for Monday night through Wednesday night. We would end up paying for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Now, the convention rate is $119 a night, but once the convention is over, we will be paying much higher, like $300+ a night. It looks like we can get a room at Disney's Hilton Head for those nights for around the same price. Would you switch? What are some of the great things about the resort? We've never stayed at any of the DVC properties before, but have stayed at most of the WDW hotels so we know the kind of hospitality and such that Disney is known for. Is it the same at the DVC properties, especially Hilton Head? Would it be worth it to our daughter to switch or would she not really notice the Disney difference? I know very little about the property.

My husband has a convention in Hilton Head this July. My four-year-old daughter and I are planning to join him and we thought we would make a week out if it. His company is going to put us up at the Marriot which is right on the beach. The convention is on Tuesday and Wednesday, so his company is paying for Monday night through Wednesday night. We would end up paying for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Now, the convention rate is $119 a night, but once the convention is over, we will be paying much higher, like $300+ a night. It looks like we can get a room at Disney's Hilton Head for those nights for around the same price. Would you switch? What are some of the great things about the resort? We've never stayed at any of the DVC properties before, but have stayed at most of the WDW hotels so we know the kind of hospitality and such that Disney is known for. Is it the same at the DVC properties, especially Hilton Head? Would it be worth it to our daughter to switch or would she not really notice the Disney difference? I know very little about the property.
Which Marriott Resort?

All of them are in a better location than Disney's property. If it's the Marriott Grande Ocean, I would definitely stay there.

UOTE=JennaDeeDooDah;51272269]It's the Hilton Head Marriott Resort and Spa.[/QUOTE]

Although I really enjoy Disney's HHI resort I don't think I'd switch resorts. That would be a big hassle. The Marriott you are staying at is on the same beach as Disney's beach house, in fact its practically next door to it. But the villas for Disney are on the marsh side of that area.

UOTE=JennaDeeDooDah;51272269]It's the Hilton Head Marriott Resort and Spa.

Although I really enjoy Disney's HHI resort I don't think I'd switch resorts. That would be a big hassle. The Marriott you are staying at is on the same beach as Disney's beach house, in fact its practically next door to it. But the villas for Disney are on the marsh side of that area.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter