Hire Car and AAA membership

glenbois

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I'm from the UK and will be hiring a car.

In the UK you expect membership of the equivalent to the AAA when you rent.

My questions - is it the same in the USA ?
if so which companies has AAA cover
and if there is AAA membership/cover can discounts be obtained via this?

Thanks

Geoff

Hi. UK
Here in the colonies,Our car insuranses are different state by state, AAA is a
membership we purchase seperate from our car insurance, But with most of
our credit cards you can have car rental insurance if you use their credit card
and carry a valid auto insurance it's sorta a rider. My car insurance is with
AAA so I am covered both ways, Check with your credit card company and
see if they offer a rider for rental insurance, If not your auto company might
have an affiliate here in the usa that they use, When we go to Europe
we have to purchase a rental policy for which ever country we are in. Also check
with the car rental's that you are going to use for a policy, But be aware it
might be a bit costley. I never heard of a cheap policy from the rental company's,
but who knows I may be wrong...Good Luck

Thanks for your reply,

The question I have is that I have seen discounts for disney, lodgings etc if you are AAA member. What I wanted to know was whether car hile confers AAA membership or not and if so could you use this membership to receive discounts on tickets etc...

Thanks

Geoff

Hi, I miss understood your question, No they do not offer AAA with their cars
but you can purchase a road side service if that is what you need,Remember if
you break down the towing costs are born by you, that being said if you are
just looking for discounts the cost to join AAA and not use it other wise is not
condusive, the basic cost is over 100.00 dollars american,but if you just want some
discounts for Orlando alone you might try for the Orlando card, it is used through out
Orlando but not in Disney For Disney you would need the Disney Card, then you will
recieve discounts at the hotels and some of the parks, But be aware... it is a good card
but there are limitations on it. For hotel discounts you have to go a certain times to
get the best rates, and then you you have to call repeatily for the best rack rates.Then
there is the disney Credit card, which you also can get from Disney.com there is no cost
for this card, it is a credit card. the Disney Card is and please do not quote me
29.95 for first time and 35.00 there after, Now if you have AAA in england they
probably accept it here that you would have to check with you AAA office there. What I
would do if you are going through a travel agent see what discounts you can get from
them and if you are fortunate enough to have a AAA travel agent there go on line
and see what they have to offer. But if you are comming in the next few weeks you
will be in trouble it takes like 5 to 6 weeks for the Disney Card to arrive. and 6 to 8 week
for the disney Credit card to come. I have had mine for 3 years and did not find that
I saved enough to use it in disney. But that is me.. I'm giving you the AAA site so you
look up the rates for Florida..http://www.aaasouth.com/home.asp... But mine is
AAAmid-atlantic.com....I wish you good luck p.s. you can pick up the Orlando Card at the
Orlando Center at www.orlandoflorida.com...I really hope you can get a AAA in england
But in the mean time try to contact disney and see what you can get, They have a good
site and if you need answers they will call you back sometimes,I say that because they
not always do so and I get fustrated and phone them myself, But the cost for you to do
that would be astronomical and defeat any saving you might recieve...

If you belong to an auto club in the UK (I understand there is more than one), check with them to see if they have a reciprocal arrangement with our AAA. IF they do, you'll get the same benefits at AAA clubs as American or Canadian members do.

Now, I don't know if Disney or hotels directly will give you the same discount or not. We have bought our Disney and Universal admissions at AAA branch that the (off) airport Hertz rental office getting the discount. This appeared to only be feasible for Hertz renters only, but you could go any Orlando branch offices.

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter