Hiring a contractor for wheelchair ramp?

Linda Bell

Goofy1
Anyone have any advice to share on hiring a wheelchair ramp contractor?

This will be a major $$ project and I don't even have a clue on what I should be looking for other than the incline and ability to get around the corners.

Help...

Linda

Linda- first of all, if you are working, Vocational Rehab will pay for the ramp. Otherwise I'd check in your area for an ADA contractor- one who does accessible home renovations. They would be the ones who would know best how to build the ramp for you and the types of materials, the configuration, etc. ---Kathy

Linda- first of all, if you are working, Vocational Rehab will pay for the ramp. Otherwise I'd check in your area for an ADA contractor- one who does accessible home renovations. They would be the ones who would know best how to build the ramp for you and the types of materials, the configuration, etc. ---Kathy

Thanks. It's for my daughter. Medicaid will cover $1400. They will have to take out my rockery to get to the front door. I got a list of ADA contractors today. Unfortunately there is only 2 in my area and I have to get 2 bids. This should be interesting.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter