HO-HO-HO..We`ll put the RUM in Pa-Rum-Pum-Pum-Pum! 16 holiday nights at SF & RPR. A Nov/Dec 2023 Trip Report

I love Carol Burnett. She is the first person who made me laugh so hard I rolled on the floor. I used to stay up late with permission from my mom and watch reruns of her show late on the weekend.

Also the best part of the "Gone with the Wind" sketch. "I saw it in the window and couldn't resist it." She also comes across as a performer who appreciates those around her. Her audio books are a hoot. She's had tragedies in her life but she remains a positive person. Sorry couldn't resist chiming in.

There's some great YouTube clips of her when she would see somebody she knew in the audience. There's one where someone states they knew a former boyfriend of her and says hello. Hysterical. If you can also find her guest starring on The Muppet Show. That's a lot of fun.

As you can see I am very fond of Carol Burnett

There were some clips of her recognising and acknowledging people she knew in the audience or crowd in a few clips I watched and it was very genuine and felt quite warm for her to do that.

And yes, I did see her with The Muppets, you know you`re a star if you appear with them....lol......

I can see why she is so incredibly popular, but not a huge name over here even today and please don`t apologise for chiming in, it`s always good to hear folks opinions on stuff we chat about :)

110% hitting the nail on the head!

It`s so true.

We speak to so many people who just rush from one ride to another and some then say there`s nothing apart from rides at Universal......I beg to differ with folks that think that, both parks and hotels have so much more to offer and we love it!!!

I don`t think I could rush if you paid me in the parks!!

I can't believe we are coming to the end of your Universal trip! We actually arrived Sunday December 3rd to Disney to celebrate our anniversary! I have a feeling we will cross paths at some point!

I get you not wanting to be late. I cannot stand to be late and it is a pet peeve. Someone once told me that the person who is late assumes their time is much more important than yours.

Wow in some of your photos the parks do look empty!

Florida is tricky that in the winter we can have a 10/50 degree day and the next day it is 25/80. Fortunately here in South Florida we rarely have to use our heat!

I have always been a big fan of Margaritaville! It is so much fun!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such detailed, wonderful trip reports! You and Tom should have your own travel show!

I wished we had managed to say hello, but timing is everything and annoying when it`s only by a few hours. I remember many years ago we missed macraven by about 2 hours which was frustrating!! But, hope you had a wonderful anniversary with plenty of celebrating!

It`s true most of the time, I agree, if someone had a good reason, we`re ok with that but I have a family member who shall remain nameless.......who is always late!! Incredibly late! Frustrates us all, but I won`t indulge them and will call them out, doesn`t make me popular but I really don`t care as I won`t be late unless something extreme happens.

There were some really empty areas of the park during our trip, it`s nice but I prefer a few more folks around, much better atmosphere.....exception are lines of course, even with EP I still prefer less people there!

The weather was incredible most of the time this trip, but yes it can vary so much although I wish you would share some of your heat with us over here sometimes.....lol.....right now it is just so cold, wet and miserable!!! That`s the UK for you though and one of the reasons Great Britain is so darn green!!!

Thank you so much, I appreciate your lovely comments so much, I`m so glad you enjoyed reading along, it`s always nice to see you post!!

Your last day is off to a crazy start with all the misses, but you finally got to meet up! What a lovely wander through the Seuss area. I was shaking my head that people were waiting 6+ hours to meet the Grinch. He is awesome, but I’d much rather do the holiday tour and meet him without that wait ☺️

Tom is a wonderful husband and treats you like the queen you are — and I dare say you take incredible care of him, too. 🥰

I hope the new things in the Lost Continent give us something to really enjoy!

I think when they finally announce what will replace Poseidon, it will be something incredibly popular!!! That is too impressive a building to get something lacklustre in it`s place.

lol....it was a little crazy trying to find each other, but we got there in the end! The Grinch is an incredible character, but no, I wouldn`t wait any amount of hours for a few minutes with him or any other character to be honest!! I was amazed how long the line was some days, some folks must not have been able to do much else during the day!!

Thank you, that is so sweet of you to say! He is incredible I will admit.....lol......and yes, like any partnership, it`s a two way street, but I admit he is probably better at the romance and sweet stuff than I am and never says no to me for anything I ask. I might be slightly different.....but when your husband mentions wanting to buy something silly like a Dr Who Tardis to sit half way up the driveway......you have to say no....... :rotfl:

I`m so glad you`re still along for the ride, I know how busy you`ve been recently!!!

Just caught up on all of your latest adventures, and fun in Orlando! Your trip reports are just so, so wonderful. Thank you so much for taking the time to write, add the wonderful photos, all of the details, and just for sharing all of your fun!
We have a cousin who lived in Mt Dora for years, and loved it there. I've never been, but maybe on our October trip, I'll make the drive.
It's so wonderful that y'all take the time to really talk to and get to really know so many people when y'all visit. That's inspiring.
Glad y'all had such a fabulous time. Christmas is such a magical time at Universal. Thanks again for the TR!

Oh you have to do your research! She is one of the best-a giant in comedy!

I have watched several shows with her last few days, she is funny, a little dated now but still funny, certainly funnier than some comedians we have today!!

If it makes you feel any better-i never noticed the balloon in the store ether :rotfl2:

It does!!! I did think I was the only one who hadn`t noticed it before, despite visiting many times previously!!

Just caught up on all of your latest adventures, and fun in Orlando! Your trip reports are just so, so wonderful. Thank you so much for taking the time to write, add the wonderful photos, all of the details, and just for sharing all of your fun!
We have a cousin who lived in Mt Dora for years, and loved it there. I've never been, but maybe on our October trip, I'll make the drive.
It's so wonderful that y'all take the time to really talk to and get to really know so many people when y'all visit. That's inspiring.
Glad y'all had such a fabulous time. Christmas is such a magical time at Universal. Thanks again for the TR!

Thank you so much!!

Mt Dora is one of the nicest visits of all the places we go see. You should go, it`s not too far away but feels like another world and almost like a blast to the past, so very quaint and tranquil, very different from the noise and buzz of the parks.

We love nice people and always enjoy yakking away to people, most are always very interesting and I do believe most people are generally the same and enjoy passing the time whether it be for a few minutes or making a deeper friendship with others. We are very lucky to have met and got to know some absolutely wonderful people over the years and many are still very good friends.

Yes, Christmas is a magical time to visit....and thank you once again for such lovely comments, it`s always nice to read and appreciate it. Got a few more posts to go, but not too many!!

in, it`s always good to hear folks opinions on stuff we chat about :)
We do tend to take ur TR off topic at times :rolleyes1

Take it as a compliment that we all
Are having such a lovely time
think when they finally announce what will replace Poseidon, it will be something incredibly popular!!! That is too impressive a building to get something lacklustre in it`s place.
Oh, I really hope so! Still, get a sad twinge every time we pass it by

We do tend to take ur TR off topic at times :rolleyes1

Take it as a compliment that we all
Are having such a lovely time

Oh, I really hope so! Still, get a sad twinge every time we pass it by

I do like an off topic conversation! That’s the best types of conversation, free flowing and varied, so yep, always enjoy that and yes, I’ll take it as a compliment, we have some lovely posters on here and all of their comments are always nice.

My appreciation of Poseidon was a little late in coming, now I wish we’d listened and enjoyed it more often!

Our next stop was Velocicoaster and we cut through so we could see the vehicles up close as they passed us on the bridge, this is our favourite way of walking into the ride, you can go in the other way but you don`t get to see this part if you do.

You are extremely close to the riders, so much so you can see the white of their eyes as they are usually wide with either terror or excitement and hear the terror in some of their screams too!!

i-rZdGBH4-X2.jpg

On our May trip, I managed to capture Tom and Kyle at this spot and it is one of my favourite pictures of them as you can really see how much they are loving this ride, I`m so glad Kyle got to experience it after hearing us ramble on about it for so long!

i-FBRZVwL-X2.jpg

i-9G3XzpX-X2.jpg

Again, I have this nervous excitement before I go on this ride, it happens every time and I think every moment that passes Tom expects me to say nope, not going on this time! It is a terrifying ride but good terrifying and so much fun, but part of me always wants to run and hide, but as soon as it sets off it is amazing.

The EP line is not bad at all today and we get on after maybe 10 minutes and I think most of that is the locker area.....honestly, that system should be so easy.....we did hear someone say one time to the TM it was confusing as to where she would pick up her items after she been on the ride..lol...the TM said yeah you`re right, it is so complicated.... :rotfl:

i-Xx32wzp-S.gif

This ride is incredible!!!! We have never been on a coaster as exhilerating as this one before, so it wins hands down for us as the best!!! I am aware we have never ridden many of the big well known coasters in the USA including the ones at SeaWorld which look so good too, but for our limited experience, this one wins everything!!!

The take off is exceptional and then the turns and twist as you are propelled around while being pushed out of your seat, then that massive thrust of speed before you go over the top hat is absolutely terrifying and breathtakingly fabulous at the same time, there`s nothing quite like it and it is as smooth as smooth can be!!

We were on the back row for this time and we have decided while the front row can`t be beaten for views, the back is unbeatable for airtime.....your backside is barely in the seat with this one, but you always feel safe with the harness.

I like this harness, it is holding you in, but less noticeably than the traditional over the shoulder and neck ones that can make you feel like your head is going through a dryer at times, this one doesn`t do that, but feels so secure. Although when the ride is over you do feel you have been on an incredible coaster for sure!!

We debated going on again but we wanted to try and do Hagrid`s again one last time although we doubted that would happen with the lines, but you just never know what kind of Mummy dust might come your way when you least expect it :rolleyes1

We decided not to go any further in the park if we wanted to try Hagrids, so we passed by The Watering Hole which had just opened and we were good and didn`t partake in anything, Tom was driving later so it would have been just me having a drink which isn`t as much fun anyway. But their cocktails are very good from there!!

i-cDknq2f-X2.jpg

We always have some pictures of the nicest castle in Orlando....IMO of course......😁

To be honest we always take some of us in front of the castle, but it was blazing hot, ridiculously humid for this time of year so we looked like we had been grilled and the old hair looked like Monica`s with the humidity at this point! So here is the castle on it`s own....much better!

i-LqJNZkr-X2.jpg

Hogsmeade looked really, really busy this morning, but it is always very special to walk in through whichever side you choose to enter by.

i-zxmgVKT-X2.jpg

i-LCDbPp5-X2.jpg

We pop into the bathrooms where if you listen you will hear Moaning Myrtle groaning her way through the day, it is very clear, you can`t really miss it and everyone loves to hear it and we have heard people being shushed by others so they can hear it, that was hilarious!!! One woman was very offended being shushed by a younger woman and her face was an absolute picture as it was evident she had no clue about Myrtle and the fact you could listen and hear her.....lol......

The Three Broomsticks is very popular, they offer breakfast up till a certain time then it switches to the everyday menu We are not fans of either and although we have eaten in both Potter food options, they`re not somewhere we would eat again, there`s nothing British about the food at all....no one would eat salad with a Cornish Pasty and those are wedges not chips!!! No authenticity at all, so we pass on it.

I will say the fish was nice enough and the chicken was well cooked but it was more American than anything.

However, it is an incredible building and you should wander around it even if you don`t plan to eat in there, both places are worth a wander around.

i-8Nq7xHd-X2.jpg

i-Fd2mGdT-X2.jpg

The day was catching up with us now, and we looked and saw the line for Hagrid`s was about 9 weeks long, so we abandoned any thoughts of even getting close with our time constraints, I said, oh lets go and we`ll catch it next time.

A TM caught our eye and I smiled and asked how his day was going and he looked a little surprised, but we chatted for a time hoping we weren`t keeping him but he said it was fine, he asked if if we had been on Hagrids and we said yes, but not often this trip we said we would be leaving soon and hadn`t managed to get on Hagrid`s today which we were sad about even though we had ridden it many times and would do again......he looked at us and said but you do have some time, we said well not really the line I think was about 100 minutes, he said come with me you`ll be riding it today!!

1709564856650.gif

I almost cried at this point!!! Well it is an emotional day at the best of times, but this was so unexpected!! We followed him and leaving out all the this and that, we got on the ride and front row too which I had never done, Tom and Kyle had the front row one time, but I absolutely loved it as did Tom!! I went on the bike and Tom took the sidecar, he prefers the bike too, but wanted me to have it today, he`s such a gent!!

This is a special ride too, it has some extraordinary elements to it which I won`t spoil in case you haven`t been on it yet, but it also feels like you are on it for a decent amount of time which is amazing, there are times you are surprised and times you feel as though you are flying and the story line is simple, but it works, amazing ride!!

And I almost cried again when it was over!!

This had been so special and such a surprise. I know you can and many folks have had some lovely surprises in the parks, being chosen or allowed to do something special is amazing and for us today, we couldn`t thank them enough!!

1709565267647.gif

We would make sure to pass along thanks to the powers that be for such a special treat!!

When we came off he was still there with his colleague and we thanked that very special person who had made our day for us with giving us the equivalent of the Ruby Pass, but extra special because it was so unexpected and spontaneous. We couldn`t stop thanking him before we said thank you once again and headed off.

More coming up.....🥰

Our next stop was Velocicoaster and we cut through so we could see the vehicles up close as they passed us on the bridge, this is our favourite way of walking into the ride, you can go in the other way but you don`t get to see this part if you do.

You are extremely close to the riders, so much so you can see the white of their eyes as they are usually wide with either terror or excitement and hear the terror in some of their screams too!!

i-rZdGBH4-X2.jpg

On our May trip, I managed to capture Tom and Kyle at this spot and it is one of my favourite pictures of them as you can really see how much they are loving this ride, I`m so glad Kyle got to experience it after hearing us ramble on about it for so long!

i-FBRZVwL-X2.jpg

i-9G3XzpX-X2.jpg

Again, I have this nervous excitement before I go on this ride, it happens every time and I think every moment that passes Tom expects me to say nope, not going on this time! It is a terrifying ride but good terrifying and so much fun, but part of me always wants to run and hide, but as soon as it sets off it is amazing.

The EP line is not bad at all today and we get on after maybe 10 minutes and I think most of that is the locker area.....honestly, that system should be so easy.....we did hear someone say one time to the TM it was confusing as to where she would pick up her items after she been on the ride..lol...the TM said yeah you`re right, it is so complicated.... :rotfl:

i-Xx32wzp-S.gif

This ride is incredible!!!! We have never been on a coaster as exhilerating as this one before, so it wins hands down for us as the best!!! I am aware we have never ridden many of the big well known coasters in the USA including the ones at SeaWorld which look so good too, but for our limited experience, this one wins everything!!!

The take off is exceptional and then the turns and twist as you are propelled around while being pushed out of your seat, then that massive thrust of speed before you go over the top hat is absolutely terrifying and breathtakingly fabulous at the same time, there`s nothing quite like it and it is as smooth as smooth can be!!

We were on the back row for this time and we have decided while the front row can`t be beaten for views, the back is unbeatable for airtime.....your backside is barely in the seat with this one, but you always feel safe with the harness.

I like this harness, it is holding you in, but less noticeably than the traditional over the shoulder and neck ones that can make you feel like your head is going through a dryer at times, this one doesn`t do that, but feels so secure. Although when the ride is over you do feel you have been on an incredible coaster for sure!!

We debated going on again but we wanted to try and do Hagrid`s again one last time although we doubted that would happen with the lines, but you just never know what kind of Mummy dust might come your way when you least expect it :rolleyes1

We decided not to go any further in the park if we wanted to try Hagrids, so we passed by The Watering Hole which had just opened and we were good and didn`t partake in anything, Tom was driving later so it would have been just me having a drink which isn`t as much fun anyway. But their cocktails are very good from there!!

i-cDknq2f-X2.jpg

We always have some pictures of the nicest castle in Orlando....IMO of course......😁

To be honest we always take some of us in front of the castle, but it was blazing hot, ridiculously humid for this time of year so we looked like we had been grilled and the old hair looked like Monica`s with the humidity at this point! So here is the castle on it`s own....much better!

i-LqJNZkr-X2.jpg

Hogsmeade looked really, really busy this morning, but it is always very special to walk in through whichever side you choose to enter by.

i-zxmgVKT-X2.jpg

i-LCDbPp5-X2.jpg

We pop into the bathrooms where if you listen you will hear Moaning Myrtle groaning her way through the day, it is very clear, you can`t really miss it and everyone loves to hear it and we have heard people being shushed by others so they can hear it, that was hilarious!!! One woman was very offended being shushed by a younger woman and her face was an absolute picture as it was evident she had no clue about Myrtle and the fact you could listen and hear her.....lol......

The Three Broomsticks is very popular, they offer breakfast up till a certain time then it switches to the everyday menu We are not fans of either and although we have eaten in both Potter food options, they`re not somewhere we would eat again, there`s nothing British about the food at all....no one would eat salad with a Cornish Pasty and those are wedges not chips!!! No authenticity at all, so we pass on it.

I will say the fish was nice enough and the chicken was well cooked but it was more American than anything.

However, it is an incredible building and you should wander around it even if you don`t plan to eat in there, both places are worth a wander around.

i-8Nq7xHd-X2.jpg

i-Fd2mGdT-X2.jpg

The day was catching up with us now, and we looked and saw the line for Hagrid`s was about 9 weeks long, so we abandoned any thoughts of even getting close with our time constraints, I said, oh lets go and we`ll catch it next time.

A TM caught our eye and I smiled and asked how his day was going and he looked a little surprised, but we chatted for a time hoping we weren`t keeping him but he said it was fine, he asked if if we had been on Hagrids and we said yes, but not often this trip we said we would be leaving soon and hadn`t managed to get on Hagrid`s today which we were sad about even though we had ridden it many times and would do again......he looked at us and said but you do have some time, we said well not really the line I think was about 100 minutes, he said come with me you`ll be riding it today!!

I almost cried at this point!!! Well it is an emotional day at the best of times, but this was so unexpected!! We followed him and leaving out all the this and that, we got on the ride and front row too which I had never done, Tom and Kyle had the front row one time, but I absolutely loved it as did Tom!! I went on the bike and Tom took the sidecar, he prefers the bike too, but wanted me to have it today, he`s such a gent!!

This is a special ride too, it has some extraordinary elements to it which I won`t spoil in case you haven`t been on it yet, but it also feels like you are on it for a decent amount of time which is amazing, there are times you are surprised and times you feel as though you are flying and the story line is simple, but it works, amazing ride!!

And I almost cried again when it was over!!

This had been so special and such a surprise. I know you can and many folks have had some lovely surprises in the parks, being chosen or allowed to do something special is amazing and for us today, we couldn`t thank them enough!!

We would make sure to pass along thanks to the powers that be for such a special treat!!

When we came off he was still there with his colleague and we thanked that very special person who had made our day for us with giving us the equivalent of the Ruby Pass, but extra special because it was so unexpected and spontaneous. We couldn`t stop thanking him before we said thank you once again and headed off.

More coming up.....🥰
What a lovely story …….how lucky you are 😀 It’s amazing how these little surprises can make your holiday even more special. We love Hagrid’s too❤️

Well, now I know where I need to stop the next trip lol
he said come with me you`ll be riding it today!!
Love hearing how guests are surprised with kindness in the parks in the most unexpected ways by the respective employees. Serves as a good counter to those who boldly make it their mission to try to weasel ‘compensation’ from the parks.

What a lovely story …….how lucky you are 😀 It’s amazing how these little surprises can make your holiday even more special. We love Hagrid’s too❤️

Hagrid`s is a phenomenal ride isn`t it!! It really does have it all and yes, we were over the moon to get such a special treat. I know we`re not unique there, but it was extra lovely being it was our last day.

And yes, it was so kind of him and his colleague to do that ☺️

Well, now I know where I need to stop the next trip lol

Love hearing how guests are surprised with kindness in the parks in the most unexpected ways by the respective employees. Serves as a good counter to those who boldly make it their mission to try to weasel ‘compensation’ from the parks.

This is how clear a picture you can capture from there!! I was quite pleased with this one, it helped I heard Tom roar at the top of the Top Hat so I knew they were on that vehicle hurtling towards me.

i-sRzjLz2-X2.jpg

It was lovely and we were over the moon to receive such a gift, completely unexpected which is how it should be.

I agree, we have seen so many over the years look for something for free and seemingly have no shame in being brazen about it. We`ve heard it all I think and some ex TM`s have shared the most appalling stories about things guests demand for whatever reason they can think of. Shameless.

Certainly helped put a huge smile on our faces as we drawled towards leaving time....lol......

This is how clear a picture you can capture from there!! I was quite pleased with this one, it helped I heard Tom roar at the top of the Top Hat so I knew they were on that vehicle hurtling towards me.

i-sRzjLz2-X2.jpg

It was lovely and we were over the moon to receive such a gift, completely unexpected which is how it should be.

I agree, we have seen so many over the years look for something for free and seemingly have no shame in being brazen about it. We`ve heard it all I think and some ex TM`s have shared the most appalling stories about things guests demand for whatever reason they can think of. Shameless.

Certainly helped put a huge smile on our faces as we drawled towards leaving time....lol......
This is an amazing photo….. I hope you have this hanging up in your home. Even the guy in front is smiling at you 😂
Brenda🤗

Hagrid`s is a phenomenal ride isn`t it!! It really does have it all and yes, we were over the moon to get such a special treat. I know we`re not unique there, but it was extra lovely being it was our last day.

And yes, it was so kind of him and his colleague to do that ☺️
We liked Hagrid's too, BUT it seems Robin was worried that I would faint or something, because she kept looking at me all the time. When the ride was done, she said, Yes, I was watching you to see if you were ok! That's so sweet but kind of irritating in a way (nice way) that she thinks I might pass out or something?
She knows that I am a big chicken on some rides, but really I'm not going to pass out, I think??? LOL!
I won't do Velocicoaster and just watching the people on the ride was enough for me. I happily wandered around the discovery center taking pictures and people watching. I am envious that you can ride this ride, even though you had some misgivings before hand,

I agree, we have seen so many over the years look for something for free and seemingly have no shame in being brazen about it
Most are so loud, nearly screaming, drawing attention to themselves. Often you can’t remove yourself from the general area, nothing I want to experience as I find it stressful.

What really gets me is when they have kids in tow, standing there mutely while (usually mommie dearest) is trying to create enough attention to wear down the TM (or CM). Sometimes the kids look visibly distressed, other times seem to be enjoying it. Reminds me of the nature programs where the kids are being taught to hunt
:rolleyes1

I get it, emotions can flare out of control when people have spent so much $, they are hot, tired & things just aren’t going their way. However, I also think more guests should be trespassed for verbally abusing staff…at the very least, given a time out to cool down.

I love reading your report! I finally got caught up!
I can’t tell you how much Andi and I love Strong Waters it is a favorite now for us!!
We had the best meal and drinks there in early February!
We took the convention path that you talk about in your reports. I was telling Andi how you say it reminds you of the hotel in the Shining :rotfl:
We got a little turned around but soon we were in Sapphire!
How amazing to get a front of the line pass on Hagrid’s ride. I really enjoy this ride even for a ride chicken haha 😂
It is always sad on the last day and no matter how long you stay it comes before you know it!
I love all the pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter