HO-HO-HO..We`ll put the RUM in Pa-Rum-Pum-Pum-Pum! 16 holiday nights at SF & RPR. A Nov/Dec 2023 Trip Report

i-mh6c2q7-S.gif

One of our favourite times of year is Christmas. Everything about the whole season fills us with complete joy and we always look forward to the start of that season, although the end of August is a little early even for us, but seems the stores insist on foisting all things Christmas on us earlier and earlier every year.

But, by November we`re than ready to embrace the whole experience and for us this year that means getting our Christmas Trees and decorations up before we leave. We do have housesitters in the form of one of my godsons and his wife who enjoy staying as it is closer to both their jobs, plus their home is practically being rebuilt brick by brick after a few disasters since it was built, and we have someone full time in the house while we`re gone.

Mid November is a perfect time for us to visit as everything is up and running by then and one of very favourite things to do in Universal Studios at night, is the Holiday Parade.

Our last visit for the Holidays was in 2021 made extra special as it was our first trip back after Covid caused us to miss 5 trips to Orlando!! Seems a lifetime ago now, but we were just very excited to get back regardless of the season!!

i-8t6pZDC-X2.jpg

Every evening around dusk, the wonderful Macy`s Parade begins and the floats all appear from the side of the Pantages Theatre and works it`s way around past the Today Cafe, down along past RRR and turns towards the beautiful Christmas Tree in the Central Park area.

It is a stunning parade to see and full of well loved characters from the Universal family of characters as well as dancers bringing the festivities to life every evening.

i-3HsJmr3-X2.jpg

i-XFpHmtW-X2.jpg

i-jS4PHsQ-X2.jpg

i-KG27w7n-X2.jpg

We like to stand beside the Macy`s building with a lovely view of the tree and you get to see the whole parade come towards us in all it`s glory. It`s perfect for seeing the snow fall begin too which just adds something special for me too.

i-4LnxDgz-X2.jpg

And of course the man himself makes an appearance and has the wonderful and heartwarming job every night of lighting the tree for everyone.

Yes, they do a lovely little countdown and then the deliberately darkened tree is swathed in lights and it is very beautiful. Definitely the highlight of the parade.

i-t6mqVMd-X2.jpg

i-cNWhFkB-X2.jpg

The parks are beautifully themed for Christmas and after the parade we always wander round to see everything lit up at night and it is very pretty everywhere.

i-RkMRX9R-X2.jpg

i-S9v9n6v-X2.jpg

i-LB6zQGw-X2.jpg

Just off where the tree is, there is Delancey Street where the Blues Brothers perform and when it`s quiet there are so many little gems to capture and enjoy without the crowds and most folks do just head out when the parade is over, but you can enjoy almost deserted areas straight after it if you desire.

i-Mb6smwf-X2.jpg

This picture wasn`t taken after the parade, but the Hollywood area is perfect for lights too. This was taken during one of the Orlando Informer events we went to that year but it still has the Christmas decorations adorned around the parks. Usually after the parade the place has ticker tape everywhere, they do send the sweepers around but even the next days you can see tiny little bits they haven`t managed to get still around.

i-ssgn4sS-X2.jpg

This is one thing we are very excited to see again, although there are so many more Holiday things to enjoy, but this has usually been our first stop on our Christmas trips.

More Holiday delights to come....

1697634382311.gif

I'm so happy to see that the Christmas parade will be running while we are there:) :lovestruc I was afraid that we would be too early, which is kind of silly as they usually start celebrating very early at the parks:) Also, standing at the Macy's store is where we will be. Thank you for that :)

You‘ll love the parade! Yes, they do give folks plenty of time to see everything.

We like that spot, but there are no real bad spots around the path it takes, we just like we can see it coming towards us and Father Christmas lighting the tree…..I can’t wait for you to see it with your daughter :)

It is a stunning parade to see
Truly. They are masters at designing parade floats and the balloons are so unique in theme park parades.
there are no real bad spots
What I appreciate is that, even when it’s crowded, you don’t have to hold down a spot an hour early.

any guess if they will have the Xmas parade/grinch show every night this year during the season?

Truly. They are masters at designing parade floats and the balloons are so unique in theme park parades.

What I appreciate is that, even when it’s crowded, you don’t have to hold down a spot an hour early.

any guess if they will have the Xmas parade/grinch show every night this year during the season?

That`s true, we`ve always bimbled up a little bit before it starts and there are always places to stand to see things clearly even the dancers.

They`re certainly leaving the announcements late this year, hearing differing statements regarding the Grinch. Sorry, no help am I lol........

edit to add......on sale today apparently!

Last edited:
i-SR9jzb3-S.gif

Universal Studios is not only pretty at night for decorations, but during the day you can see everything they have on show but in daylight......obviously...... ☺️

The tree itself is beautiful and like all the decorations around the park, it is very understated and classic. The whole Central Park area is one of the main areas around the tree and again, the area isn`t inundated with loads of tinsel and sparkles, but it`s just enough for me.

One thing that is beautiful and prevalent in both parks is an abundance of Poinsettia everywhere, it genuinely sets off that Christmas feeling as soon as you see it.

i-rZJXsQf-X2.jpg

i-bpfLGKk-X2.jpg

i-Cz6rpXw-X2.jpg

i-GcH2zDp-X2.jpg

i-CHwWv6s-X2.jpg

There are minimalist decorations all around the park and in certain areas the Christmas tunes are everywhere not just in Port of Entry, you can`t really get away from Christmas in the parks.

i-fbBGg4d-X2.jpg

All the entertainers around the parks get into the Holiday spirit too and of course Marilyn and her dancers change their outfits for the season too.

i-3KmkKBQ-X2.jpg

cv37-S.jpg

More to come :santa:

Yay! The start of a new trip report!

Were you able to book Economy Delight with Virgin? We are flying over from Miami New Years Eve on Comfort Delight because Premium was already booked. Boo. We did get Premium for the ride home.

Thank you so much for turning us on to Virgin! The best airline I've ever flown with.

You guys will be flying home on my wedding anniversary!

We ended up getting Disney annual passes again (the hubs is a Disnut) so we will be missing Universal again this year.

Can't wait for your trip, it is really getting me excited for my own trip to London and Edinburgh!

I just love the parks during the holidays.

Yay! The start of a new trip report!

Were you able to book Economy Delight with Virgin? We are flying over from Miami New Years Eve on Comfort Delight because Premium was already booked. Boo. We did get Premium for the ride home.

Thank you so much for turning us on to Virgin! The best airline I've ever flown with.

You guys will be flying home on my wedding anniversary!

We ended up getting Disney annual passes again (the hubs is a Disnut) so we will be missing Universal again this year.

Can't wait for your trip, it is really getting me excited for my own trip to London and Edinburgh!

I just love the parks during the holidays.

:welcome: back SCDizFan

Gosh your trip is getting so close too!!! I forgot it was NYE you were flying!! It`ll be here before you know it.

Weirdly Exit row seats are classed as Economy Classic, but we didn`t want anyone in front of us, so went for Exit Row as opposed to extra leg room....but, thankfully we have Premium on the way home, which suits better I think as I`d rather have Premium when I will want to try and sleep, hopefully!!!

I`m so glad you enjoy VA, they are superior to most airlines that are on that route. I must admit they were sometimes seen as second best but we really enjoyed our Premium flghts with Thomas Cook before they went bust!!! Honestly, they were fabulous. But for flights to America we won`t look at anyone else.

Well by the time you come back to Universal they should have the third park up and running, so it`ll be worth the wait for you and meantime you have plenty to amuse you in Disney.

You`re doing London first then Edinburgh?? Wrap up warm.......:)

Glad to see you back again....and really hope you enjoy this one too, always lovely to see you post here :wave2:

i-dwxB9pJ-S.gif

I do think IOA is the most Christmassy of parks of the two Universal parks.

They have the wonderful POE that all year round has the Christmas store on the right hand side as you enter and the smell alone is worth going in for, it evokes so many Holiday memories when you walk in the doors. It is a little odd when you walk in and smell Christmas in September, but in a nice way.

The store does have some beautiful decorations and so much more and we make sure we pick up items every year for our ever expanding Universal tree....it didn`t start out as a Universal tree, but it`s certainly ended up that way.

I think this is a better and certainly larger Christmas store than the one in the Studios, but they do stock similar products. And you can get so many personalised items too which is always lovely to have as souvenirs from a trip.

i-QsJSXxF-X2.jpg

i-RP3VNqD-X2.jpg

One of my favourite areas outside of Potter for Christmas atmosphere is Seuss Landing.

All year round it is the most colourful of areas and a fun little part of the park with several good if a little odd rides...thinking Cat in the Hat here.....yes, only a very special mind could come up with something like that!!

But Grinchmas is something special, even for someone who wasn`t brought up on The Grinch and all the other characters that go with him, it something quite special indeed.

i-4TrpMKr-X2.jpg

i-xBdGBsK-X2.jpg

Roaming around and spending time with guests are The Who`s....and they are excellent, every one of them play their character to perfection and the interactions with them are amazing.

i-McMFkGr-X2.jpg

The Grinchmas Who-Liday spectacular is held here too and it`s a show we haven`t seen in many years, we keep meaning to go back and see it, but never seem to get around to it, maybe this year we`ll attempt it.

It`s another experience that everyone seems to love.

i-PmFRJ27-X2.jpg

i-BHvkdV6-X2.jpg

i-frGpsph-X2.jpg

Circus McGurkus Cafe usually hosts the Grinch Breakfast with a stupendous meet and greet, we`ve only ever heard wonderful reviews, but as it`s under renovation this year, they`ve moved the experience to Confisco Grille so I hope it`s just as good as it has been.

Not something we`re really interested in doing but the meet with the Grinch is always a lot of fun, definitely one of the best characters on offer.

i-NqRfwp5-X2.jpg

i-PWGbdZQ-X2.jpg

i-MnSpg3x-X2.jpg

@disneyseniors hope to see a picture of you and your daughter with some of these amazing characters!! I think you`ll both love this whole area.

i-NZzDfKC-X2.jpg

Hogwarts castle Christmas light show coming right up....... :santa:
cv63-S.jpg

i-SR9jzb3-S.gif

Universal Studios is not only pretty at night for decorations, but during the day you can see everything they have on show but in daylight......obviously...... ☺️

The tree itself is beautiful and like all the decorations around the park, it is very understated and classic. The whole Central Park area is one of the main areas around the tree and again, the area isn`t inundated with loads of tinsel and sparkles, but it`s just enough for me.

One thing that is beautiful and prevalent in both parks is an abundance of Poinsettia everywhere, it genuinely sets off that Christmas feeling as soon as you see it.

i-rZJXsQf-X2.jpg

i-bpfLGKk-X2.jpg

i-Cz6rpXw-X2.jpg

i-GcH2zDp-X2.jpg

i-CHwWv6s-X2.jpg

There are minimalist decorations all around the park and in certain areas the Christmas tunes are everywhere not just in Port of Entry, you can`t really get away from Christmas in the parks.

i-fbBGg4d-X2.jpg

All the entertainers around the parks get into the Holiday spirit too and of course Marilyn and her dancers change their outfits for the season too.

i-3KmkKBQ-X2.jpg

cv37-S.jpg

More to come :santa:
awesome pictures!

the pics are a good warm up for a holiday trip!

all about the grinch::yes:: even when we are staying offsite of U, try to work a visit in to experience the festivities.

family says, it’s “just me”, find the way they do the nose makeup on the residents of who-ville just a bit creepy lol

i-dwxB9pJ-S.gif

I do think IOA is the most Christmassy of parks of the two Universal parks.

They have the wonderful POE that all year round has the Christmas store on the right hand side as you enter and the smell alone is worth going in for, it evokes so many Holiday memories when you walk in the doors. It is a little odd when you walk in and smell Christmas in September, but in a nice way.

The store does have some beautiful decorations and so much more and we make sure we pick up items every year for our ever expanding Universal tree....it didn`t start out as a Universal tree, but it`s certainly ended up that way.

I think this is a better and certainly larger Christmas store than the one in the Studios, but they do stock similar products. And you can get so many personalised items too which is always lovely to have as souvenirs from a trip.

i-QsJSXxF-X2.jpg

i-RP3VNqD-X2.jpg

One of my favourite areas outside of Potter for Christmas atmosphere is Seuss Landing.

All year round it is the most colourful of areas and a fun little part of the park with several good if a little odd rides...thinking Cat in the Hat here.....yes, only a very special mind could come up with something like that!!

But Grinchmas is something special, even for someone who wasn`t brought up on The Grinch and all the other characters that go with him, it something quite special indeed.

i-4TrpMKr-X2.jpg

i-xBdGBsK-X2.jpg

Roaming around and spending time with guests are The Who`s....and they are excellent, every one of them play their character to perfection and the interactions with them are amazing.

i-McMFkGr-X2.jpg

The Grinchmas Who-Liday spectacular is held here too and it`s a show we haven`t seen in many years, we keep meaning to go back and see it, but never seem to get around to it, maybe this year we`ll attempt it.

It`s another experience that everyone seems to love.

i-PmFRJ27-X2.jpg

i-BHvkdV6-X2.jpg

i-frGpsph-X2.jpg

Circus McGurkus Cafe usually hosts the Grinch Breakfast with a stupendous meet and greet, we`ve only ever heard wonderful reviews, but as it`s under renovation this year, they`ve moved the experience to Confisco Grille so I hope it`s just as good as it has been.

Not something we`re really interested in doing but the meet with the Grinch is always a lot of fun, definitely one of the best characters on offer.

i-NqRfwp5-X2.jpg

i-PWGbdZQ-X2.jpg

i-MnSpg3x-X2.jpg

@disneyseniors hope to see a picture of you and your daughter with some of these amazing characters!! I think you`ll both love this whole area.

i-NZzDfKC-X2.jpg

Hogwarts castle Christmas light show coming right up....... :santa:
cv63-S.jpg
I am planning on that photo op, Carole, It will be a lot of fun for us. Thanks for all the beautiful photos. It makes me even more anxious to get there !!!!

I am beyond excited to experience Christmastime at Universal for the first time. Your photos are wonderful. Christmas is my favorite, so I know I will enjoy it.

Awww thank you, I`m so glad you`re enjoying them. I have to admit I think they are among my favourite pictures of all our trips, and yes, makes us very excited for our trip too!!

I`m sure you`ll love it....or should that be "Yule" love it....:duck: Ok that was poor....lol....

the pics are a good warm up for a holiday trip!

all about the grinch::yes:: even when we are staying offsite of U, try to work a visit in to experience the festivities.

family says, it’s “just me”, find the way they do the nose makeup on the residents of who-ville just a bit creepy lol

The Grinch is definitely one of the jewels in their crown, his meets are incredible, even the Grinch who didn`t talk was still magical!

Oh I agree with you, you could easily make a horror movie out of those Who`s...I`m sure some very clever people could turn them ultra creep easily!

All of our Orlando trips have been in December.

We've never seen Universal or Disney without the Christmas decorations. For us the the two go hand in hand. 🎄🎅
It's beautiful there in December I can't imagine it at any other time of year.

We've spent so much time there in December I feel I'm just as much of an authority on the weather as any local! :laughing:

We've been there for the coldest temperature ever recorded in Orlando in December and also the hottest.

We were there for the record cold snap in 2010. It was 21 F the morning we left. Then the next year in 2011 a heat wave rolled through that lasted the entire 2 weeks we were there. Highs around 90 everyday. Our favorite memories from that trip was sitting by the quiet pool at Coronado Springs Resort every night. It would still be close to 80 at 11pm.

I don't remember which year, but it hit a record temp of 95 one day when we were there. Crazy for December. So we've a temperature range of 21-95. 🤣

All of that better than the -30 it was in Saskatchewan at that time!

All of our Orlando trips have been in December.

We've never seen Universal or Disney without the Christmas decorations. For us the the two go hand in hand. 🎄🎅
It's beautiful there in December I can't imagine it at any other time of year.

We've spent so much time there in December I feel I'm just as much of an authority on the weather as any local! :laughing:

We've been there for the coldest temperature ever recorded in Orlando in December and also the hottest.

We were there for the record cold snap in 2010. It was 21 F the morning we left. Then the next year in 2011 a heat wave rolled through that lasted the entire 2 weeks we were there. Highs around 90 everyday. Our favorite memories from that trip was sitting by the quiet pool at Coronado Springs Resort every night. It would still be close to 80 at 11pm.

I don't remember which year, but it hit a record temp of 95 one day when we were there. Crazy for December. So we've a temperature range of 21-95. 🤣

All of that better than the -30 it was in Saskatchewan at that time!

I didn`t realise you have only been that time of year! How`d I miss that!! 🤔

We were still there in Nov 2010...it was baltic when we stepped out on our last day, Virgin did check in and bag drop at Downtown Disney back then, so we went around 8am and all the staff had coats, gloves and hats on....we had thin tops on!!!

December 2018 we had one freezing cold day, it was low 40`s but the wind was bitter, we walked out the hotel to go to the park and I immediately turned and came back inside lol......

Nov/Dec 2021 we had high 80`s every day, it was bliss!!

So yes, you`ve certainly seen it all for that time of year......well, here`s hoping this year is another hot one, but guaranteed for both our families it`ll still be warmer than back home regardless of what it is in Florida!!

Getting closer for both of us!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter