HO-HO-HO..We`ll put the RUM in Pa-Rum-Pum-Pum-Pum! 16 holiday nights at SF & RPR. A Nov/Dec 2023 Trip Report

It’s universal, who knew? Lol

No idea how you manage to do it so well.

Carole - thank you for yet another entertaining TR! We are always happy when you make the effort to spend time with us, knowing you have a very full schedule on your trips.

Loews should bottle you up :) as I can’t think of a better goodwill ambassador for them. You always manage to post something that makes me rethink the parks, whether it’s a picture of something new (or a forgotten feature) or just one of your on-point observations…how long do we have to wait for the next edition?

lol....I think it`s mandatory to have at least one on every flight!!

I honestly think we are so used to it now, first few years were tough.....but generally speaking we are better than we used to be when we first visited America. This trip, I`m not sure why it took the full week.....maybe the brain was too active!!!

Janet, it`s no effort at all to make arrangements to spend time with both of you, we will always work around your time scale and happy to do so. Timing is everything with our meets, we`ve been lucky several times we were there at the same time, we always look forward to meeting up and it`s always a fun night!!

Thank you for your lovely comments.....I do take them all shamelessly ☺️ and happy
to read them too. Yes, there are so many little things around the parks that are missed and I swear, every trip we see so many things and genuinely wonder how the heck we missed them!!

Last week in August, first two weeks in September up next......seems a long way off, but April/May are ultra busy times this year, in a good way!!!

Thank you again for your lovely comments along the way, I really do value them all and appreciate the time folks take to make them.....:wave2:

Enjoyed your trip report Carole. Fantastic as always.

Thank you for taking the time to write it as I know it is a labor of love.

Your reports are always filled with good information on places to go and food and drinks to try.

Tell the cameraman he did a great job on the photos as always.

Enjoyed your trip report Carole. Fantastic as always.

Thank you for taking the time to write it as I know it is a labor of love.

Your reports are always filled with good information on places to go and food and drinks to try.

Tell the cameraman he did a great job on the photos as always.

Thank you Robbie, I`m so glad you enjoyed reading along. And I`ll pass on your comments to Tom, I`m so glad he enjoys taking those pictures!

And thank you for your comments, always appreciated along the way ☺️

Loved your report Carole! If you are still at Universal 9/12-9/14 let me know! Andi and Kait are having a date night 9/13 so maybe I could meet up with you and Tom for a drink! Let’s keep in touch!
I had to laugh on the potty references :rotfl:
I have never in my life asked my husband if he needs to go potty before we leave! :laughing:
We will be attending HHN 2 nights this year with EP. I agree it is very crowded and we unfortunately saw some really bad behavior of teens unsupervised! They really should not be allowed without an adult! We even saw them being obnoxious to the scare actors! So rude!
I will send you my email in the messages here in case we can meet up!

Carol, we have reservations for two different trips for late August and early September. On your advice, we are doing Hall-O-Scream at SeaWorld.

Hopefully we can catch up for a Carol's Punch this year!

Loved your report Carole! If you are still at Universal 9/12-9/14 let me know! Andi and Kait are having a date night 9/13 so maybe I could meet up with you and Tom for a drink! Let’s keep in touch!
I had to laugh on the potty references :rotfl:
I have never in my life asked my husband if he needs to go potty before we leave! :laughing:
We will be attending HHN 2 nights this year with EP. I agree it is very crowded and we unfortunately saw some really bad behavior of teens unsupervised! They really should not be allowed without an adult! We even saw them being obnoxious to the scare actors! So rude!
I will send you my email in the messages here in case we can meet up!

Aw thank you Caroline!

I got your email thanks, I`ll pop a reply off to you so you have mine too :)

I do hope you enjoy HHN, it can be such fun, I think we`re just weary of it now and especially the crowds even on so called quiet nights, but you`ll all have fun I`m sure.

Oh I can`t hear the word potty without smirking to myself now....lol.....

But, glad you enjoyed this one, I appreciate the time you took to comment, I always enjoy reading them, nice to have you along as always :wave2:

Carol, we have reservations for two different trips for late August and early September. On your advice, we are doing Hall-O-Scream at SeaWorld.

Hopefully we can catch up for a Carol's Punch this year!

Fantastic!!!

You will love SW Halloween event. I know we plan to do one night there too, we were genuinely so impressed with it and had such fun with the keisha`s too. It really is everything HHN used to be.

Hope our dates align, that would be lovely to be able to say hello this time around, definitely Carole`s Punch would be a plan!!! ☺️

Hi Carole! Came by to check out the end of your TR. I was in Orlando in March and even though we did not go to Universal, we stayed in an air bnb nearby and I actually rode my bike in the area, and my mom went for a massage at the RPR. I thought of you guys and how much time you get to spend at those hotels!! It all looks so pretty...it's just too much to try to do Disney and Universal in one trip, but it was fun to check out the area. We also went on the wheel which was fun and tried out Gordon Ramsay's Fish and chips. Looking forward to your next TR as usual!!

Hi Carole! Came by to check out the end of your TR. I was in Orlando in March and even though we did not go to Universal, we stayed in an air bnb nearby and I actually rode my bike in the area, and my mom went for a massage at the RPR. I thought of you guys and how much time you get to spend at those hotels!! It all looks so pretty...it's just too much to try to do Disney and Universal in one trip, but it was fun to check out the area. We also went on the wheel which was fun and tried out Gordon Ramsay's Fish and chips. Looking forward to your next TR as usual!!
Hi Kathy

Good to see you and glad you had such a lovely trip. You`re very brave going on a bike around that area!!!

The wheel is fun, you get a good view of the new park from up there.

Thank you for your lovely comments along the way, glad you enjoyed it, next one is a few months away, but we`re already looking forward to it.

Hope you`re good and thank you again :)

Good to see you and glad you had such a lovely trip. You`re very brave going on a bike around that area!!!
Funny story actually....I was trying to ride over to CityWalk to check out the area on my bike...and I ended up riding up the ramp onto the rooftop of the parking garage ...and then I couldn't find my way back down without going down the ramp which was terrifying...so I walked my bike over the the elevator and had to go down that to street level, then a cast member let me out through a secret staff exit lol...they really don't expect people to be walking (or biking) around the area lol I actually ended up biking a lot on sidewalks where there were no bike lanes because no one is walking on them anyway lol
Thank you for your lovely comments along the way, glad you enjoyed it, next one is a few months away, but we`re already looking forward to it.
I love the lead up to trips..the dreaming about them is almost as much fun as actually being there lol

Funny story actually....I was trying to ride over to CityWalk to check out the area on my bike...and I ended up riding up the ramp onto the rooftop of the parking garage ...and then I couldn't find my way back down without going down the ramp which was terrifying...so I walked my bike over the the elevator and had to go down that to street level, then a cast member let me out through a secret staff exit lol...they really don't expect people to be walking (or biking) around the area lol I actually ended up biking a lot on sidewalks where there were no bike lanes because no one is walking on them anyway lol

I love the lead up to trips..the dreaming about them is almost as much fun as actually being there lol

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

lol.....oh heck that`s hilarious!!!! I have an image stuck in my head now of you cycling down the ramp at speed!!! But, glad you found an alternative way out and could use the walking path.

Yes, leading up to a trip is always exciting!!

lol.....oh heck that`s hilarious!!!! I have an image stuck in my head now of you cycling down the ramp at speed!!! But, glad you found an alternative way out and could use the walking path.
I figured you would know exactly what I was talking about lol. The ride up was plenty scary too and quite a workout ...had no desire to repeat that though it would have been easier downwards but no less scary lol. I have to do better research next time and I'm wondering if there is a pedestrian entrance to citywalk where you don't have to go through that garage? Does anyone walk there lol? I think it would be fun to take my bike in there just for the looks I'd get lol.

I figured you would know exactly what I was talking about lol. The ride up was plenty scary too and quite a workout ...had no desire to repeat that though it would have been easier downwards but no less scary lol. I have to do better research next time and I'm wondering if there is a pedestrian entrance to citywalk where you don't have to go through that garage? Does anyone walk there lol? I think it would be fun to take my bike in there just for the looks I'd get lol.

lol....yep, knew exactly where you meant. I don`t think they see a lot of cyclists there. Folks walk from the Doubletree area and can just go up to the moving walkway from there.

Oh you would get some looks ok.....haha......I can`t imagine going up there on a bike, but, I think you must be a lot fitter than I am 🥴

I was thinking about your son the other night, hope he`s doing good!!!

So sweet of you to remember and ask!! He is doing really well. He was in FL with us in March with his GF and now he is back in Boston almost finished his third year of uni, he will be home mid May for the summer.

Aww, so good to hear he’s doing well and glad they got to join you for the trip!

Hope he enjoys his summer too ☺️

Thank you so much for your trip report. I have been reading it since last September. We love universal but you have made us love it even more! You also have shown us some new places to try. Can’t wait for your next report to start. Take care. 😍😍

Awww, thank you so much!!

I am so glad you enjoyed it and yes, there`s always somewhere new to try every visit, only trouble is we have so many favourite places it`s hard to fit everything in!!

Universal is amazing for sure, something for everyone for sure.

Thank you again for taking the time to post, it is very much appreciated...hope to see you on the next one too :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter