Hogwarts Express Refurb

We will be there 6/12-6/18 and I was incredibly disappointed when I read that. I have 2 daughters, ages 6 & 8, and we were really looking forward to that attraction.

I’m going to hold out hope that they finish it early, but mentally prepare myself too. We bought AP’s and have trips booked for November & June 2023, so there will be future opportunities— but this is our first trip. 😢

I just saw on Twitter from Orlando informer that Hogwarts express will be closed for refurb from June 9 - June 18 of this year. Just to let anyone know who is visiting then.
oh no, we'll be there June 10, bummer!!! Have 2 girls who were going to focus mainly on HP, and Marvel....phooey! Thanks for the heads up, so we can prepare!

I'd be really surprised if they don't open it while the refund happens - HE went down unexpectedly for one day on our vacay last May 2021 & they opened it up then for the day 👍🤞.
A path would be awesome! I didn't realize there was one.

We're also there during the refurb time-frame. That would be awesome not to have to walk out and around between parks.

I'd be really surprised if they don't open it while the refund happens - HE went down unexpectedly for one day on our vacay last May 2021 & they opened it up then for the day 👍🤞.
Hopefully they do. It is much more convenient, even without the turnstiles, to use that path than going around through CityWalk.
Hated last fall when we were there, we were by Minions for the parade then immediately went to Grinchmas, but had to walk all the way around through CityWalk and back into Seuss Landing just to get to the other side of the gate we were on.

Any updates on this? I'm praying the dates shift a bit since if it stays this way, it will be closed our entire FL visit.

Any updates on this? I'm praying the dates shift a bit since if it stays this way, it will be closed our entire FL visit.
Different sources that I’ve checked all stated refurb beginning on June 9 but ending date varies. The latest post from AllEars states ending on June 16 but my guess is it could still vary.

Different sources that I’ve checked all stated refurb beginning on June 9 but ending date varies. The latest post from AllEars states ending on June 16 but my guess is it could still vary.
Thanks! ::: fingers crossed :::
That would be great if the HE opened a little earlier. (We were hoping to hear more about the walking path, but I can't seem to find anything online indicating UO will open it, everything indicates leaving the park and entering the main gates at each.)

It is closed today. So it definitely started on the 9th. I guess we'll see if they finish early. We be there June 18-21. Our whole group has ridden it many times but hoping they have the walkway open at least.

Thanks! ::: fingers crossed :::
That would be great if the HE opened a little earlier. (We were hoping to hear more about the walking path, but I can't seem to find anything online indicating UO will open it, everything indicates leaving the park and entering the main gates at each.)
That's a long walk if you're back by the Harry Potter stuff. Plan to give yourself more time.

That's a long walk if you're back by the Harry Potter stuff. Plan to give yourself more time.
Thanks :) Do you mean exiting the park? or the walking path?

We've been to UO a few times at this point, but I thought if there was a path, it would be closer to hop. For the life of me, I can't envision where a path might be in either park if they open it?

We've been to UO a few times at this point, but I thought if there was a path, it would be closer to hop. For the life of me, I can't envision where a path might be in either park if they open it?

I've never seen a walking path behind the two parks. I know you can walk from the main entrances between the parks. It's not a long walk, but it's not as short as going from DL and DCA.

It's the street between Minions and the Main Universal store in US. They have a path that connects into Suess Landing in IOA. We've used it on a VIP tour and the holiday tour but it isn't usually open otherwise. They have to staff it with people to check park-to-park tickets but the people who usually do that at Hogwarts Express should be free right now. It isn't pretty back there. They have maintenance vehicles driving through and employee break areas, dumpsters, production areas, etc. I don't think they like to use it but it's better than everyone having to walk out the exits and back across Hard Rock and the Emporium to the other park entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter