Holding Point Questions

waynesburg60

Earning My Ears
I recently closed on a resale contract that had a few points in holding. I would love to use these "free" points since I didn't pay for them but I have a few questions.

1.) They expire in April. Does that mean April 1 or 30?
2.) Can I make a reservation 60 days from April or do they need to be used by April? So If the expire April 30, can I book June 29 with them?
3.) Can I wait-list a reservation with holding points? Go on a list a few days before my 60 days in hopes it comes in?
4.) Will these points be used automatically at booking?
5.) Any other advice on how to use the points?

The last night they can be used for is March 31.
You can wait list with those points.

There are no points in anyone's possession that expire in April because there is no May use year. If the use year you have is April, the points must be used for a reservation that ends no later than the night of March 31. Holding points can be used to reserve a room only if you are no more than 60 days out from date of arrival when you try to make the reservation. You cannot do a waitlist to use them unless you are 60-days or less from date of arrival. I am assuming you do not have any other regular points that expire in March 2024 and thus the only points you can use for a reservation are those holding points, which answers your fourth question with a yes (unless you were to borrow points from your April 2024 use year, but borrowing can be done only when making the reservation).

Last edited:
Thanks, so the points expire when the clock strikes midnight on March and has to be used by then. I was hoping I had April as well as with spring break season in March has left slim pickins and I only have 23 points to use so my room selection is limited.

Thanks, so the points expire when the clock strikes midnight on March and has to be used by then. I was hoping I had April as well as with spring break season in March has left slim pickins and I only have 23 points to use so my room selection is limited.

They expire at the end of your 2023 UY. Since your UY is April, that means March 31st is the last night to use them.

Do I have to wait until 8AM 60 days prior like the usual 11-7 month window? Or does my 60 days start 60 days prior?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter