Holiday Recipe Exchange sent/received thread....COMPLETED!

I also got something that looks really neat but I'm not sure what it is. It's really cute. Did you make it? What do I do with it?
I wondered the same thing....Now I know.

Thanks for the great package Colleen. It arrived yesterday but I was packing to send my DD off the camp for three days at school. It's part of their curriculum in 5th grade here. She was excited but a little upset about being away w/o 'mommy' for 3 days.
Anyway...sorry I didn't post last night. Great recipes. I can't wait to try the baked potato chips and wedding soup is my DD's favortite.
The garlic powder couldn't have come at a better time, we just ran out, and we use garlic on everything!YUM!!!!!!!!
Did you make the beautiful hand towel? I love it. And of course no one can have too many Yankee Candles. Thanks so much.

Now I better get in gear and mail mine. It's all together but it hasn't made it to the Post Office. That is next on my list. :thumbsup2

I'll check in your package, Lindsay.

Any other mailings today?? We are getting short on time :eek:
Still 6 to verify mailing.

I'm really starting to doubt the whole Priority Mail 2-3 day thing. Even with the holiday on Monday I thought my packages would have been delivered yesterday or today. Delivery confirmation still shows nothing :confused3

it seems to be doing that a lot, Amy :(
Can't imagine what it is going to be like when the holidays are closer :eek:

LindsayDunn228 said:
I'm getting a little worried about my recipient. I hope she reports in!!

Yes, mom my found her package on her doorstep last nihgt when she got home. She was so excited she brought it over this afternoon to show me :cheer2: She received a stack of recipes including:

Baked Spaghetti
Easy Meatloaf
Crockpot Italian-Style Chicken with Spaghetti
Cookie Dough Brownies
Congo Bars
Chocolate Rum Balls
Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies
Peppermint Pattie Brownies
and many, many more.

She also recieved an assortment of spices which I can't rmember right now.

She was absolutely thrilled with her package. So a big, hearty thank you to you from her. She is so cute about these exchanges. This is only her second one, but she is like a kid when she receives her package!!! I missed signing her up for one recently and she was not happy with me. Yikes!!!!

Tamarap, you are so welcome!! I didn't know it was for your mother. If I had known that it was for someone else I wouldn't have been so panicked about you reporting in :) The spices were cinnamon, cinnamon sugar (LOOOOOOOVE this stuff!!!), and nutmeg.

So glad she enjoyed it!! :)

cvemom said:
I also got something that looks really neat but I'm not sure what it is. It's really cute. Did you make it? What do I do with it?
I wondered the same thing....Now I know.

Did you make the beautiful hand towel? I love it. And of course no one can have too many Yankee Candles. Thanks so much.
Yes I made both of them. Glad that you liked everything.

Hope we hear of those last mailings today.

Please check in ::yes::
We also should start hearing of a lot more arrivals....all those mailed the 10 should start arriving.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cranberry Salad

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Salads

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 cups cranberries -- ground
1 cup sugar
10 ounces miniature marshmallows
quart Cool Whip -- thawed
small can crushed pineapple -- drained

Mix cranberries and sugar. Let stand 2 hours.
Mix marshmallows and Cool Whip. Let stand 2 hours.
Mix cranberries and marshmallow mixtures together with pineapple. Set overnight.

I got a package today from Jean (KT27's mom).

Recipes:
Date and Nut Balls
Mexican Wedding Cakes/Russian Tea Cakes
Cranberry Coffee Cake
Fantasy Fudge
Pumpkin Bread
Hello Dollies/Magic Cookie Bars
Snickerdoodles

Goodies recieved:
A silicone baking mat - how did you know I needed another one?!?!
An adorable gingerbread man plate - I plan to hang this on my wall
A ring of cookie cutters - this is too cool!!! It's like a jailers key ring filled with Christmas cookie cutters!!!

I love everything!! Tell your mom "Thank you" for me!!!

Kimba

I mailed my package but I kind of forgot to include one important thing. :guilty: I forgot to put the recipes in the box. :blush:

To my dear recipient, I will be mailing you an envelop with the recipes as some of the goodies in the box are actually ingredients. :blush: Sorry in advance. :)

My box came today from pennst8r full of wonderful things and yummy recipes.

Things first-
Flexible cutting mat
Very cool snowman clear cube votive holder and candle
Snowman post-its
Shopping list with matching magnets
Ariel pen to write on everything with (now I can give back my son his PeterPan one)
Restaurant themed kitchen towel
Bat cookie cutter
Pumpkin cookie cutter
Assorted Halloween sprinkles - you know this means I have no excuse to not make the cookies now.
And a cute burlap sack full of candy

Yummy stuff next - on very festive recipe cards
Apple Spice Cake
Banana Bread
Best Rolled Sugar Cookies
Sugared Nuts (ooo I can't wait to try this one)
Pizza Pinwheels (I can do this one)
Taco Dip
Coral Reef's Peanut Butter Playdough (will be posting this one)
Mandarin Chicken Salad
Cheesy Potatoes
Chicken & Rice Burritos
Gingersnaps

These all sound do-able for the lazy cook (is that a show?) here. The Apple Spice Cake looks the hardest but boy does it sound good. I got signed up to make cookies for the boys' Halloween parties. I was going to wimp out and buy them, but now I will try to do it for real.

Thanks so much for a great exchange :sunny:

PS-now I know why you booed me. I didn't know I knew you :rotfl:

Recipe from pennst8r's kitchen

1 cup smooth peanut butter
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar

1-Mix PB, syrup and vanilla (mixer works best)
2-Gradually add powdered sugar
3-Store covered at room temperature

Us an ice cream scoop to serve (stir again if needed).
Decorate with cookies, candies, pretzels.

AlexWyattMommy said:
PS-now I know why you booed me. I didn't know I knew you :rotfl:

:rotfl2: I didn't even think about the fact that you wouldn't know why!
Glad you got it....it would have bene easier if these stores around here would get some Xmas stuff in!

The spice cake is yummy....not really "spiced"--really moist. I got it from Martha Stewart. Not hard at all.

PS
I saw someone post about icing with dry Jello on their sugar cookies before baking them. Even easier!

I received my exchange today from DisneyCP2002 - Dania. All I can say is WOW! Thank you so much! I received a binder full of more than 80 recipes (I counted 84 but I think I might have missed a couple)
A few of which include:
Cheeseburger Impossible Pie
Magic Cookie Bars
Sausage Balls
Ritz Parmesan Chicken - I love this one. A family I babysat for growing up used to make this and I loved it but never had the recipe.
Fudge recipes
A bunch of Disney recipes from Cape May, Boma, Disney Inn, Land Grille, And Boardwalk Bakery.
Hot Fudge Cake
Funny Monster Haloween Cookies (might try these tonight)
It is really a great collection of recipes!

A cute snowman apron
Dish towel, oven mit and potholder set with a snowman family on it
Dishtowel with a sugar cookie recipe on it and snowman cookie cutter attached
Bag of Candy Corn
2007/2008 Planner

Thanks again for the wonderful package. It is snowing out right now so I think I might heat up the kitchen and bake something :cake:

Amy

My DC tells me that my package arrived this morning!

Your item arrived at 8:05 am on October 12, 2006 in TULSA, OK 74133

ADisneygirl said:
My DC tells me that my package arrived this morning!

Your item arrived at 8:05 am on October 12, 2006 in TULSA, OK 74133
You beat me to it! A girl's gotta work you know! :teeth: Well this one does anyway. :rolleyes:

I did get my package today. I have been salivating over the recipes. Would you believe that I have never eaten a cannoli? Now I can make em and try em!

Thank you so much for the recipes in the cute cute folder, and all the goodies. I have a monster cold so forgive me if I miss something. I got:

Spatula
cooling racks
strainers
magnetic notepad
Rubber spatula
Electric timer

Thanks!

kimbac3 said:
I got a package today from Jean (KT27's mom).

Recipes:
Date and Nut Balls
Mexican Wedding Cakes/Russian Tea Cakes
Cranberry Coffee Cake
Fantasy Fudge
Pumpkin Bread
Hello Dollies/Magic Cookie Bars
Snickerdoodles

Goodies recieved:
A silicone baking mat - how did you know I needed another one?!?!
An adorable gingerbread man plate - I plan to hang this on my wall
A ring of cookie cutters - this is too cool!!! It's like a jailers key ring filled with Christmas cookie cutters!!!

I love everything!! Tell your mom "Thank you" for me!!!

Kimba

She is happy you loved everything. This was her 1st exchange and she was so worried she was going to mess it up (how I don't know?) Now you girls have her hooked she is already talking of signing up for more!

Thanks!
~Katie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter