holiday/value rates

mizlady

Earning My Ears
My family is booked on a DCL cruise for Dec. 13-20. We would like to continue our vacation for several more days at WDW. I know that Dec. 19 is the last day for value season. Would it be possible and worth it to make our ressies starting Dec. 19 to pay value rates for another 6 or 7 days at WDW? There are five of us, so we would either need a deluxe or two rooms somewhere else.

Thanks,
Paula :)

I am not sure what you are asking. Are you asking if they would let you pay for a room on the last night of value season but not physically check in until the next day which begins the holiday season? This would let you get the cheaper rate for your entire stay. It is a great idea in theory but I do not know if they would allow it. I know many teachers that would love to be able to do that. Sorry I do not have an answer for you.

The rate you will be charged for your stay is the rate that is available on the day you "check in". So yes you could make your reservation starting with the 19th, but unless someone checked in that day, you would not capture that rate for the rest of your stay. We tried this in Feb. 2002, couldn't make it until the day after Value season ended, but were willing to pay for the extra night even though we wouldn't be there, but it was a no-go. ~:(~

I don't know whether you can do that or not, but is it worth it? Yes! We had originally intended to stay 12/23-1/01/03 at WL.

When the AP rates came out last July, we realized that if we took advantage of the discount and started our trip on 12/19 ( the last day of value season, but more importantly, the last day the AP rate was available), we could stay 4 more nights and pay less money!

So, yes, it's definitely worth it. I just don't know if they allow you to do it as you're suggesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter