Holloween Horror Nights for 8yr old???

wild about the world

Earning My Ears
Is my 8 year old to young for this. I just called about ticket info and when the person heard I was thinking about taking an 8 year old she almost flipped. She said she would never do it.
What do you think??????

It really depends on the maturity level your child has. This October will be my first HHN but from what I have heard it can get pretty intense.

We were there several years ago with our 6 year old and she got rather scared at times. She did enjoy the parade and trying to catch the beads and coins. There are lots of "body parts" lying around and chainsaw waving ghouls that seem to jump out from nowhere. The CM's do seem to recognize that the young ones may be frightened and often tone it down in their presence. It's foggy and very dark in some places. There seems to be an overabundance of teenagers running wild as the night progressed. It could be the fact that alcohol is served. The later the more "lively" the crowd got. If I had to do it again I would arrive just when the park reopens and leave just as it is getting dark. Most of the party-goers won't arrive until after dark. The lines for the rides are fairly short up until then.
Bottom line, I guess some 8 year olds would enjoy it and others would freak out. You know your childs level of fear better than any of us and can decide based on that.

IMO, it's too intense for an 8 year old. In fact, I believe that HHN has a PG-13 rating warning on it. I've seen several young children in tears at HHN.

Last year, two of the "chain saw guys" were trying to calm down a very frightened child. They had put down their "weapons" and were speaking calmly to the child and telling him that it was all make-up and fake stuff. I thought that was very nice of the guys to do that but the parents should have never brought their child in there.

Besides the street freaks, there are walk-through haunted houses and chambers of horrors. Really gross, frightening stuff for kids to deal with. CM's pop out at you and there's lots of strobe lights and stuff.

Last year, near Amityville, they filled the street with fog and strobe lights so you could hardly see where you were walking. Well, the street was filled with creatures and freaks of all kinds.

There is no way on Earth I think you should take your 8yr old to HHN. I'm 14 and wen't for my first time last year, and I had the greatest time of my life, but I was scared to death practically the whole night and so was my best friend. There is practically no where to go to get calmed down or anything. I mean leaving the bathroom some evil looking clown with blood stains on his face will jump out at you. Also, I've been in that park over 50times easily and during HHN when the park was in pitch black and it was like going there for the first time.

Plus theres theese certain zones you have to go through to get to different parts of the park like Margie was saying and theres no way to see a thing. All the areas are covered in mist, and its very easy to lose your parties, and I'm telling you, when you are walking in a big white cloud and things rub up against your legs or some huge gremlin pops up right in front of you and chases you...

Then theres the ever favorite chainsaw guys that walk up behind people and stick the chainsaw between their legs. It never happned to me, but it did it would surely freak me out. HHN is easily the best Halloween celebration, but I'd defintly wait till your child turns 13 or so because that night was easily the scariest of my life.

Halloween Horror Nights carries a PG-13 rating for a very good reason. It is scary! Personally, in Amity, I try to walk on the sidewalks near the games and avoid the creatures in the fog. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter