Hollywood and Vine Character Lunch

snowwhite84

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done the character lunch at H&V? I'm thinking of setting this up because my DSis(5) loves the Little Einsteins. Is it worth it? :confused3 TIA!

We just got back and we did the H&V breakfast. I don't think I would to that one again. Food was OK and character interaction was OK. I have an 18 month old and an almost 4 year old. They are HUGE Little Einstein fans but did not seem to be too excited about meeting the characters at this meal. Crystal Palace is the BEST breakfast.

We did the H&V character lunch last week and DD 4 loved it! That and Crystal Palace were her favorite meals. We had a wonderful server - very sweet and fun - and June went out of her way to make sure DD had a great time. The food was blah - not bad, but nothing worth going back for - but this was our sixth day on the dining plan so we didn't mind not leaving a place completely stuffed! The kids loved the food however - DS 7, DD 10 and DD 4 of course. I would say if your child is an Einsteins or Jojo fan - do it. It's magical for them. All the kids around us were as happy or happier than our 4 yr old.

We had lunch at H&V in August. My 2 yr old DS loved it. The character interaction was great. They spent a lot of time with him. He had so much fun dancing with the CMs. I was a bit nervous because of all the bad reviews about the food. I thought the food was pretty good. The decor is a bit plain but it was clean and the staff was great. If your kids are fans of the characters, I wouldn't hesitate. Have fun!

We were there on 9/25 for lunch. It was okay. Food was mediocre, at best. DD is a huge JoJo fan so she was very excited, but it took FOREVER for JoJo to get to us (like, over an hour) and then she just sort of waved, patted my DD on the back, and posed for the picture. We had more interaction with JoJo out in the park. June just skipped over our table when I was up getting food. DH wasn't aggressive enough to get her to come back. Also, the buffet line was very crowded and took a long time to get through.

We were there on Tuesday for lunch. DD enjoyed the characters even though she's 8 she still likes the Playhouse Disney crew. It was a nice change. I do miss the characters from H&V from a few years back (the classic Disney ones in Hollywood gear), but this one was fun. It wasn't real busy (at 12:30) so it was easy to get up and go to the buffet and come back before the characters would come by.

The food was good. I think this was DD's best lunch the whole trip. She really liked the chicken nuggets (they served the same type at Prime Time as well). She also like the kids mac n cheese.

I enjoyed the salads. They had some unique salads like and Endive with goat cheese salad and a mozzerela & tomato salad. The hot foods were good and fresh as well. It is a little pricey for lunch, but the character meals usually are. OHH, and if you are a chocoholic like me, look out for the chocolate cups filled with chocolate mousse, to die for!! We enjoyed this lunch and would definitely go back. :thumbsup2

We're going to do it tomorrow last minute. It's our first character dining experience, so it'll be a good start. Next time I'll have to plan ahead for something with princesses. But my dd4 is very excited to go!

Rachel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter