• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

hollywood and vine character meal reviews

LImom222

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have a recent review of hollywood and vine character meal, I am undecided on crsytal palace or hollywood and vine........my kids love the little einsteins but from what I've read the food is much better at crsytal palace, is the food that bad at hollywood and vine? :confused3

I have read a good review and bad review for Hollywood and Vine recently. You might find them with a search.

My DD2 loves JoJo, so I am giving in and going. But don't take my advice, I am going to LTT also, and I am pretty sur ethe food is going to be horrible.

Hollywood and vine has great food. But I dont think its caricature dinner any more. It wasnt last April when I was there..

I think they just added the Playhouse Disney character meal this last fall.

We've had dinner at H&V before and enjoyed it. It looks like the food at lunch is pretty similiar, so we're planning on doing this meal. My boys (5 and 3) are still at an age where they like the Little Einsteins and JoJo plus my dd- (who will be 8 months old during our trip) will probably like them too by then, so it should be a fun meal!

We do love the Crystal Palace for breakfast though, and will probably be doing that meal again. LOVE their breakfast lasagne- it's a must-do meal everytime we go!

Me and DFH also have reservations for H&V for the fantasmic dinner package, and yeah I have been getting nervous from the reviews also. I am considering changing it to the Brown Derby, but am still up in the air if I really want to or not. I know H&V is a char breakfast, and char lunch, so we don't have either of those booked as I feel I would look really silly me and him going just to meet jojo lol. It does look very cute though. I also read somewhere that H&V maybe nixing their Char Lunch in the upcoming months. Again I read it somewhere can't remember where, and I HAVE NOT heard it from anyone else or wdw official site. :bride: :groom:

We had a disappointing meal here in Sept. The food was good, but here's my warning - DON'T GET A RESSIE AFTER 2!!!. We had the last seating and the characters had to rush off to get ready for the parade. We only got the singing and dancing once and JoJo didn't even make it to our table. Try explaining that to a pair of 2 year olds dressed head to toe in JoJo. Disney made it up to us, so I'm not upset, but just to warn others... get an earlier ressie!

Just came back. We went to H&V for dinner. It was ok. I heard alot of negatives but it was a good meal. Also went to Crystal Palace. We really liked that one. Also consider Chef Mickey's (I think we liked that the best).

we had a late breakfast there on october 17, and it was wonderful. we really enjoyed this meal. the food was hot, fresh, and plentiful (and very tasty), and the character interaction was excellent. we had dinner at cp another night and enjoyed that, too. but the kids were most fired up about the little einsteins.

playhouse disney is only there for B&L. we are going to try in next month for breakfast. I ate at LTT in aug and really enjoyed it we are going back again next month. We did the dinner at LTT. We also love chef mickey's for b&d.

:thumbsup2 I took my DS there August 30th for BK at 9:00 am and i was also a little nervous about going due to the reviews here on the dis but still went because my son loves Jo Jo. I am glad I did not follow the advice on here. I really really enjoyed it and will be going back next year for BK again. The character interaction was so great. They almost came around too much! (honestly) I thought the food was really good, nothing to call home about but pretty standard. Everything was hot and the chef even came and brought out special soy waffels for my DS and let us know everything he could have to eat.

I cant tell you about lunch and dinner but if your going for breakfast i think you will enjoy it very much.

Food was really good , nice buffet lunch with good variety and character interaction was excellent

We just ate here this past Monday and I thought the food was pretty horrible. There wasn't 1 thing that I thought was good. The characters and CMs were great but we won't go back there.

To give you some perspective, we thought the food at 1900 Park Fare was very good, Cape May Cafe (Beach Club) marginal to poor and Biergarten ok to good. We missed our ADR for Boma and had to cancel Le Cellier because of other plans. We'll do those on another trip.

CEDmom said:
We just ate here this past Monday and I thought the food was pretty horrible. There wasn't 1 thing that I thought was good. The characters and CMs were great but we won't go back there.

To give you some perspective, we thought the food at 1900 Park Fare was very good, Cape May Cafe (Beach Club) marginal to poor and Biergarten ok to good. We missed our ADR for Boma and had to cancel Le Cellier because of other plans. We'll do those on another trip.

Did you go during BK, Lunch, or dinner? I have heard more negative reviews of dinner than those of Lunch and BK.

We went to H&V for lunch last month and enjoyed it. I thought the food was pretty good, there were a few salads I really enjoyed (one with goat cheese and pasta or something was yummy). Desserts were excellent. DD also enjoyed the food and the character interaction.

If given the choice between CP & H&V I would definitely have to go with CP, I just think their food is great. IMHO I think it's the best buffet in all of WDW. But, we have done both and will probably continue to do so since we like to have lunch at a sit down when we go the parks and we "usually" only make it to one park for a good portion of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter