Hollywood Sign Photo Op Location???

Tony M

Remember 1999
Staying at Disneyland but want to see the Hollywood sites.
Where is the best place to get a photo op with the "Hollywood" sign?
Where is the Mann's Theater?
THANKS!!!

Follow the 5 fwy north to the 101, and then where the 101 intersects Sunset Blvd... That puts in the Hollywood area. You'd actually get off on Highland and turn left. On the corner of Highland & Hollywood Blvd. is the Highland Complex, where you will find Mann's Chinese Theater, Kodak Theater, shops, and across the street El Capitan (owned by Disney). It cost me $2 to park in the underground parking structure (turn right on Hollywood Blvd, go past Mann's Chinese Theater, & turn right again on the next street - you'll come to the entrance to the parking structure). From there, visit Mann's Theater, footprints, stars on the sidewalk etc., then go to the mall part & walk up the stairs all the way to the top -- you'll have a great view of the Hollywood sign & perfect spot for taking pictures.

11450map_la_oc1.jpg

Here's some pics of the Highland Complex .....

Mann's Chinese Theater
11450030_day2.jpg

My cousin Arturo from Spain -- They've seen a lot of westerns. :)

11450031_day2-med.jpg

Entering the complex area -- to the left is the Renaissance Hotel (with a view of the Hollywood sign on one side from your room)

11450033_day2-med.jpg

Bigger Picture

View looking back down the complex with El Capitan Theater in the background.

11450041_day2-med.jpg

View of the Hollywood sign from the Highland Complex

11450040_day2-med.jpg

Oh Mary Jo you make me miss it sooo much! hehe.
Yes DEFINATELY go to Hollywood/Highland...its a BLAST! Its like walking into a whole other culture. Also, the hotel there offers an amazing govt rate of usually around 125/nt!!! I qualify for that rate, but was not asked for my id.
All of the tour buses seem to go up to the Japanese Restaurant - the Yakinumi or something like that...someone will probably know...you can go up into their huge wrap around parking lot and see the sign, and down onto Hollywood/LA. Its a great view!!!

Thank you SO much Mary Jo! DD has been asking that we go see the "Ollywoo" sign (fans of "Joey" will get that) when we're there in July and I've been hoping to see the Chinese Theatre. This will be perfect for both of us (and we won't need to take one of those city tours!).
Thank you!! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter