Hollywood Studios and Uber drop off

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
Does Uber drop off any closer than the buses at DHS? And are there any transport wheelchairs at the new bus stop area?

There are a few transport wheelchairs like they have at the other parks.

Nothing really drops you close to the gate right now, not Uber, not parking lot trams and not buses.

While each park provides some courtesy wheelchairs at transportation, there will not necessarily be any at a given time. Have an alternate plan.

While each park provides some courtesy wheelchairs at transportation, there will not necessarily be any at a given time. Have an alternate plan.
Disney used to have cm's frequently restock the courtesy wheelchair racks. But as the years have gone by, they've become less conscientious about it. So pretty much, once they've all been used getting from the bus stops to the park entrance, that's where they stay.

Disney used to have cm's frequently restock the courtesy wheelchair racks. But as the years have gone by, they've become less conscientious about it. So pretty much, once they've all been used getting from the bus stops to the park entrance, that's where they stay.
What about when someone needs it to go from the park entrance TO the bus stop? I would assume that's the only way it gets back to the bus stop, when a guest does it. Since whoever needed it to get TO the park probably needs it to get TO the bus stop, right?

What about when someone needs it to go from the park entrance TO the bus stop? I would assume that's the only way it gets back to the bus stop, when a guest does it. Since whoever needed it to get TO the park probably needs it to get TO the bus stop, right?
Yes, but mostly not until the end of the day, when the process reverses. So there's some back and forth in the afternoon; it's in the morning and at park closing when there are shortages. And the afternoon is hit or miss.

Uber/Lyft drops off in the passenger drop off area (same as personal vehicle drop-offs, taxi cabs, etc..).. I do not recall exactly where that is at DHS at the present time, especially with all of the construction work and changes happening. Based on past experience, it is always best to assume that you will have to do a decent amount of walking to get to the park gates at any WDW park.

We walked the same amount of time from the Lyft drop off as from the bus stop.
Yes, I just measured the distances today, and the Uber drop-off is about the same distance as the closest bus stop. The pickup is a little bit further, but closer than the furthest bus stop.

Does anyone who know if this is still the case? Will be headed to Disney next week and plan on using Uber/Lyft to get around. Thank you!

We ended up taking an uber to Hs and the walk wasnt too far from the drop off. The walk to our bus stop was far. We didnt see any wheelchairs either. You walk between the green fencing and it seems endless.The Poly bus line was long and we had to stand. I dont know how I manged the bus ride with a bad knee and back. The next day the bus back from AK was standing room only. We got off and waited for the next one which came pretty quickly. I hope DHS is all finished by June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter