• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hollywood Studio's new name

Don't like any of the names. Hollywoodland or Hollywood Adventure would still be my picks.

Kaleidoscope/Hyperia = (Linda Flynn-Fletcher voice): "What does that even mean?!" Plus the myriad misspellings would wreak havoc on the Dis.

I think they need to go back to the drawing board.

Agree with all-- however it would be spelled K or H..............

They all seem to have horrible names, but if I had to pick, I would pick Cinemagic.

Why do they all have to end in "PARK" though . .that makes some of the names feel awkward.

Why not Disney's Hollywood Adventure?

Let's give it a try: Sin-A-Magine, Cin-e-magine, Cinemag-ine. These are just a few ways that people could butcher the name.
Having learned French, at one point, years and years ago, my mind keeps going to Sin-a-ma-zsheen.

Having learned French, at one point, years and years ago, my mind keeps going to Sin-a-ma-zsheen.
I'd be all for the French looking/sounding name if the park was designed with a European theme with some fun quirks... but they got rid of LMA (from Euro Disney) and Ratatouille is being built in Epcot, heck, they even got rid of the bakery.

Nothing about the future of the park seems European.

The whole problem here... the master theme and name are supposed to be well defined before the rides are chosen.

The whole problem here... the master theme and name are supposed to be well defined before the rides are chosen.

Exactly. It's more of an annex to the MK. No overriding theme. Just stuff that seems fun to certain segments. A mish-mash.

• Disney Kaleidoscope Park
What the heck does a kaleidoscope have to do with a park?
  • Disney Storyverse Park
Are we telling the story of what happens when you ignore a park for decades? If so this fits perfect!
  • Disney Hyperia Park
Guess the guy who came up with Hyperian Warf is still running around? Give up on the "Hyperia" already.
  • Disney Beyond Park
Not sure what were supposed to going beyond here.
  • Disney Cinemagic Park
Sounds like someone spent a solid 10 seconds thinking this up.
  • Disney Legends Park
Probably the best of the dumpster fire list here, not sure if being the best piece of garbage is an accomplishment though.
  • Disney XL Park
Lets name the smallest park they have at the moment after a T-shirt size, perfect!
  • Disney Cinemagine Park
Get ready for exactly 47 different ways to pronounce this.

• Disney Legends Park
Probably the best of the dumpster fire list here, not sure if being the best piece of garbage is an accomplishment though.

I agree it is one of the better names in general - but feels like one of the worst fits for this park with all the focus on some of the newer properties under the Disney umbrella.

When I see legends, I would expect a park full of classic Disney stuff (Snow White, Mary Poppins, etc.) - I guess you do have the new Mickey ride but that is about it

All the names stink. To go along with the "kingdom" theme. How about Disney's Movie Kingdom? They'd have
Disney's Magic Kingdom, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney's Movie Kingdom
Doesn't really matter anyway. People will still call it MGM and Hollywood Studios forever. Renaming a park over and over is stupid.

Disney's HollywoodLand - and re-do the entrance to mimic the old "HollywoodLand" sign out in LA (the original one). They get to keep the "land" concept, the "hollywood" brand and...everyone can pronounce it!

All of them give me shudders.

Hyperia is the only one that doesn't sound like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I think there are too many parks with the names of Adventure, Park or Kingdom. Just my opinion, but what about Disney's Hollywood Experience?

I actually like the name, but I get the sense that they are trying to move away from the Hollywood connotation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter