Holy Mouse Ears - At Aulani now!

Diapers of any kind are not allowed in any of the hot tubs OR pools. The only kind allowed are swim diapers. If you ever see any child with a diaper on other than a swim diaper PLEASE let a CM know immediately!

Dude! (or Dudette)! A swim diaper is still a diaper and could still have POOO in it!! The only difference is that they hold together in the water and don't dissolve!!

Dude! (or Dudette)! A swim diaper is still a diaper and could still have POOO in it!! The only difference is that they hold together in the water and don't dissolve!!

Yes, and if you're young enough to need a swim diaper, there is no way that your body is going to be able to regulate it's temperature in a hot tub.

Tears of Joy!!! So glad to hear the infinity hot tub is now adults only. And I did end up seeing my dr. and I DO have a UTI and was told the same thing about hot tubs and children. Member services will be hearing from me about this on-going issue with the hot tubs at the resorts. As I mentioned previously, second time this has happened in the last couple of years. I am not a health professional, but babies and toddlers should NOT be in a hot tub.

And thanks for the pictures of the new pool and such. A whole lot different from when we were there. A little sad about the Starlight Hui being moved....but am looking forward to seeing it again in a few months.

Thanks for this thread.

I just booked 8 nights in a pool view 1BR villa checking in on 25-Mar for us.

Very excited for our first trip.

Hi ! We are checking in April 1 studio pool view , my husband and I for our 30th anniversary. Here's to great weather and a great week!

Iam actually sad to hear the infinity hot tubs are adult only. I was there in Feb and when ever there were kids in there, they were well behaved. Some of the nicest pics of my family and the beautiful sunset were taken in those hotubs.....what I found annoying were the Japanese 20ish girls splashing my daughter and giggling about it.....Disney and "adults only" doesn't work

Iam actually sad to hear the infinity hot tubs are adult only. I was there in Feb and when ever there were kids in there, they were well behaved. Some of the nicest pics of my family and the beautiful sunset were taken in those hotubs.....what I found annoying were the Japanese 20ish girls splashing my daughter and giggling about it.....Disney and "adults only" doesn't work

Totally disagree for health and safety reasons kids should be banned from all hot tubs and the ban enforced. And no I'm not anti kids I have three.

I was there in Feb. too and had the opposite experience you did. TOO MANY very small children during the morning hours, and too many tween age kids jumping from the upper tub to the lower one in the evening hours.

Why does "adults only" and Disney not work? Sure, Disney is for kids, but do they have to be allowed EVERYWHERE? There are 3 other spas they CAN be in. You weren't allowed to take children to the spa garden either, but I feel I shouldn't have to pay $500 for a spa treatment just to be able to enjoy a hot tub where I don't have to worry about getting an infection from small children being in the tub.

Adults only isn't new at Disney establishments anyway. You can't take small children to Victoria and Albert's either. I can't tell you how many nice "date night" signature restaurant meals we have had at Disney that were ruined by inconsiderate people who let their little ones run around in a nice restaurant. Once at Jiko a family with three very unruly children were seated next to us. We couldn't even speak to each other because of the noise, and when our food arrived, a little 3 year old came and hung his nose on the end of our table looking at our food. The last straw was when one of the kids got so worked up, they threw up all over the floor near us. This year we booked V&A's queen's room, so I know we will have a nice quiet meal.

Sorry, I COMPLETELY agree with no kids in the Hot Tubs--especially those with d#mn swim diapers on!!! I just got over a brutal MRSA infection, that was made worse by me getting in a hot tub too soon. Hot tubs left unchecked are cesspools of disease--and don't need any help with a crap-filled swim diaper. My kids are well past the diaper stage, and I don't let them in public hot tubs at all.

Back to the original topic--that resort is unbelievable!!!

Ok some one said they moved the Starlit Hui - where did it used to be before now?

The starlit hui was proably the busiest I had seen on the property. Still was cool. The kids LOVED the craft stations. We sat I guess in the middle right by the arch when you come in.

This was how far we were from the stage, but had a great view.

The show was very pretty - and wasn't typical schmaltzy Disney at all

These 2 Ukelele players were out of this world. I would have loved to hear them more.

I was amazed that the whole show was so traditional Hawaiian. NOT until the very end when they had the dance party and all the characters came on stage did it hit me - HOLY MOUSE EARS, we're at Disney. LOL

I really , really enjoyed our stay at Aulani in case you couldn't tell.

BowlingAriel...the area where the new "family grotto pool" is located used to be a wide expanse of lawn. A stage was set up with the ocean as a backdrop...we would pick up our bamboo mats and then relax and watch the show. Also, the outdoor movie screen was set up there (except the Marriott was the backdrop). Bamboo mats, pillows....dozing while watching the movie. Loved it all. And I am not a big TV watcher, but did watch a few episodes of "Kelly" (formerly Regis & Kelly) because they were doing a wonderful segment filmed there....and it was centered around a couple getting married at that spot (a nice story about how they both lost their "loves"....but found love again).

So I need to ask.....where is the Starlight Hui now? I remember a huge lawn area on the other side of the building (would be behind where Auntie's place and the pre-airport lounge are located). My prediction at that time was that there was already a pool under that lawn area (because in 2012, when the resort was only half-open, you could already see that two pools was not going to accomodate guests). I was totally wrong about that! But from the pictures posted, it looks like the new pool area is great.

LOL....we were posting at the same time. Yes....an incredible show. When we go back in a few months, we are totalling going to skip going to a Luau again (we did Germaine's last time......I'm glad we did, we had a blast; you have to do it once) and just do the buffet at the resort, fill our disney mugs with adult beverages in our room, and go watch the Starlight Hui. Your pictures are getting me very excited about our trip.

LOL....we were posting at the same time. Yes....an incredible show. When we go back in a few months, we are totalling going to skip going to a Luau again (we did Germaine's last time......I'm glad we did, we had a blast; you have to do it once) and just do the buffet at the resort, fill our disney mugs with adult beverages in our room, and go watch the Starlight Hui. Your pictures are getting me very excited about our trip.

I'm also more excited for our trip in Feb! I keep wanting to hit the "Like" button when I read some posts! Ugh

I'm a believer in adults only in hot tubs on property, although my DD7 enjoys, for many reasons already mentioned, it's not a family spot. I would love to see kids faces if a large group of adults went and sat/played in the kiddie areas with the little fountains/):rotfl2:

We are huge Disney fanatics and have been to all the FL resorts and Disneyland. My daughter working for the cruise industry has had the fortune to visit Hong Kong Disney & Tokyo.

As all of our travels have covered, walking into the lobby is awe inspiring. I think they hit a home run with this resort as in making you truly feel "at home"..... what do you think?

We are huge Disney fanatics and have been to all the FL resorts and Disneyland. My daughter working for the cruise industry has had the fortune to visit Hong Kong Disney & Tokyo.

As all of our travels have covered, walking into the lobby is awe inspiring. I think they hit a home run with this resort as in making you truly feel "at home"..... what do you think?

Nice:) Can't wait to be there, have always loved the Polynesian, happy to hear DVC will be there..I think....they took,away my wedding location at Sunset Pointe:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter