Home for the Holidays-Wizards-Grinches and Sparkles. 14 nights @Royal Pacific Resort, Nov/Dec 2021

Who would have thought that booking a hotel for the night before your flight would be the hardest thing to do!!!

And $4000 for 23 days for a car rental??? :eek: WOWZER!!!!! I know car rental prices have gone up, but you only want to use the car, not buy it!!!!

Completely agree. It is usually the simplest of things to do as we know which hotels we like to stay in and do have a choice of several at the airport. But, my goodness this has been the first time ever we`ve struggled. I know we`ll have a bed, but would prefer to have good amenities while we are there.

Oh thankfully they`ve come down since then, but we`re still paying more for a 2 week rental than we paid for the last September we were there, that was almost 4 weeks. Hopefully by next year rates will be more back to what they were before.

And yes, a friend in Orlando said we`d be cheaper buying a car and just leaving it there........I`m sure he was right.

$4000 for a rental Car. Good Lord

It`s laughable really. They were obviously trying to discourage any bookings at all.

Keishashadow pointed us in some other directions that were better, she is excellent with rental car issues......but of course the trip never happened anyway.

It`s laughable really. They were obviously trying to discourage any bookings at all.

Keishashadow pointed us in some other directions that were better, she is excellent with rental car issues......but of course the trip never happened anyway.

Hooray for Keishashadow. Always good to have someone to help you who knows the ins and out. I'm also starting to think I'm in the wrong business

Hooray for Keishashadow. Always good to have someone to help you who knows the ins and out. I'm also starting to think I'm in the wrong business

lol.....she managed to find Brit sites too offering better deals, we cannot book with US companies as you go so far then it directs you back to the more expensive UK sites.

But, least we have a car now....and we do like Alamo, never had any issues with them at MCO for us.

I can't believe the difficulty in finding a pre-night hotel. By definition, that should be the easiest part of your trip. So glad everything else is falling into place. The insurance would have been a worry for sure. Of course you need to be completely covered.

I don't blame you for wanting a quiet, restful night before your flight. It's a very long one and you want to segue into vacation mode! When do you first start to feel the excitement? I am an odd duck and waiting for our uber to the airport I'm already bouncing on my heels :dogdance:

I can't believe the difficulty in finding a pre-night hotel. By definition, that should be the easiest part of your trip. So glad everything else is falling into place. The insurance would have been a worry for sure. Of course you need to be completely covered.

I don't blame you for wanting a quiet, restful night before your flight. It's a very long one and you want to segue into vacation mode! When do you first start to feel the excitement? I am an odd duck and waiting for our uber to the airport I'm already bouncing on my heels :dogdance:

That`s what we thought...click on the hotel and book! It`s crazy how many issues these hotels are having right now.

Kyle says I get far too excited too early, he always says the night before is close enough. But, as soon as our car service arrives to drive us up to Manchester, that`s when the trip really begins.

I can imagine you bouncing in the Uber now.......lol.......

How did I miss you started a new trip report!!!! It's soooo great the boarders are open again!!!

I can't wait to hear more details!!!

:welcome: Pumpkin......

I never bothered to put a link in the San.......

Yes, it is wonderful that International Travel is starting up for so many of us that have been waiting for it. I know Canadians have been in a similar state as us, so yes, good news all round the borders are finally opening back up.

We need to take a Covid test before we can fly, which is understandable, but we have no restrictions or tests on coming back into the UK.

But, glad to see you here......hope you enjoy!! :wave2:

So, we were curious as to what prices would be like later in the year.......not much better, but not $4,000.
[/QUOT
Ummm...yikes. I'm finding it's going to cost us just over 1,000 for around a 9 day rental. If we were not going to be travelling around to different areas, we would just uber around. It's definitely not cheap.
So, we booked a room there for our overnight stay and looks like we`ll keep that one as I`m pretty sure we`ll be cancelling the Radisson.
That is crazy!!!! We have found that several hotels here as well were covid hotels as well. It definitely makes for finding accommodations harder. We are trying to get out flights out of the city dd lives in. There are great connections there for us. We have a very limited number of direct flights on the west.

We still have to test going out, and need a very pricy test 200+ US/ test to return home...YET. We are hopeful that they have lifted the no non-essential travel advisory that they will lift the returning test as well. If we need to get it to return home, we will, but would rather not have to race around to find testing, worry etc etc etc etc.

Hi Schumigirl: I have been reading your reports for a while, and always come away with a happy smile:) I'm so glad you are able to come to the USA now. You will be staying at our favorite Universal Resort, the Royal Pacific. I love it's tropical look and the staff were excellent. Can't wait to hear the rest of your TR.

So great to see this post. Happy that all our friends across the pond can come back, but this post means that life is getting closer to normal. Can't wait to see all that you have planned,

:welcome: Vicki.......I`m so glad to see you here......

Yes, it`s certainly a move forward after such a long time of not being able to travel to the USA......life goes on.

Thank you, hope you enjoy coming along for the ride....... :wave2:

Yes, it seems so many hotels became quarantine places, must have been money in it for them. I wouldn`t mind, but them to deny it seems dodgy to me.

I hope they do drop that expensive test to get home.....I do wonder how reliable the tests are considering you could pick it up after being tested......but, guess we do as we are told......I know I will do whatever it takes to get flying again.

Hi Schumigirl: I have been reading your reports for a while, and always come away with a happy smile:) I'm so glad you are able to come to the USA now. You will be staying at our favorite Universal Resort, the Royal Pacific. I love it's tropical look and the staff were excellent. Can't wait to hear the rest of your TR.

:welcome: along disneyseniors......I am very happy to see you here and glad to hear you have enjoyed some reports before.......

Thank you....we are so happy to be coming back again, finally!!

Oh yes, the RP is very special to us, I`m glad to hear it`s your favourite place too, it can`t be beaten in so many ways, and yes they have the best staff!!!

Hope you enjoy reading and commenting along the way.......:wave2:

Hi 👋 Carole!! I’m so glad I wandered over to the Uni boards and saw your PTR! I am so excited for you, I sure hope it all works and you will be at your happy place soon!
I will be at Universal 12/1-12/3 at Portofino Bay, we got a wonderful AP rate! We must say hello 👋
I have to meet the famous Carole and Tom!
I am sure you are thrilled to be planning a trip again, I am excited to see Universal at Christmas time and all the decorations.
Excited to read more!

Hi 👋 Carole!! I’m so glad I wandered over to the Uni boards and saw your PTR! I am so excited for you, I sure hope it all works and you will be at your happy place soon!
I will be at Universal 12/1-12/3 at Portofino Bay, we got a wonderful AP rate! We must say hello 👋
I have to meet the famous Carole and Tom!
I am sure you are thrilled to be planning a trip again, I am excited to see Universal at Christmas time and all the decorations.
Excited to read more!
View attachment 615788

Well......a very warm :welcome: Caroline........

Oh fingers crossed we do get to say hello!! I`m sure we`ll be able to arrange something, I`m looking forward to that....finally!!! And it`ll be lovely at PBH........

It is fabulous being able to plan again after such a long time, but of course it`s always in the back of our minds that it can be cancelled at any time for several reasons.....hopefully not though......yes, we love all the Holiday things and decorations at Universal, can`t wait to see them all again.

Good to see you though, hope you`re all doing ok.......:wave2:

Hi! So happy for your trip planning. If you happen to plan n informal meet up I hope you post cause I would think that would be fun.
Maybe early morn at the Starbucks in CityWalk with a box of VooDoo Donuts. The outdoor area has plenty seating. And is fun to watch all the guests arriving .
This is going to be fun to have fun with your pre trip planning Fun !

Hi! So happy for your trip planning. If you happen to plan n informal meet up I hope you post cause I would think that would be fun.
Maybe early morn at the Starbucks in CityWalk with a box of VooDoo Donuts. The outdoor area has plenty seating. And is fun to watch all the guests arriving .
This is going to be fun to have fun with your pre trip planning Fun !

:welcome: DL1WDW2

Oh I always post pics of meet ups when I come home and start the report properly, there are so many options for a meet for sure.

Glad to have you along, and hope you enjoy it.....:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter