Homemade Cookies on Carry On Luggage?

Pies with gooey fillings have been known to cause issues sometimes, but cookies are not going to be a problem.

A lot if people don't realize that there aren't really restrictions on food.

Yeah, there are. My mom tried to bring us some pineapple jelly from Hawaii last week and TSA took it. (My dad had tried to convince her to put it in the checked bag, but she wouldn't.)

Any kind of condiment is considered a liquid and must follow the rules for liquids. Same with syrups, etc.

Obviously, this does not apply to cookies. Those would be fine.

Yeah, there are. My mom tried to bring us some pineapple jelly from Hawaii last week and TSA took it. (My dad had tried to convince her to put it in the checked bag, but she wouldn't.)

Any kind of condiment is considered a liquid and must follow the rules for liquids. Same with syrups, etc.

Obviously, this does not apply to cookies. Those would be fine.

Okay, so I should have said solid food. I assumed that everyone realized that liquid food falls under the category of "liquid." My bad.

Okay, so I should have said solid food. I assumed that everyone realized that liquid food falls under the category of "liquid." My bad.

You did not specify...you just said "food."

For all we knew, you were the one who didn't realize that liquid food falls under the category of "liquid" rather than "food," and we were trying to provide clarity for others who may be inexperienced flyers reading this thread.

(And, not everyone realizes the difference. See the anecdotal story about my mom in my post for just 1 example.)

You did not specify...you just said "food."

For all we knew, you were the one who didn't realize that liquid food falls under the category of "liquid" rather than "food," and we were trying to provide clarity for others who may be inexperienced flyers reading this thread.

(And, not everyone realizes the difference. See the anecdotal story about my mom in my post for just 1 example.)
OP poster here...Not that it really matters, but I'm not an "inexperienced flyer". I am guilty however for not not having experience in bringing baked goods on a flight, and chose to ask a simple question here, without expecting sarcastic remarks.
Like I wrote in an earlier post, I should've researched this simple matter myself. Some DISers attitudes with short and snarky replies to general comments are a bit more than I'd like to handle. I've worked in a state prison for almost 24 years, and am hardpressed to speak to Inmates with anything other than respect that we all deserve. Here has been a diferent story, and I believe the same should certainly apply here, and some have fell short. Therefore, this will be my final posting on the DIS. Thanks to those who chose to reply with reason. The others can rip off.
-Mark

Last edited:

OP poster here...Not that it really matters, but I'm not an "inexperienced flyer". I am guilty however for not not having experience in bringing baked goods on a flight, and chose to ask a simple question here, without expecting sarcastic remarks.
Like I wrote in an earlier post, I should've researched this simple matter myself. Some DISers attitudes with short and snarky replies to general comments are a bit more than I'd like to handle. I've worked in a state prison for almost 24 years, and am hardpressed to speak to Inmates with anything other than respect that we all deserve. Here has been a diferent story, and I believe the same should certainly apply here, and some have fell short. Therefore, this will be my final posting on the DIS. Thanks to those who chose to reply with reason. The others can rip off.
-Mark

I never said you were inexperienced. I said that inexperienced flyers may be reading the thread.

The poster I quoted indicated that there really aren't any restrictions on food. This isn't true, as there are a lot of restrictions on liquid food. An inexperienced flyer (or potentially an experienced flyer carrying on food for the first time) might not realize the difference between "liquid" and "food," and I really feel it is important to distinguish the 2. I wasn't even sure that the poster I quoted knew the difference...I couldn't tell based on the initial post she made.

I actually thought the reply I got back was a little snarky, which is why I replied again (the post you quoted above) to explain why I'd commented in the first place.

I'm not sure where I said anything snarky or why you're singling me out.

I actually thought the reply I got back was a little snarky, which is why I replied again (the post you quoted above) to explain why I'd commented in the first place.
FWIW, I wasn't being snarky, I was just admitting that I should have been clearer and explaining why I wasn't.

Obviously, it's very difficult to read tone on a message board. For the record: that wasn't intended to be snarky, either

Not that it really matters, but I'm not an "inexperienced flyer".

No one said you were.

But there are ALWAYS lurkers now and in the future who should get all the info in a clear manner. So they don't assume.

As for snarky answers, I saw one response that you read as snark but I read as a serious question. What was it that caused you to wonder if cookies were a problem? If you had answered that perhaps a broader convo could have started. But you thought she was saying it was a stupid question and didn't answer further. She simply asked a question.

For this thread to be the end of your time on the Dis, when you got a ton of really good answers, seems...an overreaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter