Honestly What about the Contemporary?

cpayne1997

Breanna and Austin's Mommy...Greg's Honey!
We are planning a trip in late september to WDW and are Military and b/c SOG is closed we got a $73 rate at the Contemporary in the North Garden wing. I have not seen many comments on this resort maybe I am looking in the wrong place or is it awful?? I need to book soon and that is the best rate I could get. Need info and help!!:Pinkbounc Thank You

We have stayed at CR 3 times and always in the North Garden wing. Never willing to pay the price of the tower and the north wing has more non smoking wings. Its closer to the fast food, and walk to MK. We always resquest a 1st floor for the patio, then a water pagent view and if that's not avail then a playground view. Can you tell we have young kids.

My family loved this resort. It was (is) their favorite out of all the monoail resorts, we stayed at them all. I said was b/c we are now DVC members but the contemporary is great!

$73 a night is a phenomenal rate for the Contemporary! You will be staying at Mickey's House! Seriously, we have stayed in the Tower, the North Wing and most recently the South Wing and have never been disappointed. We prefer the North Wing to the South, however! You will love the slide at the pool - also there are two hot tubs in the pool complex! The North Wing is just a few steps away from the entrance to the Food and Fun Center - which has the best arcade on property! Take the escalators up to the 4th floor Concourse - great restaurants and shopping! They also have a fantastic pin kiosk there - and pin trading nights on Fridays, including a special place for the kids. Chef Mickey's has the premier character meal for breakfast and dinner! We love it there. Never eaten at the Concourse Steakhouse, but heard it is good as well. You can also watch the fireworks at MK from the observation patio on the 4th floor. If you have a seating at the California Grill - watch them from the observation deck there - it is awesome, you are on top of the world.
If you are going to the MK, it's just a short 5-10 minute walk from the North Garden Wing, and then after your long tiring day - hop on the resort monorail home - CR is the first stop! When you are heading to/from the monorail - check out the mural - extra pixie dust to the first one who spots the 5 legged goat!

Enjoy-

Stayed in the tower in 9/01 -- LOVED IT! The best trip we ever had. Nothing like rolling out of bed into Chef Mickey's, eating and walking to MK in less than 10 min. What a great rate!

We're staying at the CR through SOG in March, I'll give a review when I get back!

$73 to stay in the Contemporary? My goodness, grab it up!!!

After our stay in the Contemporary last January, it is now our favorite resort. It may not be much to look at from the exterior, but the interior is very energizing. We loved the bright rooms, the size of the rooms, and especially the bathrooms. The walk to and from the main building (we stayed in the South Garden Wing, overlooking Bay Lake) took about 5 minutes, and was less than most of the moderates in which we have stayed. The transporation was fantastic, and being within walking distance of the MK was a great bonus!

We loved the restaurants, the game room, the coffee bar (always got our morning cup of Joe there on our way to the parks).

We had met nothing but wonderful CM's.

We consider the Contemporary Mickey's resort, and a true icon of the original WDW!

What a great rate! We stayed at the CR Tower (Club Level) over New Year's last year, and I don't even want to think about how much more than that we paid! You are getting a great rate to stay at a great resort --- you'll have such a great time! As I see it, it's Walt's original. :)

We stayed at the tower club 5/01 and LOVED it!!!! My DS was 1 yrs old and it was the perfect resort for us. Stroller was able to glide on and off monorail w/o waking DS if he was napping. We would take monorail back each noon to nap DS and swim. At night we put DS pj's on and rode the monrail looking at lights and fireworks. He would usually be asleep by 2nd loop. The lobby area w/ all the stores was great DS could walk around and look at all the people and shops at night before bed and it was a short elevator ride up to our room. Oh and did I mention our room had a fabulous view of Cinderella's Castle. DS loved watching fireworks from our balcony and watching castle turn colors. Everynight we feel asleep watching the castle glow and in the morning it was first thing we saw. AWESOME! We had breakfast the last day at Chef Mickey's it was unbelievable, all the charactors were there - Mickey,Minnie Chip, Dale, Pluto and Goofy. Goofy put DS on his lap and played pat a cake w/him. Great picture. Its funny b/c I didn't think I would enjoy the Contemp. I am a Victorian or English cottage decor person. Not into modern architecture or decor at all. And its not very"Disney" in its themeing but I loved it for some of the reasons stated above. Its a real gem and one that seems underappreciated. Go and have a magical time

Hi,
We also have stayed at the CR NGW via SoG and really liked it! I can't really add anymore info than what the other posters have already contributed, but I wanted to reassure you that it is really and truly an awesome deal.

If it interests you, book a "preferred view" room when you call, For only $10/night extra, it will guarantee you a ground floor, lake view room. This is what we did and plan to do on our next trips. It was so awesome, we could actually watch the Electrical Water pageant from our bed!

We are going back in March....Read on and if you have any questions, please ask!

We loved the Contemporary. Now, you have to remember that we have never been to WDW before, so they could have put us into a crate in an alley and we would have been great with that!

We stayed on the second floor of the NGW and would gladly do so again. In fact, we have scheduled our next trip so we take advantage of the SoG rates at the CR one more time. Only 308 days to go!

I have read lots of posts from folks complaining about the lack of “themeing” at the CR. Well, not a lot to compare it with, we thought it was very contemporarily themed. My teen loved the room and is making plans to decorate her own room in a similar way.

Our room overlooked the lake and beach area. We were able to watch the fireworks nearly every night—even when they woke us up at 12:35 a.m.! We could easily see the spires of Space Mountain. We loved the easy walk to MK. Many times we were the only ones walking so it was nice and relaxing. The kids really got a kick out of reading the bricks on the walkway.

Our room was spotless. The bathroom was very clean – no grunge anywhere and I looked! We even spent some time studying the carpets in our hallway because of the crazy patterns and they were pretty clean.

The food court was okay and everyone loved the arcade. We invested in the refillable mugs. It was nice to go down and get a cold drink or a cup of coffee and not worry about, “Oh, geez! That’s another $2.34 out of the budget!” The kids split cheeseburgers and fries a couple of times with no problem—plenty of food.

Everyone was very pleasant. Housekeeping, grounds crew, transportation, food service, the SoG personnel that we went up and chatted with--everybody. The CR staff was just great. I told my DH that I felt like the poor cousin that was coming for a visit to the rich relatives, but we were never treated that way.

The kids loved the pools and thought it was the coolest thing in the whole universe to have the monorail come right into “their” resort. We watched the electric boat parade from the pool one night. DD and I took the boat to Ft. Wilderness and WL one afternoon while the guys napped. DD (13) took the monorail by herself a couple of times to check out the shopping at the Poly and GF.

The shops on the 4th floor are great. They have a little bit of everything--I picked up a Mickey wire wisk! Oh! And we loved staying on-site because it was so nice not to fight traffic or pay parking or waste time driving. We also really enjoyed being able to send our in-park purchases to the resort so we didn’t have to lug them around all day. My DH loved the “charge it to my room” feature. He said he always wanted to say that!

All of this for only $66 a night plus tax! I’ll take it any day!

If you have any questions, please ask and I will try my best to answer.

We were also a SoG relocation & loved the CR. Going back again in April. It is so convenient to MK. So many nights some of the adults in our party would venture down to the hot tub to relax. :smooth:

You have gotten more than enough positive comments about it. I would jump at that rate & book your trip. :)

Don't pass that rate up.I wouldn't care if they gave me a tent on the steps for that rate.LOL We stayed at the CR over Halloween this past year and enjoyed it.Have fun:)

The Contemporary is amazing! The food court, arcade, pool, restaurants, monorail accessory to MK and Epcot is sooo awesome.

BTW, if you get that Lake View room, you can see the Electrical Light Pageant on Bay Lake at night. That was one of the highlights of our stay. Lying in bed, and watching the parade... truly magical!

Thank you soooo much for all of the wonderful, wonderful comments on CR. I WILL be booking my rooms there first thing Monday morning!!!!! Only 252 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter