Honey I Shrunk Aventure Zone

Jackie H.

It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how!
RE: The Honey I Shrunk the Kids Adventure Zone at Disney Studios.

Do you guys let your kids just go in there and play - while the adults sit outside? If so, what age are your kids?

I am always leary of leaving my kids unattended like that - especially there because you can't see much (if any) of the inside from where we would sit. But then again, they are getting older now and I guess they don't want Mom & Dad following there every step of the way.

I wanted to find our what others have done.

I think that most parents go in. There are always tons of parents standing around. You don't have to follow them every step if they don't want you to. Just hang a few steps back, and when they climb something, you stay at the bottom.

We went in with our two year old and three year old. They were really (especially the two year old) too little to handle it unattended (particularly the web), and so we had a parent follow each child - which the facility really isn't built for.

I think this is a great attraction when your kids are five and seven, but not when they are two and three (although my son would disagree, he was in heaven).

One warning: once your kids go in you may never be able to get them out. Don't go in shortly before you plan on going to see a show, esp if it's the last show of the day.

When my sister was 5 and 6, I went in with her, but did not climb around and play. I picked a spot near something recognizable and let her play freely. We had a deal where she would go and do 3-4 things and then come check in with me. This allowed me to keep an eye on her and also not have to chase her down when it was time to leave.

I saw a lot of parents that wouldn't let their 5-7 year olds play at all because they couldn't/wouldn't follow them through the attraction. The kids were upset because they had been shown a great play area and then told they couldn't play on it.

If your kids can be trusted not to leave the area entirely, then let them roam. Or you could sit near the entrance/exit so that you know they won't run out. Also, there is a counter service area with tables right near the entrance so you could always wait there while they play as long as they know where to find you when you're done.

You do have to check if you wait "outside" to be sure there aren't multiple exits. Several of the things you can climb in and out different ways.

I'd recommend going pretty early in the morning before it gets really crowded.

My kids are 7 and 10 and we went in with them and played. It was great. I am only 5'1" so I followed my daughter all around. I felt like a kid. It was great fun. I even climbed onto the Big Ant with them and my husband took out picture. It was a great opportunity to just play with the kids. We even saw a number of adults climbing up the rop structure. It was hysterical watching them try and keep up with the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter