Honeymoon at aulani

wdwdano@yahoo.com

Theme Park Commando
As anyone ever honeymooned at Aulani? Worth it? Can anyone recommend it? We are looking to go late oct 2014. Your thoughts are welcome of course!

I have a trip planned to Hawaii in April and plan on staying there a couple nights just so I can say did it. I'll let you know what its like when i get back. I am renting a condo at Maui for a couple weeks before I go over to Oahu. I didn't use an agent though so I am a little worried about the location of the condo. I hope it's in a nice area. Maybe I'll go through an agent I know for the Aulani part.

We didn't honeymoon at Aulani, but LOVED the resort. Also if you do go there, the spa is seriously incredible. We ended up going there twice we loved it so much. It's such a calm quiet place and the treatments were wonderful. I highly recommend the kilikili treatment.

Heidi

As much as I love Aulani, I would recommend Grand Hyatt Kauai as a more romantic honeymoon destination.

we spent half our honeymoon there and absolutely loved it! you'd have to be ok having kids/families around though.

we spent the other half of our honeymoon at Ritz Carlton on Maui, while we loved Maui itself the Ritz Carlton was a let down, especially being it was after Aulani.

would recommend breaking it up like we did (4 days at Aulani and 4 days on Maui ) which was perfect (apart from the Ritz Carlton)

feel free to message me if you have any specific questions.

hope that helps

We honeymooned at Aulani in October 2011 and loved it. I would choose a one bedroom over a studio. It was wonderful!!

Kelly

We were just there and I think it would be a great place for a honeymoon. Yes, there are many kids and families there (we had our kids) but there is a good-sized adult only pool. It's tucked away, and very private (and under-used). There's also a bar at that pool. There is an adult-only hot tub, but it is in a different location, and more crowded.

We had 6 people, three generations, in a 2 bedroom villa. It was amazing how great the soundproofing is -- we never heard anyone else if we had the balcony doors closed. So the rooms/villas are very private and chances are you won't hear screaming kids or anything like that.

The spa is AMAZING. Seriously incredible, you can easily spend many hours there before and after a spa treatment. They have special couples only massages too, in dedicated rooms. There were at least 3 weddings while we were there, so I assume like many hotels in Hawaii (DH and I were married on Maui), there is a wedding coordinator who you might want to talk to about honeymooning there.

It's a fabulous resort. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter