Honeymoon Package Photo Session

Special K

Earning My Ears
Kim:earsgirl: + Greg:earsboy: = LOVE, KISSES, & HUGS

We are on our way to WDW for our 4 time and more importantly for our honeymoon in October 2002. We are planning on the Honeymoon photo session. Our major problem is...
:confused: What theme park is the absolute best park
to have them taken at?

My soon to be DH and I love the studios it is our favorite park. Magic Kingdom is so MAGICAL. Epcot has all the beautiful countries. Animal Kingdom? I think that is the only one we are sure we do not want to do. It seems like everytime we are there we are sweating like two pigs at a luao.

Any advice you may have? Any photos?

Also is there any ideas on how to get noticed for being honeymooners with out having to wear the hats. We just are not hat people. A pin maybe?

I appreciate any help you can offer.

:tongue: IT'S SO CLOSE I CAN HARDLY STAND IT!

They sell bride and groom pins that you can wear as an alternate to the hats.

The Studios is my favorite park too, but I'd choose the Magic Kingdom. Just gotta love that castle! The countries at Epcot are nice, but just don't say Disney to me. The Studios is great, especially this year with the Sorcerer hat, but I just keep coming back to the castle. It's quintessential Disney World!

Just my opinion!
Lori

My FH and I are leaving on the 22nd for our honeymoon, and we chose Magic Kingdom for the photos. I debated with him at first, but then I realized (as was his point) that MK was the original park, and the castle was an alluring part. But you need to pick where you would prefer to have your pictures. I'd say that either the Studios or MK would be the best place. I agree with Lori about Epcot not really saying Disney.

We are also doing ours at MK. We love the castle! It is just so magical. We wanted to do the one in our wedding attire, but just can't justify the cost so we asked our photographer to take a lot of just us two after the ceremony at Sunset Point then at the Poly and on to the GF. This way we get some sun, sand, elegant, and location all at once. And then we will do "dressy casual" at the park. One person suggested be dressed a little nicer than comfortable close - the pictures will turn out better.

P.S. When is the wedding ours is also October.

Good Luck
Monica & Jay
10/29/02
Sunset Pointe :wave:

FH and I also chose MK for ours (Jodi, I can't wait to see pics and hear all about it when you get back!!! :) ) We also bought the pins (I got them off e-bay) as well as the hats sicne FH doens't not want to wear the hats all the time. I was also thinking of wearing our bride & groom t-shirts we bought ourselves (not Disney but still say who we are)

We did ours at the World Showcase in Epcot. We got some really really cute pictures. One of the best things about it was that we were in the World Showcase before it was open. There were some landcaping people around, and a few people walking around in suits, but other than that it was just us.

First of all...congratulations! :)

We went on our honeymoon at wdw and then the disney wonder from 6/16 until 6/23---
We did our pictures at MK and I must say... there was no better place to do it...
Our photographer met us at guest services at an appointed time and then walked with us throughout the ENTIRE park- He opened some gates and let us walk in places other guests were not allowed to walk just so he could get some good shots of us- We even got to cut in line to go take pictures with Mickey at his little house....

It was also really nice that after it was all over, he gave us a business card and on it there was a web address and password- We were told we'd be able to preview the pictures at http://albums.proshots.com/disney within 10 business days...
low and behold, they were there when we got back... it was kind of nice to see them ahead of time...
and they say it takes about 4-6 weeks to get the finished album...

with regards to hats... we did see a few couples throughout the week wearing them... but we didn't... we bought pins and wore them EVERY day... people did notice...... but it wasn't as blatantly obvious as it would have been if we wore the hats... we thought them to be too much hassle to deal with in the heat!!

I don't know if ANY of this info is in the least bit helpful... but there ya go :)

Enjoy!! if u have any questions feel free to ask.... u can email me NYYankeeBeliever@aol.com

~Lauren

My fiancee and I are thinking about doing the photo package for our Honeymoon.....It's almost 2 years away....but we still gotta plan. I think we would definitley go with the MK. Even though I love the other parks, the MK has a magical atmosphere that no other park holds. Just think of how beautiful the castle will be and other parts of the MK. That's just my opinion though!

:D

I agree with my sweety. We love all of the parks, but Magic Kingdom is our first love. We will opt to have our photos done there because it's......well.....Magical. I can already imagine how great the pictures will come out. Good luck on your decision and Congratulations!

Mickey76 :D

How much should I expect to pay a Disney Photographer? Should I use a Disney photographer or hire someone else? I would like to have the castle in the background of my pictures. Can I have that with out renting out the park for $40,000?

I definitely want to do the Pics at the Magic Kingdom, the castle is awesome. I also love the pic they show in dumbo, with the just married sign on it. did anyone do this?

Lauren-n-Jeff -
Since you already did the photos, I will ask you some questions?
what time did you take the photos at? How long did the photographer stay with you? How many pics would you say they took?
Did you take the Dumbo shoot?
Did you think it was worth it?
We are also looking to do a week stay at WDW and then a week cruise, do you have any advice for us?
What resort did you stay in?
Sorry to overwhelm you with questions

thanks for any help
Kimberly

Melissa,
Since you're getting married at WDW, they offer a wedding photo shoot in the park of your choice. It's usually at 6 am or so, for the MK photos, before the park opens, and these are usually taken the day after your wedding, although some people opt for them the day of the wedding to help meet custom minimums.
They take photos of the couple in front of the castle, inside the castle, on the castle balcony, on the carousel horses, and will even do them inside the teacups. For 2002, the MK photo shoot costs $725, and the Epcot photo shoot is $500 (these prices aren't for the honeymoon photos - they're for wedding couples in full wedding regalia and are only available to FTW brides).
A honeymoon photo session in regular clothing costs $295 for 2002.
If you were wondering about prices for photography during your wedding, there are 2 intimate wedding photo packages, one for $770 and one from $1000-1500 (again, 2002 prices).
We are going with an outside photographer, Randy Chapman, for our wedding photos. He is much more reasonably priced than Disney, comes highly recommended by the Disneymooner brides, and includes the negatives in his packages. We met with Randy in April and liked his personality & his work. If you're interested, his webpage is www.chapmanphotography.com and he is also listed in the Vendor list at www.yourfairytale.com
Cheers!
Heather P

I'm so disapointed. The Honeymoon pictures option for the 2003 package has been decreased to 2 5x7 pictures at the park of your choice. I was so excited to get the 20 pictures in the nicely bound book, but according to WDTCO, this is the new photograph option in the Dreamaker Romance Package. Just wanted to share with everyone. Should I just call Disney Event Productions and schedule a shoot on my own and cancel the romance package? Thanks-

ReneeDisney
I am disappointed also, Do you know if you can get the 20 pic photo shoot thru another package or seperately. This is one of the main reasons i wanted to be in Disney for my honeymoon, this really stinks. 2 pictures, thats nothing.

Well if you find out anything else please let us know, and thanks for the heads up.

bye
kimberly

Hello!

We just got our album back from the honeymoon session. I'm not happy with the pictures at all. First of all, I'm a really bad squinter, and the pictures are horrible. Secondly, the album (after looking through one time) is starting to fall apart. I'm not terribly happy with them, but maybe you will be! It's all in personal taste I think!

Hi we're not having a Disney wedding but we are going to disney on our honeymoon. can we purchase the 20 photo session? I would love those pics!! Does someone have some they can show me? I'd really like the dumbo one!

Alex:earsgirl: + John:earsboy: = Love, kisses & hugs

They can offer a photo shoot for your choice of the park. I'll be choosing MK because it's the best park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter