Hong Kong Disney Photos - July 2014 - UPDATED

Thankyou!

How exciting you got to cut the ribbon on such a special day! How did you get chosen?? Did you get any gifts or experiences in addition to the opening?

I didn't get to the hotels... it's already a regret :guilty:

I was stalking them to get chosen! Its a funny story actually, we stayed at the Disney Hotel for 8 nights and had entry for the duration of our stay. It didn't take me long to realise they chose 'special' people every morning to open the park! The last day of our trip, we were on a mission (or maybe I was :rotfl: to get chosen) So we rocked up very early and hung the gates. A staff member approached and started chatting, this was a good sign! But my kids were not engaging with him, maybe too early! :confused3 So he found another family who's kids were really outgoing and actually looked excited to be there, and they got chosen to open the main entry. I filmed the part where Mickey etc arrive in their car to do the opening but not the family, I was so fired up about it (I know I am immature) We walked into the park, I was grumpy! Then I decided I wanted to get the train on film when it went past, so I was standing near the bridge forever waiting for the train, pressed rec when it was coming only to realise the bridge covered the majority of the train, I had a grumble on camera, and turned around to see my husband was talking to a CM, who wanted to know if our family would like to open fantasy land, we'll my face went from really annoyed to overjoyed immediately!! :cheer2: The kids got special Disneyland helper certificates and some stickers etc, I was just happy to have the photos of opening the park, and special photos with the characters with no body else behind us in front of the castle and special anniversary statues!

As Disney says, Dreams do come true :cool1::rotfl: - That's my story!

thanks for all the photos, they are all great... and the one with food prices are helping a lot with planing/budgeting... and I can see lots of merchandises that I want to buy:goodvibes

We were there with our kids several years ago. The kids were 6 and 3 at the time, so HKDL was just about right for them. The first day we went to the park, I misread the opening time and we were there almost an hour before opening. I was in trouble with the boss-lady -- until a nice young man came and asked us to be the first family to enter the park and help with the opening! :dance3: There were lots of stickers for the kids and photos of the opening with the CMs from the front gate. The certificate they presented us with is page #1 in the scrap book from that vacation.

Your photos brought back lots of memories - but one was the sticker shock. Once I got used to the 7-1 exchange rate, the prices were very reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter