Hong Kong Disneyland – Questions?

Hi! I love your story! I felt excited for you when you wrote that you received a letter from Disneyland!

I have always wanted to go to Disney Land, and I begged my parents when I was little. Finally, my mom took me to Hong Kong, and she told me there was Disney Land there and that we could go! I HAD NO IDEA! This was three years ago. I was 20. Then I was hooked.

Only my mom and I went. My brother and my dad were at home because they had work, my brother had school. Last year I went to Disney World because my brother has never been anywhere Disney. This summer, I got to go on a Disney Cruise to Alaska, at the end of November this year, I am going to Hong Kong Disneyland!

What sort of special Christmas stuff do they have? Will they have Christmas in November? I've never done Christmas in Disney before, but I always watched the parade when it came on TV, hahaha! Also, what's the crowd like on the last week of November? And what's your favourite place to eat? i'm so excited!

Hi Rob! Your posts are soo helpful in planning our trip. Q- we are going to do a split stay, 2 nights & 1 day at Disney and then into Hong Kong. We are staying at Disney for our daughter's birthday and got an email saying we can order a cake and little party package. Is there a rest. in the park that we can do it ON her birthday or only at Hollywood Hotel which we are staying in but weren't going to return from the Park for dinner. So do it the night before? I did read through your rest .reports and they def. helped.

Thanks in advance!

Going to Hong Kong Disneyland is a dream of ours! Maybe someday. Must be so cool to live right there and be able to visit so often. I'm just curious what took you to Hong Kong and if you speak the language now, which seems like it would make it so much easier to enjoy the parks...

I hope you're still out there and will have a chance to update us!

We will be cruising out of HK at the beginning of April next year and want to add on some time in DL before we sail, so would we need 1 or 2 days in the park? We would also like to stay on site, would we get a better deal booking now or closer to the time? Are there any perks to staying on site, like extra hours? Any other tips?

Hi Rob,

Thanks for sharing your tips with everyone! I too am a mad Disney fan and have visited all the Disney parks in the world.

We're taking my our 3-year-old twins to Hong Kong Disneyland from 20-25 November and staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Is this a generally busy or quiet time over there? Should we aim for certain rides early on before it gets to busy?

This is a first trip to Disneyland for me with small children. I last went to HK Disney in 2008 and thought it was great for character interactions. Are there any must-dos for people with small children? What about the recreational lake area next to the park - is that any good to visit?

Also, do you know anything about the Storytime Play Centre at the Disney Hotel? It seems great and I thought my kids might enjoy it there.

TIA!!

Thanks for your post. I am planning on taking my partner with me for a Disneyland HK vacation. I am now looking forward to push this plan of mine! :D

Hi Rob,

Also, do you know anything about the Storytime Play Centre at the Disney Hotel? It seems great and I thought my kids might enjoy it there.

TIA!!

I don't have children but I just got back from a weekend at HKDL and stayed at the DL hotel. I did notice on the events flyer they pass out that there were hourly activities for kids, such as learning how to make towel animals and bedtime stories in English, Cantonese and Mandarin, all with specific times listed per language. Hope that helps.

Hi

Does anybody know if disneyland HongKong also have the service for handicapt perons? I have been to WDW and Dl and having a anualpass for paris and in all those parcs I was able to get a gast assistens card or easy assec pass but I don't know if the have a kind of that in Hong Kong. We going to Dl Hong Kong at the end of this mont and will go to the park on Halloween evening and later that week also but I normally can't stand for long in lines because of my illness?

So does anybody know?

I don't have children but I just got back from a weekend at HKDL and stayed at the DL hotel. I did notice on the events flyer they pass out that there were hourly activities for kids, such as learning how to make towel animals and bedtime stories in English, Cantonese and Mandarin, all with specific times listed per language. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the update CaliBear!

A friend and his daughter will be visiting HKDL one day on their week long trip to China. They'll be there at the end of March. What will the crowds be like? Should they visit on a specific day of the week for less crowds? Do they have fireworks every evening?

When I visit DLR or WDW, I like to go at rope drop and get in as many rides until lunch, then take it easy in the park with entertainment or shopping, or even go back to my hotel for resting or swimming. Then, I'd come back to the park for dinner and to watch nighttime shows/fireworks. Would that kind of schedule work at HKDL?

Are there Fast Passes at the park? Are there areas or specific rides to start with so that you can stay ahead of the crowds?

It looks like pin trading is practiced there. My friend's daughter might enjoy that.

Loving all the info here, thanks for sharing. Eagerly awaiting answers from HKB to some of the questions! We'll be there in April of this year!

A friend and his daughter will be visiting HKDL one day on their week long trip to China. They'll be there at the end of March. What will the crowds be like? Should they visit on a specific day of the week for less crowds? Do they have fireworks every evening?

When I visit DLR or WDW, I like to go at rope drop and get in as many rides until lunch, then take it easy in the park with entertainment or shopping, or even go back to my hotel for resting or swimming. Then, I'd come back to the park for dinner and to watch nighttime shows/fireworks. Would that kind of schedule work at HKDL?

Are there Fast Passes at the park? Are there areas or specific rides to start with so that you can stay ahead of the crowds?

It looks like pin trading is practiced there. My friend's daughter might enjoy that.

I'm planning a visit there for the end of March as well! I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can. I'm a new AP holder for HKDL!

I'm not sure what the crowds will be like, but since there are no major holidays in Hong Kong or China during that time, I wouldn't expect the crowds to be heavy. Weekdays are always the best time to go. I would expect heavy crowds on the weekend.

Yes, they have fireworks every evening but they are nowhere near as spectacular as Wishes.

Your schedule would work wonderfully for HKDL. There are even LESS people that go commando like us at the parks, which means that mornings are very empty. It's possible to get in almost all the major rides by lunch time as there are virtually no lines.

There are FPs at the park, but only for a few rides such as Space Mountain and Buzz LightYear's Ranger Spin. You can check the English HKDL website for a list.

The best area to start in is Toy Story Land and the back of the park and then make your way to the front of the park through the new Mystic Point and Grizzly Gulch. Even if Space Mountain in a must-do, FPs are available until mid-afternoon. When I went during the New Year holidays, we were able to get FPs for Space Mountain until 4pm.

Keep in mind, Asians would rather stick together than split up so Single-Rider lines are almost always empty.

Pin trading is a lot of fun in HKDL as they produce a lot of pins that can't be bought in the American parks.

Hope this helps!

Hi Rob,

Thanks for sharing your tips with everyone! I too am a mad Disney fan and have visited all the Disney parks in the world.

We're taking my our 3-year-old twins to Hong Kong Disneyland from 20-25 November and staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Is this a generally busy or quiet time over there? Should we aim for certain rides early on before it gets to busy?

This is a first trip to Disneyland for me with small children. I last went to HK Disney in 2008 and thought it was great for character interactions. Are there any must-dos for people with small children? What about the recreational lake area next to the park - is that any good to visit?

TIA!!

I want to see as many charactors as possible did you get a lot of pictures and did they have different costumes to USA.? thanks

I'm planning a visit there for the end of March as well! I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can. I'm a new AP holder for HKDL!

I'm not sure what the crowds will be like, but since there are no major holidays in Hong Kong or China during that time, I wouldn't expect the crowds to be heavy. Weekdays are always the best time to go. I would expect heavy crowds on the weekend.

Yes, they have fireworks every evening but they are nowhere near as spectacular as Wishes.

Your schedule would work wonderfully for HKDL. There are even LESS people that go commando like us at the parks, which means that mornings are very empty. It's possible to get in almost all the major rides by lunch time as there are virtually no lines.

There are FPs at the park, but only for a few rides such as Space Mountain and Buzz LightYear's Ranger Spin. You can check the English HKDL website for a list.

The best area to start in is Toy Story Land and the back of the park and then make your way to the front of the park through the new Mystic Point and Grizzly Gulch. Even if Space Mountain in a must-do, FPs are available until mid-afternoon. When I went during the New Year holidays, we were able to get FPs for Space Mountain until 4pm.

Keep in mind, Asians would rather stick together than split up so Single-Rider lines are almost always empty.

Pin trading is a lot of fun in HKDL as they produce a lot of pins that can't be bought in the American parks.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!

Quick follow up question . . .

FPs: How do they work? Same as Disneyland (must return during window of time, can get a new one when your current window starts or at two hours out)?

I want to see as many charactors as possible did you get a lot of pictures and did they have different costumes to USA.? thanks

For character costumes, the princesses, Woody, Buzz, and Jessy have the same costumes as US.

For Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Daisy, Donald: if you visit during holiday times, they have special costumes different from US. (Holiday times include: Chinese New Year, Halloween and Christmas) During other times, they have the regular costumes, same as those in US.

As a future first time visitor to HK Disneyland in April 2014, I have a few questions for which answers would be greatly appreciated.

Do they distribute the "First Time Visitor" badges like at DisneyWorld?

Do they sell the Mickey Ear headbands or hats? And, if so, do they have any styles which are unique to Hong Kong Disneyland?

Do they sell any "Hong Kong Disneyland" branded snowglobes (aka water globes)?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Do they distribute the "First Time Visitor" badges like at DisneyWorld?

I am also visiting for the first time in April but from what I've read, no there are not first time visitor badges for HKDL. I think it's even a pain to get birthday badges there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter