Hong Kong Disneyland Half Marathon

mytripsandraces

DIS Veteran
Is anyone else running it? I've been going back and forth with HKDL hotel reservations and now they're full the night before the race. Does anyone have experience with the hotels? Is it likely a room will become available? Thanks!

It's not a runDisney event. It's for UNICEF and runs around the parks. I don't know if it's still open for registration, though. The packet pick-up has already happened, even though the race isn't for 2 weeks.

It's not a runDisney event. It's for UNICEF and runs around the parks. I don't know if it's still open for registration, though. The packet pick-up has already happened, even though the race isn't for 2 weeks.

That's ok, I'm not ready to run a half marathon yet anyway. Do they have other distances? Just wondering about it for next time - it would be awesome if I could fly only 8 hours to a Disney run instead of 14 :goodvibes Is it an annual thing? Is there a website with more info about it? How did you find out about it (so I can keep an eye out too)?

There's a website and a facebook page.

http://run.unicef.org.hk/

I'm training for the Dopey, so it has to be the half for me. They've been running it since at least 2010, which is when I learned of it while I was there. I'll try to remember to post back here about it when I get back.

I was there for the 10km run, Mickey was in the first bend wearing some sort of blue safari looking costume and giving high fives.

I didn't see Mickey in the half marathon. We started really early, though. It was much hotter and humid than I'm used to, but running along the bay was beautiful! I might run the 10k on a future weekend there, but I probably wouldn't do the half.

10km is about the most distance I would consider entering anyway, due to problems with my legs. But I hadn't thought about the heat/humidity factor! Good point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter