• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hong Kong Disneyland's 4 lands?

It was my impression that this was going to be a very light park upon opening.

I assume we can get some sense of likely attractions from the teaser references (tarzan, lion king, pooh, alice in wonderland, dumbo, and Buzz lightyear). I don't think there are supposed to be any original rides, but clones redone with a more local orientation.

I posted the following a while back. It was from an "insider" on the laughingplace boards. So far, it looks like this rumor might just be fact...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Hong Kong Disneyland opens in late '05 or early '06 (some infrastructure delays have put the opening in a bit of flux from it's original "October, 2005" date), Hong Kong will NOT have a Pirates of the Caribbean. It will not have a Haunted Mansion. It will not have a Small World, an Indy, a Splash Mountain, or a Big Thunder Mountain. It will be a very different type of "Disneyland" than what you would probably assume.

The opening day roster of attractions for Hong Kong Disneyland is as follows:

Main Street USA
-Disneyland Railroad
-Main Street vehicles

Tomorrowland
-Space Mountain (Paris version)
-Buzz Lightyer Space Ranger Spin
-Rocket Jes

Fantasyland
-Carousel
-The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh (WDW/Disneyland version)
-Mad Hatter's Tea Party (teacups)
-Dumbo The Flying Elephant
-Mickey's Philharmagic (3D Movie coming to WDW next year)

Adventureland
-Raft's to Tarzan's Island
-Tarzan's Treehouse (on the island)
-Pocahontas Canoes
-River Boats (A cross between Jungle Cruise and Keelboats that travel around the Rivers of Adventure alongwith the Canoes. AA's and Show scope from standard Jungle Cruise will not be used however. Limited show scenes.)
-Lion King Theater (Fantasyland Theater type venue)

That is the opening day roster of attractions for Hong Kong Disneyland in it's entirety. It will be a very limited interpretation of a "Disneyland" or "Magic Kingdom" type Park upon opening.

Also, this quote from a recent WDI Design Guideline document may help you understand the scale, scope and environment that Hong Kong Disneyland will present to it's Guests throughout the Park.

"Fantasyland recreates the 'Medieval Faire' atmosphere of the original Disneyland (i.e., the Anaheim version) with banners, flags and tent-like structures."

Basically, it's a recreation of the 1955 Fantasyland, with flat painted walls and simple facility structures decorated with flags and banners. The lushly designed "village" Fantasyland of 1983, or the similar Disneyland Paris version of 1992, will not be built in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong Disneyland will be very different from what most Americans currently expect from modern Disney Parks, especially one branded as a "Disneyland".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only one E-Ticket (Space Mountain)?????????????

At least it will be the Paris version.

Disney simply cannot be this stupid. The only thing that I can think of is that development costs are getting so big, so fast, that a park simply cannot make any money unless costs are drastically reduced.

From what I read, they are very disappointed with the attendance at the new paris park, and we all know about DCA. At least the Paris park looks like they tried for fewer, better attractions. DCA is more but cheaper ones and it really shows.

I cannot imagine that they would continue to want to continue that trend.

Check out this page on wdwmagic.com: http://www.wdwmagic.com/hong_kong.htm According to that site Hong Kong DIsneyland will have 6 lands including Main street. I guess they've cut back drastically since that was released. If they did build what they said in the link Hong Kong Disneyland could be the best one out there. I guess it's no more. :(

oh Disney can be this stupid..they have already proven it!! -Cris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter