Hong Kong no Phooey TR (Apr 2012)! The Yee's have it....TR finish #1101, 07/09

Hi Tara. Thanks for stopping by.

If you're going to go and stay at HKDL, then there is no issue with communication. Pretty much everyone speaks English there. Gluten free food in HK? I think you would have to check up the food in the park a little more carefully.

In Hong Kong proper, there were people that didn't speak English but I think that was mostly in some of the local markets and some of the restaurants we went to. I don't think we ever had a problem with people not speaking English because there would be someone in the shops that could. If you stuck to the main tourist areas, there is no issue.

You'd need to research which restaurants would offer gluten free food; but there was a wide diversity of food types offered in the city. You could probably get there and only eat Western style food for the entire duration if that is what you wished.

Let me know if you have any questions. I think there are a couple of other Dissers that do frequent this part of the board; and they will probably chime in as appropriate.

:goodvibes

its mostly the fact they use soy sauce on everything and its got gluten in it. I think we would only do disney only. We have 2 young kids and dont feel very adventurous.

its mostly the fact they use soy sauce on everything and its got gluten in it. I think we would only do disney only. We have 2 young kids and dont feel very adventurous.

You can ask for them not to cook with soy; but there should be enough Western fare at the HKDL for you to manage. I would be tempted to take a day trip out to the Giant Buddha from Disney. There are Western options to eat either at the village up to top (including a Starbucks) or even at the outlet malls at the bottom of the cable car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter