Hoop De Revue or ??

tinala

Earning My Ears
O.K., this is a sisters trip with 5 sisters going. My oldest sister says Mickey's Hoop De Vevue at Wilderness is an absolute must. I say $50??? Are you kidding me? Now, in fairness she has been and I haven't. But, I also have been to AKL to Jiko's to eat and spent about $45 per person with 3 courses and it took 3 hours to eat. So, go for the entertainment or go for the food???

Hoop Dee Doo!
I think 5 sisters together would get alot of fun out of visiting HDDR together. You get entertainment and food. Now the food is very basic: fried chicken, ribs, salad, corn, beans, bread, beer, wine, & soft drinks but tasty. While it is not the refinement of Jiko it is a very fun time. BTW, Mickey is not in the show at all. It is a cast of six characters who call themselves the Pioneer Hall Players who use alot of audience participation, funny songs, and slapstick routines to get alot of laughs. We've been three times and enjoy it a bunch. If family is coming with us we always take them to HDDR for a fun evening out. Now we also enjoy the finer restaurants in WDW, but I think HDDR would make a fun memory for you all to remember and you never know one of you may be picked to be in the skit near the end of the show!! :)

I agree, HDDR is the way to go. Five sisters eating drinking and watch the show I think would be fun, don't I took my son when he was 15 and he even had fun. We haven't gone since but we are going in November, my son is now 22 and we will make it a fun time, ya can't help it in there. :D

I agree ...go with HDDR. We enjoy the fine dining that's available at WDW these days, too. But there is only one HDDR.

Have a great trip. Sounds like a lot of fun!

I think every Disney fan should experience the HDDR at least once.
pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Hoop De Doo may serve basic food, but it is good food. In fact, my husband commented that it was one of his best meals he had last trip. I suspect that's because he could eat all he wanted and continue to get refills. And we enjoyed the show as well.

YES, I agree, the HDDR is so much fun! The food is pretty decent and the entertainment is great! We try to go every year! It is a must for 5 sisters!!::MinnieMo

Go for the entertainment - HDDR is great!! :)

Jill

DF and I are going, this is my 5th time and his first. I can't wait! But, honestly where else can you go get good food and all the beer/wine you can drink? You will have a great time...

HDD -

Hi tinala,
This is a must do for us, particularly if someone in our party has not been. Show is just great, food is very good and service is excellent. Remember tax and gratuity are included and it is all you can eat. As you mentioned you can spend that at other WDW places, but this, in our opinion, is above and beyond most sit-down dinners.
Have fun!!! Bob

Aww, $50 is nothin' for the HDDR! We (my whole family over 3 generations) consider it one of the best values in all of WDW (and DH doesn't really love to part with his cash!;) ).

Go see HDDR and enjoy every moment with your sisters; I think it'll be a hoot (especially after a pitcher of sangria, which makes the jokes even funnier!):sunny:

I'm going next week (Wednesday) for the first time. I wasn't thrilled when I heard the price, but my BIL heard that it was great and I was willing to give it a try. And after reading all these posts, now I can't wait! (I do plan to drink a lot--I won't be driving--so I won't care about the $)

I agree, HDDR is a must see. Even my penny pinching-freak-out about WDW price's-DH agreed that it was worth the $$$. Plus that song....."hoop dee do, hoop dee do...." is about as addicting as "It's a small world after all...."

Just got back and can't wait till next year...

Kalen
:teeth: ::yes::

We are going for the first time next week - can't wait. I know it's all you can eat/drink - and we have PS at 5:00.

About how long does the show actually last? And is it really "all" you can eat/drink? Do they come back often for refills? I'm hoping my 4 yo grandson will enjoy it

We've been doing HDDR every year for many years...we never get tired of show. :thewave:

Book now! The sooner you book, the better the seating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter