• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop-Dee-Doo worth cost?

CarrieAP

Mouseketeer
Though we have been to Disney many times and eaten all over the world we have never tried a dinner show. I have enjoyed reading all the comments about the Hoop-dee-doo, and though they are predominantly positive, I am still having a hard time justifying the cost. Last week I took the plunge and made a reservation for our May trip when I realized were getting a nice tax refund, but am still uncertain about spending this much money. We have 2 daughters ages 5 and 8. Guess I just need some reassurance that the show is worth the $$$.

Absolutely, positively, 100-percent!!! Don't think twice about it! We did it again on our last trip (kids were 14, 10 and 6.) Even our oldest laughed, despite his "too-cool-for-everything" age!
It gives us some of our greatest Disney memories. Please don't pass it up. (Food's good, too!)

Hoop was the one childhood memory I had from Disney World. We had gone in 1980 when I was just 5 years old. I remember nothing from the trip except parts of the Hoop Dee Doo Revue (I used to ask my parents what was it that had this or that and the answer was always Hoop Dee Doo). To me, being that is all I remembered makes it worth the cost...it left a lasting impression. Now that I am married, hubby and I go at least once a year (sometimes twice since the Christmas show is a little different). I would agree whole heartedly... it is definetly worth the money, a great experience and a lot of fun.

I consider the HDD a bargain. While it does seem like a lot of money in a lump sum, when you look at what you get, it really is well worth it. Where else can you get all you can eat and drink(they were very generous with the food & beer), plus a show for that price? If you went to a regular restaurant and ordered salad, a couple of sides, a meal, dessert, and drinks you would probably be spending more for just that, nevermind the show.
Enjoy! :D

Yes it is.:) My kids loved the show (they're 7 yo and 10 yo).:) They liked the food ok, but they enjoyed the show better.:)

Hi Carrie-

The show and food are well worth the money!! Remember that the cost includes tax and gratuity. We try to go every time we are in WDW (on average every two years). and laugh our heads off each time. Have a great trip! Bob

We did it last August and DD still asks if we could do it again!

You will definately enjoy!

Have fun!

Scratch
pirate:

The HDD is SO worth every penny it costs. We took our 2 1/2 yr. old DGD last Oct. and even she has great memories of the show!! I always say you can't put a dollar value on memories!!
Go and enjoy the show and put the cost out of your mind. Just ENJOY!!!

we have done it several times, even though it's the same show over and over again, we keep going back for more and have enjoyed it every time. I really like the food and the way they serve it!! Hey, you only live once, forget about it and enjoy the time with family. Now everybody sing "Hoop-de-doo Hoop-de-doo :cool1: :cool1:

And your children are the perfect age to really love it. Have a great time and don't miss HDDR! :hyper:

Another yes! My DH was very apprehensive of it, but he laughed his fool butt off!!! You will enjoy it I am sure :hyper:

YES! YES! YES!

My DH hates to spend money and he loved it so much that it's the first thing we plan now when we decide on a date for a Disney trip. It is fabulous! May parents started taking my brother and sister and I when we were little and it's one of the first memories I have from Disney World.:D

DH and I consider it the BEST VALUE in WDW! Can't beat the expression on the kids faces and DS laughs so hard he has to use the potty...

We went to see the Hoop Dee Doo in June 2002 on one of our last nights there. My daughter was 3(one month away from being 4) and we LOVED it. We are going again this year on July 4th and we can't wait! The food was excellent and the show is great. My sister went in Sept. 2003 and her boys (6 and4) said this was their favorite part of the trip! You only live once.

We went to see the Hoop Dee Doo in June 2002 on one of our last nights there. My daughter was 3(one month away from being 4) and we LOVED it. We are going again this year on July 4th and we can't wait! The food was excellent and the show is great. My sister went in Sept. 2003 and her boys (6 and4) said this was their favorite part of the trip! You only live once.

Hoop Dee Doo! Hoop Dee Doo! I love it! Great show...never gets old! And the food is great! All you can eat bbq ribs and the best fried chicken in the world! Not to mention all you can drink beer and sangria...mmm...sangria! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

It is so worth it!! It was definitely the highlight of our last trip!! Plus the fried chicken was excellent!! Not to mention all you can drink beer!

To me this is what makes Disney so special. We went when my DD were 5 and almost 8. I figured they would "miss" most of the jokes, they were BELLY LAUGHING, as were my DH and myself. It was one of those times, when I though that this is what life is all about. There we were laughing (hard) at the SAME jokes at the same time. Where can you find that kind of humor??

Well worth the money.

How much is the HDD? I just looked it up on Disney's website and it says its $26-75 per person. Is $75 the adult price and $26 for kids?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter