Hoopdeedoo cost?

lookame

DIS Veteran
how much does hoop-see-do cost per adult and child? I have a 12 yr old but he doesn’t have much of an apatite and we’re paying out of pocket so do I have to pay adult price for him?

For character breakfasts can I pay child price for him or do I need to pay the adult price? And BOG dinner?

Pricing for AYCTE, character meals and shows is set by age and you will pay the adult price for him regardless of his appetite. At BOG dinner, he is welcome to choose anything he likes, from any menu, as it is a la carte and not priced by age.

I’m not sure about the prices for HDDR but I believe they run between $69 and $99 or so depending on the category (all adult pricing will be applied here too).

We witnessed a set of kids at hddr in January that looked around that age next to us. They ate cornbread and macncheese about a bite each. We got a giggle when one kid started saying he wanted to stop at McDonald's after. I can't imagine how hard it must be with a picky eater. Especially at WDW.

My adult DD does not eat much meat and asked for the vegetarian menu. She ordered a bowl of pasta with red sauce and a plate of grilled veggies (which were yum!). A young girl next to us ordered a burger. I thought most of the food was pretty good and the show was fun!

how much does hoop-see-do cost per adult and child? I have a 12 yr old but he doesn’t have much of an apatite and we’re paying out of pocket so do I have to pay adult price for him?

For character breakfasts can I pay child price for him or do I need to pay the adult price? And BOG dinner?

This sticky is your friend: https://www.disboards.com/threads/buffet-character-shows-aycte-pricing.3108466/
You'll find it at the top of this forum.

Yes, your 12 yr old is an adult in Disney dining eyes, so you'll have to pay adult price for him at all buffets and set price type meals. So that includes F! dining packages, ROL dining packages, dessert parties, etc.

As for Be Our Guest dinner. If you're going BEFORE July 27, you can order anything you like. After July 27, BOG dinner will be a set price and you will have to pay adult price for him there as well.

We witnessed a set of kids at hddr in January that looked around that age next to us. They ate cornbread and macncheese about a bite each. We got a giggle when one kid started saying he wanted to stop at McDonald's after. I can't imagine how hard it must be with a picky eater. Especially at WDW.

He’s not picky per say...he just can’t eat a lot. Adult sized meals are WAY to much for him. That being said I see us eating a lot of QS meals aside from a select few. Figuring out those select few is difficult though...

He’s not picky per say...he just can’t eat a lot. Adult sized meals are WAY to much for him. That being said I see us eating a lot of QS meals aside from a select few. Figuring out those select few is difficult though...

At any a la carte place, you can order whatever you want, including a kid's meal for him. OR he can share with you or just get an app.

If you decide to do a character meal, choose the one he will enjoy the most and see it more as a way for him to meet the characters than a meal.

And you never know when that "teen boy eating everything in sight" button will turn on. You may get to Disney and not be able to find enough for him to eat!

At any a la carte place, you can order whatever you want, including a kid's meal for him. OR he can share with you or just get an app.

If you decide to do a character meal, choose the one he will enjoy the most and see it more as a way for him to meet the characters than a meal.

And you never know when that "teen boy eating everything in sight" button will turn on. You may get to Disney and not be able to find enough for him to eat!
I've first hand knowledge that the button works for girls too;). To add insult to my "injury" of getting older they are all skinny as rails.

HDDR's pricing is based not only by seating category but also by season. You'll pay most for peak season and a little less for mid and slow seasons.

I think we'll probably forgo HDDR. I've heard amazing things about it but at the cheapest itd be like $250 for all four of us. :P

I'm wondering when he'll start eating like theres no tomorrow. He has to drink 3 pediasure's a day since he hasn't been gaining weight or growing taller.

I've first hand knowledge that the button works for girls too;). To add insult to my "injury" of getting older they are all skinny as rails.
My father could not believe how much we 4 girls ate, and stayed skinny as rails. He always used to say we had hollow legs. Apparently he thought teen eating was a boys' domain, and having girls, he couldn't believe it was not gender specific.

We just came back from HDR. It was fantastic and one of our kids favorite things we did. You need to look at the cost as not only for dinner but a show. It’s a 2 hr event with entertainment. Think about what you would pay to go see a show and add the price of dinner to it. Don’t look at it as just paying $60+ for dinner because it’s not. It really is one of the best dining experiences at Disney.

It is a great show and oh yeah, serves tasty food too
Got to agree with this. We were there a few nights ago at the 8:30 show. Really enjoyed both the food and the show. Oh, and somebody got to be the spirit of Davey. :littleangel:

We never get our money's worth so to speak at AYCEs but we still go, enjoy, and pay full price.

I paid approx. $432 for 6 of us.
Please................. when it comes to Disney I would never ever think of whether the food is worth the price. Because it usually isn't.
You are paying for the show, the characters, the atmosphere, the experience. pixiedust:

I have a 12 yr old but he doesn’t have much of an apatite and we’re paying out of pocket so do I have to pay adult price for him?

1) You bet!
2) Disney does not care about food consumption levels, just profit.

NOTE: They not even give price breaks to Seniors who eat little or Bariatric Surgery Patients who cannot eat more than about 4-5 ounces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter