Horror Nights - The Official Press Release

Earl

Man of Mystery
For First Time Ever, Entire 101-Acre Theme Park Will Transform Into A Never-Before-Imagined Haunted Experience and Major Thrill Rides Will Operate in Complete Darkness

After 11 years at Universal Studios Florida, Universal Orlando’s famed Halloween Horror Nights will make a new haunted home at Islands of Adventure -- allowing the theme park’s five elaborately themed islands to transform into five separate, disturbing islands of fear.
Universal’s “scream team” of designers and entertainers will use the special content, atmosphere and physical layout of the park to create an entirely new Halloween event that immerses guests in the fright fest from the moment they enter the park until they leave, with no pause or escape in-between.
“Over the years, Halloween Horror Nights has become one of the largest events of its kind in the country. We see an opportunity to expand upon its popularity by creating an even more intense and unnerving Halloween experience," said Bob Gault, president and chief operating officer for Universal Orlando. "The design and layout of Islands of Adventure is a scare-maker’s dream come true. By utilizing the park's unique themed areas and thrill rides, we will be able to create scares and experiences that have been entirely unimaginable until now.”
Universal’s designers will create a one-of-a-kind netherworld where things that are known and loved by day within each of the islands will become distorted, twisted, nightmarish versions of themselves at night.
Mutant half-dinosaur/half-humans will stalk guests amidst the lush foliage of Jurassic Park Island. Lost souls and demons will inhabit a horrible world of fire and fear throughout the darkened corridors of the Lost Continent. Evil super-villains will reign supreme amidst the foreboding cityscape of Marvel Super Hero Island. The curved streets of Seuss Landing will become twisted pathways to unexpected places _and the comic environment of Toon Lagoon will become the stage for fiendish confrontations with childhood nightmares brought to life.
Within the islands, the thrills associated with the park’s most popular rides will also be intensified as riders navigate the eerie waters of Jurassic Park River Adventure under the cloak of darkness and attempt to dodge the creatures inhabiting the winding, twisting, dimly lit corridors of the Dueling Dragons queue line.
This year’s Halloween Horror Nights will also include five all-new haunted mazes, new live shows, including a new version of the popular “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure” stage show, and hundreds of stalking creatures and spooks created for their particular island and especially for this year’s event.
Tickets go on sale June 15 for Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights, which runs for 21 select nights, beginning at 7 p.m., on Oct. 4 & 5, Oct. 10-13, Oct. 16-20, Oct. 23-27 and Oct. 29-Nov. 2. Tickets for weekend nights often sell out in advance and guests are advised to purchase their tickets as soon as possible.
Tickets may be purchased now at both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure theme parks, via Universal’s website at www.halloweenhorrornights.com, or by calling 1-877-2FRIGHT (1-877-237-4448).
Regular admission to Halloween Horror Nights is $49.95 plus tax for out-of-state visitors. Tickets for Florida residents are $39.95 plus tax (advance) and $49.95 plus tax (day of event). Parking in the Universal Orlando parking structure is free of charge after 6 p.m.
Gory Getaway travel packages which include hotel accommodations and admission to Halloween Horror Nights, beginning at $109 per adult, are also available through Universal Studios Vacations at www.halloweenhorrornights.com, or by calling (877) 237-4448.
The Universal Orlando resort destination (www.universalorlando.com) includes two dramatically distinct and adjacent theme parks, the Universal Studios motion picture and television theme park and Islands of Adventure, Orlando's next generation theme park. Universal Orlando also includes CityWalk, a 30-acre dining, shopping, club and live-entertainment venue as well as premier on-site Loews hotels and world-class film and television production facilities.
Universal Orlando is a unit of Vivendi Universal Entertainment (www.universalstudios.com), the film, television and recreation entity of Vivendi Universal, a global media and communications company.

Interesting... I'll be getting my tickets for the first or second week here. It should be VERY crowded because of this new twist and IOA's narrow pathways will make it more congested... good luck to all who go later in the month.;) It does sound fun on paper, but we'll see how it turns out... I have my fingers crossed.

i am gonna go early this year too

we should all plan a meet or sumpthin.

wheres barry?:jester:

Alright, I guess I'll plan on going the first week...

Well, I guess the later weekends are out of my planning !
This will only be our 2nd visit to HHN & I am already excited about it.:jester:
The link for www.halloweenhorrornights.com doesn't come up , is this maybe not going to be up & running until the 15 of june?
Oh & the other thing, the article didn't mention Studios at all, is it completely excluded ? Or is it a combo ? ACCCCKKKKKK ! So may questions :p

ok & one more thing (and yes, i know I'm a pest, there is no need to bring it up!:rolleyes: What is eveyones opinion on going the first weekends ? What about all the glitches ? Does anyone think we won't get the full effect, that it will be trial runs on most everything ? You know, new place, well, new everything !
ok, I promise that's it for tonight !:cool:

It seems to be just at IOA. Well, I think we'd be going on the Saturday which means they will have one day to work everything out. Let's put it this way: Minor slip-up here and there with no lines or kinks worked out with masses of people?;)

Rocketman says : Let's put it this way: Minor slip-up here and there with no lines or kinks worked out with masses of people?

OK OK , good point ! Early it is !
Any one hear about a parade ?????

We have ressies for the RP for Oct 19 - Oct 24, made them in anticipation of HHN. Cant wait to get "spooked".

Patty

Our sources are saying it will not be possible to have a parade like they have had in the past at USF . the path around IOA is not wide enough to have floats pulled by trucks..... this doesn't rule out a "walking" type parade.... i for one will miss the parade :( we were lucky enough to ride on one of the floats (devil) last year and had the time of our lives

Brian
www.hauntfreaks.com

Actually, a parade is possible. The walkway around IOA was desgined for it, especially using self powered floats. What you are likely to see is the truck pulled floats but they will not go all the way around.:D

Can you use your AP for admission to Horror Nights????

I REALLY want to go, and free admission might just push me over the edge!

From what I understand, HHN is a "hard ticket event", so no , the AP would not get you in.

Now I don't have to try to talk my husband into letting me go!:D

Does anyone know if there are fanclub or AAA discounts available for the HH night tickets?

Rocketman, we have the power passes with blackout dates, will we still get a discount ??
(even tho I think we will be getting a package with on-site hotel & tickets for HHN) If I can get additional discounts, I am even more interested !!:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter