Horseback riding question ...

MJwritestuff

Mouseketeer
Hello all,
We're going to the world November 16-22 nd this year, and are thrilled to be spending an afternoon and evening exploring Ft. Wilderness. We can't wait for the campfire, as it is a total surprise for our "been to Disney before" kids. I thought it would be neat to do different things that they enjoy, since our first visit was commando style.

My question: can we horseback ride? My kids aren't into pony rides, as they are 8, 9 & 9. I see it on a brochure I have, but all the Ft. Wilderness info just speaks about pony rides.

If anyone has any info, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Melissa

Sure there is horseback riding. It is an organized trail ride lasting about 45 minutes. Registration is at the kennel by the main parking lot at FW. Trail rides also depart from this area. Horses are gentle.

:D

Thank you ftwildernessguy - do you have to call and reserve anything in advance?

If not, how do you know when these trips are departing? (We're not camping at the site, but are staying at the Poly).

Lastly, will they take a seven year old? She's been horseback riding several times here in Jersey.

Thank you! Melissa

Last time that my girls did the trail ride there was an age limit of 10 years old ..... nobody younger could ride. Perhaps they have changed the rule, but this was just 2 years ago. Also, I know that you said your kids aren't interested in the pony rides, but FYI there is a weight limit of 60 pounds on the ponies ..... in the event they change their mind.

Registration is at the kennels. I am not sure of the departure time, but you could call ahead and find out. I will check on the phone number and get back to you.:D

Looks like we'll just miss it! My 7 year old is too young, and my nine year olds are both over 60 pounds. Oh well - we're still looking forward to the campfire and movie.
Thanks for the help (and I'll still call that number and ask them; maybe they will let my daughter ride with me or something!)

-Melissa

I'm so glad someone asked about horseback riding! I wasn't aware that was available at FW. That will be yet another thing I have to look forward to when I finally get to go!

While we were at FW in mid-August 2003, we checked on the horseback riding and we were told that the minimum age for horseback riding is 9 years old so you may want to call and verify the age requirement. Why they picked 9 years old is beyond me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter