Horseback Riding

scakul

Mouseketeer
Anyone ever go horseback riding?

Is it at Fort Wilderness? What's the cost? Is it worth it for novice riders?

Yes, there are horseback rides at Fort Wilderness near the Kennels. My teenager did this last trip and said yes she liked it and yes she would do it again. You ride for about 45 minutes on a path. You just go at a walk in a single file line.

I did it a few years ago and it was a very laid back ride through some of the trails around Ft. Wilderness. But here's all the info you need (from allears.net)

Guided horseback rides are offered 6 times daily (8:30, 10, 11:30 a.m., 1, 2:30 and 4 p.m.) at the Tri-Circle D Livery at Fort Wilderness. The rides, which cost $32 per person, last approximately 45 minutes. Riders must be at least 9 years old and 48 inches tall and can weigh no more than 250 pounds. The horses are tame and walk pretty much single file during the ride. If you're an experienced rider, this ride may be too dull for you. If you've not had an opportunity to ride a horse before or have done so rarely, this ride may be just what you're looking for. To make reservations, call (407) 824-2832. It is strongly suggested that you wear long pants and that you do not wear open-toed or heeled shoes.

Hope this helps!!!! :teeth:

We did it a few years ago, it was fun, but not for the more experienced riders. You go along a trail, and the kids really liked it alot.
The cost was $32 per person...........:sunny:

I'd like to do this on my next trip (hopefully Nov or Dec of 05). I've ridden before, but I'm not that good a rider. I can certainly control a horse at a walk, though. Do you get to control the horse yourself, or is it tied to everyone else's?

We reserved horseback riding this July too. Hopefully the horses are connected together.

Going to Vero Beach during the middle of our trip and searched for horseback riding. It would be great on the beach.

However found a lady in Fellsmere. I talked to the lady on the phone and it sounds interesting.

chris

It's a trail ride at a walking pace with you in control of the reins. All horses walk single file in a line with CMs at both the front and back of the group.

The horses are very, very tame and gentle, and good trail horses. They are very easy to control.

Also, I think that if they have even the slightest concern that the weather may cause the horses to get spooked, they cancel the trail rides for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter