Hosting A Swap

hffmnheidi

Mouseketeer
I am thinking about hostessing a swap this fall/early winter. I will have participated in several swaps by that time. Can anyone give me any tips on hosting a swap for the first time or point me in the direction of some websites to read up and see what it takes to host a swap here on the Dis Boards. Thanks so much for all your help.

Below is what I list on the swap calendar as needed to add a swap onto the calendar as a hostess. Due to problems with disappearing swap hostess in the past- I will not add a swap to the calendar until someone has participated in at least 4 swaps (successfully) and been an active part of our community for at least 6 months. This would be for a smaller elements swap. If you are looking at a larger swap or one with complete pages I would want you to be on the boards for at least a year. I would also say that any swap someone wants to do should be different from what is already on the calendar- we set it up each year so that our swappers can make the best decisions on swaps.

We have had a few people interested in hostessing swaps that have done 1-2 things and then dropped from the boards and at least 1 hostess in the past who dropped off the earth with over $200 in pastage let alone swap materials from people.

Hostessing:

Hostessing a swap:
1. Check in on your swap at least once a week.
2. Respond to questions promptly.
3. Once you have received items put them somewhere safe until everything arrives.
4. If someone's items are not up to standard let them know and work with them on correcting the situation.
5. Once you have the items divide them out for people quickly and mail them out. Make sure you are keeping on top of this and staying in contact as you do this.

Larger Swaps(Red): we ask that you have been swapping with us for at least a year before hostessing these- they take a lot of work to organize and divide. I am also asking for each hostess to limit themselves to 1 of these swaps for the year.

Other Swaps(smaller/technique/bought)- we ask that you have been swapping with us for at least 6 months and have participated in at least 4 swaps. I ask you to limit yourself to hostessing 3 of these for the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter