Hotel choice with four 16 year boys

LynnB

Mouseketeer
DH and I will be taking our son and 3 of his friends to Universal for 4 nights this July to celebrate his 16th birthday. We’re trying to decide on a resort. We love RPR and HR but have pretty much ruled them out due to cost. I’m torn between two 2 bedroom suites at Dockside or 2 connecting Family Suites at Cabana Bay.

If we stay at Dockside DH and I would have a separate bedroom which would give us a little bit of separation from the craziness. lol.
DS and I have also stayed here for HHN and OI Meet Ups and really enjoyed it.

Downside is they don’t have connecting 2 bedroom suites which makes the sleeping arrangements awkward. Unless we cram all 4 kids in 1 suite they’d have to split up at night and I’m not really comfortable with that . A 2 bedroom suite with a connecting standard room would be the perfect set up but I don’t believe that is an option.

I’ve never stayed at Cabana Bay but it looks like a place the kids would really enjoy and I think 2 connecting family suites might work out well for us. Proximity To SF is a plus as well for pool hopping or taking the boat to parks.

Any suggestions or input would be appreciated!

We’ve stayed at both the 2-bedroom suites at Dockside and also the family suite at CB. I personally like the room at Dockside much better due to being bright and much newer. However, I think CB makes more sense for location purposes. The boys could come and go as they please (if allowed to) with CB’s proximity to the parks by means of walking etc. The buses at Dockside were very efficient though too. CB has a fun vibe with lazy river etc.

I have stayed at both resorts,
I think I would choose Cabana Bay .Taking on that much worry and responsibility . I kinda think CB is a little bit more enclosed or secure from the outside world. The Dockside with the bus transport location is a little on the edge of being off site with strangers walking around .
I worried about this with my 2 grandchildren last Thanksgiving (15&16 )…I still think CB was the best choice.
I am a just in case better be safe than sorry person.

The cabana bay suites are a good option. However, there is always the slight chance that they don’t honor your request for two connecting suites. Would you be OK with having non-connected suites? For me I don’t think I would worry about teens being in a separate room, even if that room were in a different hallway, but I don’t know the kids you are taking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter