Hotel Closest to Saratoga Springs Resort

fairytale

DIS Veteran
Morning Folks :)

We are visiting this September and are a party of 7 adults, we have a 2 bed villa booked at SSR resort but having stayed there also last year it just felt a bit too tight for us all, I'm therefore looking at booking just a basic hotel room at a nearby, WALK AWAY, from Saratoga.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I've google mapped it, but with the knowledge on here, I wondered if there was any short cuts about even via Disney Springs.

Thanks in advance all

Annette

The closest Disney hotel to SSR is Old Key West. There are also some non-Disney hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd that might be considered walkable.

It's a mile walk from Whyndham Disney Springs to SSR. Distance will vary depending on the exact location of SSR.

Honestly nothing is a quick walk when you're hot and tired. We just stayed in the Paddock area and it was a hoof to DS in the 88 degree weather with nasty humidity not to mention the long afternoon thunderstorm and that was no where near one of the DS hotels. From where we were the boat dock was an inconvenient walk. I would look to a studio at SSR

The Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista is close enough that we did a split stay and walked between the 2 on checkout day. It would be more convenient if your Saratoga room is in Congress Park section. The Hilton Lake Buena Vista is close, too, or you could take the Disney Springs boat to Old Key West or Port Orleans.

The Hilton Buena Vista Palace is definitely the closest - it's directly across Buena Vista Dr from Saratoga's Congress Park section. You don't even need to go through Disney Springs from that hotel - you can cross the street directly to the back Saratoga entrance gate or there's a path that runs right along the water and joins the Saratoga path to the back of Congress Park.

Obviously it would work best if staying at Congress Park and requesting building 1 or 2, with buildings 3 or 4 as backups, or Paddock section's building 12 or 11.

I'm DVC, but on one or two rare occasions when I needed a 1-day hotel room before a DVC availability, I've stayed there - I walked across the street to Disney Springs to use their bus stop to get around the parks...it was nearly as convenient as staying on Disney property.

PO French Quarter would be a moderate Disney hotel with reasonably close access - just hop the Springs boat and walk over to Saratoga...but it's not 'close' - the boat ride is 15-20 minutes or so.

The Hilton Buena Vista Palace is definitely the closest - it's directly across Buena Vista Dr from Saratoga's Congress Park section. You don't even need to go through Disney Springs from that hotel - you can cross the street directly to the back Saratoga entrance gate or there's a path that runs right along the water and joins the Saratoga path to the back of Congress Park.

Obviously it would work best if staying at Congress Park and requesting building 1 or 2, with buildings 3 or 4 as backups, or Paddock section's building 12 or 11.

I'm DVC, but on one or two rare occasions when I needed a 1-day hotel room before a DVC availability, I've stayed there - I walked across the street to Disney Springs to use their bus stop to get around the parks...it was nearly as convenient as staying on Disney property.

PO French Quarter would be a moderate Disney hotel with reasonably close access - just hop the Springs boat and walk over to Saratoga...but it's not 'close' - the boat ride is 15-20 minutes or so.
Both the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista or the Hilton Orlando are closer because there is no walkway across East Buena Vista Drive at Broadway. To cross East Buena Vista Drive you have to go to Hotel Plaza Blvd to cross.

Both the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista or the Hilton Orlando are closer because there is no walkway across East Buena Vista Drive at Broadway. To cross East Buena Vista Drive you have to go to Hotel Plaza Blvd to cross.
True - though I just cross without the crosswalk myself. Might be something you might not want to do with little kids or someone impaired who can't walk quickly - I don't find the traffic too bad on Buena Vista - there are usually just a handful of cars, sometimes when the light at Hotel Plaze goes green and a little bundle come all at once - many times there are no cars for nice big gaps of time. It's not illegal in Florida to 'jaywalk' so one can cross without a crosswalk - if it can be done safely of course.

True - though I just cross without the crosswalk myself. Might be something you might not want to do with little kids or someone impaired who can't walk quickly - I don't find the traffic too bad on Buena Vista - there are usually just a handful of cars, sometimes when the light at Hotel Plaze goes green and a little bundle come all at once - many times there are no cars for nice big gaps of time. It's not illegal in Florida to 'jaywalk' so one can cross without a crosswalk - if it can be done safely of course.
It is against Disney policy.

Have seen folks try several times and been caught by Disney security (there is a booth right there) and told to go back. Best to just use the pedestrian walkway like Disney wants you to do.

If it is:

A) Appealing
B) Available
C) Affordable

Then I would give the Treehouses at SSR a look. We stayed there for about 1/2 week and the location was perfection. I cooked out a large size portion on the grill the first night which became partial breakfast and lunch the next day. The pool and hot tub are ultra-quiet and clean.

The best part was the dedicated dock with almost no one using it. It was like our own private boat to The Marketplace at Disney Springs on many occasions.

The Treehouse has 3 bedrooms (2 bunks in one of them), 2 full bathroom and a jetted/bubbler tub. I believe the sofa is a pull-out as well as another chair. So, it might give you plenty of room with some amenities.

It's my least favorite DVC resort on property due to the interior theme not to my personal liking. But to others, it is a great option.

The two Hiltons and Wyndham at Disney Springs would be the closest walks. But depending on the room location in Saratoga, they could still be 20 minutes or more. I would really recommend getting a 3 bedroom villa or a studio and link the reservations together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter