Hotel Restaurants

Krystallen

Earning My Ears
Can someone help me with some info for the hotel restaurants? We'll be staying at Disney Hollywood Hotel for 2 nights in January but would love to know about the ones at Disneyland Hotel too.

Disneyland Hotel:
-Enchanted Garden Restaurant (Where is this one exactly? I couldn't find it when I was there and didn't ask because I was in a hurry to get to the park)
-Walt's Cafe (Where is this too? Couldn't find this either)
-Crystal Lotus (Tried this. Excellent food and service)

Hollywood Hotel:
-Chef Mickey (Tried this.)
-Hollywood & Dine (Didn't see this one either the last time I went to this hotel)
-Sunset Terrace (Tried this)

I'd love to know about the ones I haven't tried, Enchanted Garden, Walt's Cafe, and Hollywood & Dine. Where exactly are they and what are the general prices? I've read some reviews about Walt's Cafe and they aren't too positive, most people said the food is just so-so but the price is really expensive, is this true?

Disneyland Hotel:
-Enchanted Garden Restaurant (Where is this one exactly? I couldn't find it when I was there and didn't ask because I was in a hurry to get to the park)
-Walt's Cafe (Where is this too? Couldn't find this either)
-Crystal Lotus (Tried this. Excellent food and service)

Hollywood Hotel:
-Chef Mickey (Tried this.)
-Hollywood & Dine (Didn't see this one either the last time I went to this hotel)
-Sunset Terrace (Tried this)

Enchanted Garden Restaurant is located on the bottom level of the Disneyland Hotel, downstairs from the lobby. I'm not sure if they do anything other than character breakfasts. The breakfast buffet had lots of variety, and the food was pretty good, but we were disappointed with the character interaction.

Walt's is just off the lobby, on the same side as the check-in desk. We enjoyed our meals there, but it definitely was expensive.

Hollywood & Dine is right at the end of the corridor, past Chef Mickey. This is kind of cafeteria style, with some pre-packaged items etc. We bought tubs of yoghurt and fruit from there for breakfast one day.

Unfortunately the food is expensive wherever you go.

Food is expensive at the resort wherever you go. I stayed at the HK Disneyland Hotel for 3 nights.

Unlike Zanzibar, we enjoyed our breakfast at Enchanted Garden. The food was good and we had pretty decent interaction with the characters.

We ate breakfast at Walt's twice. Both times we chose the ...once the Western breakfast and the other time the Chinese breakfast. I am of Asian background so I definitely enjoyed the Chinese breakfast more. There is limited places for breakfast in the resort and the food is pricey; but it was fine for us.

Crystal Lotus is good.

We had snacks from the Grand Salon late one of the nights we were there. The food was tasty but expensive.

I didn't eat at the places in Hollywood Hotel.

hi, We went to Enchanted Garden for dinner buffet and enjoyed it. We don't find any of the food at HKDL very good- resort or park- so we would eat at Enchanted Garden again no question as we both found plenty we could eat and enjoy, but it really isn't that spectacular. They need local restaurants in a Downtown Disney type setting to raise the bar for food over there imo.

Character interaction was mixed. Pluto and Minnie were fantastic. Mickey was kinda busy flirting with all the single ladies, which I found weird. :confused3 Pluto was really the one holding down the fort, interacting with everyone, adults and kids alike.

We have eaten at Crystal Lotus twice. First time the special Disney dim sum was great. This last trip, we enjoyed the regular menu items much more than we did the Disney dim sum, which seemed dry this time.

Thank you for all the replies. I appreciate it :) Is it possible to have breakfast buffet at Enchanted Garden if we're staying at Disney Hollywood Hotel? Which restaurant is the best when it comes to breakfast buffet, Chef Mickey, Enchanted Garden, or Walt's Cafe?

Thank you for all the replies. I appreciate it :) Is it possible to have breakfast buffet at Enchanted Garden if we're staying at Disney Hollywood Hotel? Which restaurant is the best when it comes to breakfast buffet, Chef Mickey, Enchanted Garden, or Walt's Cafe?

You can use any of the hotel restaurants, even if you're not a guest there.

As for which is better, it depends what you're after. Walt's is really more of a continental breakfast buffet, and you order any extras that you want off the menu (eg bacon and eggs etc). You don't have to book or anything. Enchanted Garden had a great spread with a huge variety of western and Asian breakfast options. It's also a very cute, nicely themed restaurant. But I was disappointed with the character interaction. Chef Mickey is more of a clean, modernist theming, not as charming, but could be more 'fun' depending on what your kids are into. I haven't been there for breakfast so I don't know what the food or character interaction is like there. I think both restaurants just have a selection of classic Disney characters (eg Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy etc). Both character breakfasts require booking in advance.

We don't really have any small children with us, just older teenagers, so character interaction probably don't matter that much. I'm not clear on this character breakfast so I'm sure this is a stupid question but you said character breakfast in both Enchanted Garden and Chef Mickey requires booking in advance, so if we don't want any character interaction (just regular breakfast buffet) do we still have to book in advance? Or maybe we can just book on the day we arrive (i.e. a day before we're having breakfast)? I hope I make sense.

We don't really have any small children with us, just older teenagers, so character interaction probably don't matter that much. I'm not clear on this character breakfast so I'm sure this is a stupid question but you said character breakfast in both Enchanted Garden and Chef Mickey requires booking in advance, so if we don't want any character interaction (just regular breakfast buffet) do we still have to book in advance? Or maybe we can just book on the day we arrive (i.e. a day before we're having breakfast)? I hope I make sense.

If you don't want any character interaction you're better off sticking to Walt's, or just eat in the park. There isn't a non-character option at the Enchanted Garden, and I wouldn't think so at Chef Mickey either. Even if you don't want character interaction, you'll be paying for it, and will still have to book as the restaurants fill up with the people who do want the characters. Although depending on how busy it is, you'd probably be ok booking it at check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter