Hotel Royal Plaza

It sounds like the OP just feels safer doing things this way. Have you stayed at the Royal Plaza? What's your opinion of the place? I'll be there in October and I'm hoping it's nice.

PS..I'm bussing it so the car park is not an issue;)

We have stayed a couple of times in the Tower and it was great and that was prior to renovation, in fact we met a man in the glass elevator who had visited and had stayed for 7 months in a suite on the top floor!!
Great location for DTD which we love, Disney Shop (always good) restaurant served a lovely Blue Plate special which was nice after a day in the park.
Pool area good, laundry, overall a good hotel for us, in fact we want to go back in December and staying at this hotel. You will always get good and bad views, enjoy it for what it is and the location is superb.

I sure am glad to read good reviews of Hotel Royal Plaza. I just got a reservation there from Hotwire and was a little taken aback when I found out the name of the hotel as I had never heard of it.

I am sure we will get just the standard room, but we are only staying for the first night, then moving to BWV. So as long as it is clean, I guess I am not going to be too picky. Is it close to DTD? We'd like to walk over to Adventurer's Club after we check in.

Actually DTD is ony about a ten min. walk from HRP. My DH and I walked down almost everynight. It's really a quick walk but, the hotel does have a bus starting around 6 or 7 pm I think that travels downtown. (please correct me if I'm wrong about the bus) but, a few years ago that's how I remember it now.
Have a great time.

Thought I read somewhere that they offer transportation to all the parks and downtown disney.

Not true?

Yes, busses to the parks about every 30 minutes or so....

My family has stayed at the HRP two times - summers of 2004 and 2006. We stayed in Tower rooms both times. The room was nice, the beds were comfy, and we liked having the sitting area with pull out love seat. We could see fireworks from the room at night.

We walked to and from DTD many times and enjoyed the ten minute walk. It's a pleasant stroll for us although we're all in decent shape. For those not up for the walk, the bus ride should be very quick. We also walked in the other direction once and played minigolf at the Pirates Cove nearby.

We also appreciated the fact that the bus pickup begins at that side of DTD hotels so we always had a seat. By the time the bus circled around and picked up at the hotels across the street, there were never enough seats. Those boarding at the Grosvernor frequently had to stand because they were always picked up last.

Another good feature that we took advantage of was the free delivery of items purchased in the Disney parks to the hotel so we didn't have to carry them around all day. Any souvenirs, pictures from the Splash Mountain ride, etc. we could buy and not have to worry about carrying them around all day and night.

There is a Disney store in the hotel that sells park tickets so no need to wait on line at the park.

The pool was nice, not huge, but fine to swim and lounge around.

This year we are staying at a Disney resort but we wouldn't hesitate to stay to HRP again in the future.

My family has stayed at the HRP two times - summers of 2004 and 2006. We stayed in Tower rooms both times. The room was nice, the beds were comfy, and we liked having the sitting area with pull out love seat. We could see fireworks from the room at night.

We walked to and from DTD many times and enjoyed the ten minute walk. It's a pleasant stroll for us although we're all in decent shape. For those not up for the walk, the bus ride should be very quick. We also walked in the other direction once and played minigolf at the Pirates Cove nearby.

We also appreciated the fact that the bus pickup begins at that side of DTD hotels so we always had a seat. By the time the bus circled around and picked up at the hotels across the street, there were never enough seats. Those boarding at the Grosvernor frequently had to stand because they were always picked up last.

Another good feature that we took advantage of was the free delivery of items purchased in the Disney parks to the hotel so we didn't have to carry them around all day. Any souvenirs, pictures from the Splash Mountain ride, etc. we could buy and not have to worry about carrying them around all day and night.

There is a Disney store in the hotel that sells park tickets so no need to wait on line at the park.

The pool was nice, not huge, but fine to swim and lounge around.

This year we are staying at a Disney resort but we wouldn't hesitate to stay to HRP again in the future.

That great to hear! Thanks for the report.

Sure glad someone posted this. We're staying here for the 1st time in October. I also got a great rate from mousesavers.com, Paid for 4 nights, got one night free and a free buffet breakfast every day which includes made to order omelets! :banana:

I didn't realize this was a perk of staying there! That's good to know.
How far was the minigolf place? DD and I love minigolf.

Sure glad someone posted this. We're staying here for the 1st time in October. I also got a great rate from mousesavers.com, Paid for 4 nights, got one night free and a free buffet breakfast every day which includes made to order omelets! :banana:

Us as well-when in October?

Good question! I'm not sure myself-I can't remember reading anything except that they provide transportation to the parks.

Stayed at the Royal for 10 nights Nov 06 in a tower king room- our room was huge! Lovely decor, really comfy. Only downside for me was the pool area though. Although we went in nov, it was really hot, but because of the height of the main building, the pool area was in the shade from about 1pm. We normally would go to parks in the morning and evening, and would have liked to been able to sunbathe and relax in the afternoon - we went to Typhoon instead, which was prob more fun!!
Really nice hotel - staff were very friendly - would stay there again, def!

Stayed at the Royal for 10 nights Nov 06 in a tower king room- our room was huge! Lovely decor, really comfy. Only downside for me was the pool area though. Although we went in nov, it was really hot, but because of the height of the main building, the pool area was in the shade from about 1pm. We normally would go to parks in the morning and evening, and would have liked to been able to sunbathe and relax in the afternoon - we went to Typhoon instead, which was prob more fun!!
Really nice hotel - staff were very friendly - would stay there again, def!
Thanks for posting. I'll be there in October with my daughter.....curious was the poolside bar open in November?

Thanks. We're excited about going in October as well.

Have poolside rooms-any comments about those?

We were just there for one night. I found the biggest downside was the pool. The pool bar was not open, despite it being a very busy time in Orlando (August). Didn't know why - I was wanting to get a drink or a snack while kids swam. Plus the pool was just a little rectangle that was not too clean - no staff anywhere to be seen nor lifeguards. Very crowded. Similar to a motel. Room was clean and spacious - we had a suite. Also unless the breakfast buffet is free (ours was) I'd skip it. It was just fair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter